Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

Re: ANTI-Suggestion Thread

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013

I agree with a lot of the sentiment here, but I actually like LMOs that properly utilize the square button for boost.  That is to say where you only have to press the square button (not hold it down) to toggle the boost on or off.

The reason for this is it allows me not only to have a wider choice of speeds, but also allows the developer to add another animation to the LMO.

For instance, LKWD's mounts like the Lion and Horses are a great example.  Not only is there a standing still and walking/running animation, but you get different animation for the speed boost.  Not only that, but there are plenty of times I don't want to use the speed boost, but if a LMO has it automatically, it's a pain having to try and adjust the joystick so that it wont go full speed without slowing to much down to a walk.

Now I realize LMOs that use the square as a toggle rather than holding it down will sometimes do not switch speeds right away and sometimes it takes pressing the square button a few times, and some will also lose the speed boost if you run into objects, some LMOs will even do this if you brush up against.

However, clearly this is developer issue, as there are some LMOs that use the toggle option that do not have any of these issues.  In fact, making it more confusing is that even within the same developer it seems some LMOs work better than others at this.  For instance, the first horses that LKWD came out with often did not respond to pressing the square and it took a few tries for the boost to kick in.

I do agree though that you should not have to hold down the square button to get the boost - that's totally unnecessary and can be a pain.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 61 of 65 (245 Views)
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Stop making guns that can't aim and shoot 

Message 62 of 65 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 14, 2013
Don't not tell about Home's future on the PS4.

Oh wait...
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 63 of 65 (211 Views)
Last Guardian
8434 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013
More swag and less activities
Message 64 of 65 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Nov 14, 2013
I don't have any suggestions or anti-suggestions because I don't care that much anymore. That said, this is quite the entertaining and worthwhile thread. Many, many fine anti-suggestions.
castle3
Message 65 of 65 (93 Views)