Mar 11 2013
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 2875 posts

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HCVs --> MVPs!

598 replies 2041 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

Hey Home Community,

I know you've been wondering what we've been doing with the Home Community Volunteer program, so let me share the news!

PlayStation has had a very strong initiative to increase "community" involvement across the board, partially due to Locust_Star's and my very positive impact on Home over the years. The MVP program was another, similar program that has existed on the forums exclusively for years as well, and now that we're all focusing on Community in a bigger, more powerful way, it made sense to combine these two amazing programs. 

PS_CommunityForum_AppLogo1.pngSo starting today, the two are being rolled into one—PlayStation MVPs. Let me quell any concern about the HCV program being slighted in this way, because the MVP title was chosen between the two because it is simply a broader term. The Home-specializing folks will continue as such, with no change in expectations or activities, they'll just change title. In Home, they'll still rock the "GUIDE" icons and hoodies, because they still are. But in the essence of building something greater than either of the two separate programs, we're combining their forces so we can do bigger and better things.

Look for new members to join the ranks very shortly too. It's going to get really exciting.

For more information on the MVP program:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-and-Help/Who-Are-the-PlayStation-MVPs/m-p/3...

Message 1 of 599 (2,041 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HCVs --> MVPs!

Mar 11, 2013
First hail MVPs.
Message 2 of 599 (1,962 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Mar 11, 2013

And so goes the phasing out of Home...?

That's the message you're sending, at least.

castle3
Message 3 of 599 (1,953 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Mar 11, 2013
msliza looks like some folks wising up lol gratz. yo Glass what happens to normal mvps if they wanna help home all they gotta do is ask or have they gotta apply again
Message 4 of 599 (1,936 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Mar 11, 2013

"Due to our new color scheme being bluer than Micheal Johnson, were making the blue names into red names, which took us a good two years to come to that decision" Smiley Tongue

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 599 (1,936 Views)
VP of Gaming
29465 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Congratulations to the bigger and better Team!

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 599 (1,932 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 11, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

This MVP program has been in the works for a very long time. Home Guides are still doing their thing same as before. No phasing plans. no.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 599 (1,897 Views)
Fender Bender
2691 posts

Mar 11, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

"Due to our new color scheme being bluer than Micheal Johnson, were making the blue names into red names, which took us a good two years to come to that decision" Smiley Tongue

The irony here is, I liked the blue names, lol.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 8 of 599 (1,896 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Mar 11, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Hey Home Community,

I know you've been wondering what we've been doing with the Home Community Volunteer program, so let me share the news!

PlayStation has had a very strong initiative to increase "community" involvement across the board, partially due to Locust_Star's and my very positive impact on Home over the years. The MVP program was another, similar program that has existed on the forums exclusively for years as well, and now that we're all focusing on Community in a bigger, more powerful way, it made sense to combine these two amazing programs. 

PS_CommunityForum_AppLogo1.pngSo starting today, the two are being rolled into one—PlayStation MVPs. Let me quell any concern about the HCV program being slighted in this way, because the MVP title was chosen between the two because it is simply a broader term. The Home-specializing folks will continue as such, with no change in expectations or activities, they'll just change title. In Home, they'll still rock the "GUIDE" icons and hoodies, because they still are. But in the essence of building something greater than either of the two separate programs, we're combining their forces so we can do bigger and better things.

Look for new members to join the ranks very shortly too. It's going to get really exciting.

For more information on the MVP program:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-and-Help/Who-Are-the-PlayStation-MVPs/m-p/3...

Looking for new members to join the ranks? Woman Surprised Does that mean you're going to be looking for new HCVs?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 599 (1,893 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2375 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Home isn't  being phased out. We are simply being merged with the MVPs to work alongside them. The HCVs will continue to be on Home but with a new name, is all.

Message 10 of 599 (1,883 Views)