Nov 13 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4495 posts

Abbey Hill Cottage & Garden Party

[ Edited ]
59 replies 1611 views Edited Nov 21, 2013

Abbey_Hill_Cottage_131113_1280x720.jpg

Garden Party public space reward: Abbey Hill Cottage Painting - Kitched Dream [Wall Hanging] (just enter the space)

As additional rewards for either the public or private space are discovered I'll update this post.

UPDATE:

It appears unlike LKWD's public Prairie space, this public space only has the one reward for entering, and owning the personal space does not give access to the rest of the public space.  Instead, the lock icon acts simply as a portal to the personal space.

As for the personal space rewards, so far it appears to be like the Dream Hideaway space, and that there are two daily rewards specific to that day of the week, and like their other spaces, to get them you have to find the randomly placed LKWD gold spinning icons - so keep that in mind before you start decorating as you may cover up one of the spots where the icon may appear.

Wed[Wall Hanging]Abbey Hill Cottage Painting - Home Sweet Home
Wed[Chair]Abbey Hill Cottage Dining Chair 
Thu[Container]Abbey Hill Cottage Oak Dresser
Thu[Ornament] Abbey Hill Cottage Porcelain Bath
Fri[Ornament]Abbey Hill Cottage Kitchen Range
Fri??
Sat[Sofa]Abbey Hill Cottage Iron Bed
Sat[Ornament]Abbey Hill Cottage Porcelain Sink
Sun[Chair]Abbey Hill Cottage Chesterfield Armchair
Sun[Sofa]Abbey Hill Cottage Plush Sofa
Mon[Footstool]Abbey Hill Cottage Chesterfield Footstool
Mon??
Tue[Table]Abbey Hill Cottage Dining Table
Tue??

(thanks to Ledis15 and Tang_Ang for posting pics and info about the rewards)

LKWD use to offer guest rewards for their spaces, but so far none have been reported.  However, if this is like Dream Hideaway, then there may be guest rewards this weekend. 

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 60 (1,611 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Abbey Hill Cottage & Garden Party

Nov 13, 2013

Shame they didn't have a Open House for this space. Seems like another gated area which is there simply to try and sell the space. It would be nice if developers got off the locked gate entry and simply sold the space.

Message 2 of 60 (1,594 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

Karate_kidchump wrote:
is it me or did I just see someone with a thread just like this one talking about that

There is a different thread for the weekly LKWD releases, which of course include these spaces.  This thread is specifically to talk about the spaces, share info about them, and about the rewards and how to get them.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 3 of 60 (1,570 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 13, 2013

At the very least, could the devs post a video that shows what the inside of the space looks like? I'm halfway thinking of buying this, but I'm less interested in riding horses around outside than I am in what the interior looks like. Not enough in the video/no open house=no sale.

I'm also wondering if this is related to the Winter Cottage they're planning for Christmas. If so, I'm definitely waiting. Don't need two versions of same space.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 4 of 60 (1,557 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Nov 13, 2013
I bought the space if anyone wants to see the inside
Message 5 of 60 (1,548 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

king_of_games30 wrote:
I bought the space if anyone wants to see the inside

Can you check to see if you can acess the area in the Garden Party space that is 'locked' off (as is the case in the public Prairie space), and if so, have you found any rewards like those found in the public Prairie space?

The lock icon says it will relocate you to Abbey Hill Cottage, so it's not clear if it is just a portal, or you can access that part of the public space.

"Like it never happened"

Message 6 of 60 (1,496 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Nov 13, 2013
You can go from public to private but not from private to public and I haven't seen any indications of more rewards by doing activities most of the stuff looks either it's for sale or rewards from owning the private space
Message 7 of 60 (1,425 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Nov 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

As additional rewards for either the public or private space are discovered I'll update this post.

Here's the 2 rewards I got from the private space. They're both owner only.

Spoiler
Picture Frame Hanging

Spoiler
Abbey Hill Cottage Chair

Message 8 of 60 (1,407 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Nov 13, 2013

king_of_games30 wrote:
You can go from public to private but not from private to public and I haven't seen any indications of more rewards by doing activities most of the stuff looks either it's for sale or rewards from owning the private space

OK, so the lock icon in the public space is just a portal to your personal space and is not like the Prairie public space where it is a gate to access the rest of the public space?

@Ledis15 

Thanks for sharing.  Do you have to do anything to get them, or did they automatically appear when you entered your space?  Also, can you post the names so I can add them to the OP for future reference?

"Like it never happened"

Message 9 of 60 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Personal opinion, why just make a relocator space period? An open house would've done more justice, and maybe tempted players into actually purchasing the space.

Though since users can only get a feel of what's outside of the cottage, it leaves people wanting more.

Lockwood, you've made open houses before, so I don't see why you didn't go the same route this time.

Message 10 of 60 (1,366 Views)