Feb 04 2013
By: buckallmighty Ghost of Sparta 10644 posts
Accepted Solution

A . ..

3 replies 267 views Edited Feb 4, 2013
For anyone who doesnt know, if you use the calculator looking onscreen keyboard on single tap mode and put this into you comment (give the last dot a space as well you will know its done right if the last space between dots clears itself), once you sign out and back in it makes you appear as if you are offline when you are actually online.

My question is, is doing this against any rules or service agreements? And if not is it known to cause any issues that could damage the users system?

Im not wanting to do this myself i usually just delete people and hope they dont hold a grudge but i know a few people who would like to enjoy home for a week or two without their friends constantly requesting invites and without having to delete them. Is this option something i should or should not tell them about?
Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: A . ..

Feb 4, 2013
Users have been doing that little trick for years. It's been discussed on this forum of how to even do it or mention it. Moderators don't lock or delete the threads so they don't care since it's no biggie really. It's not against any ToS.

Some people would say "Why?" though lol

YB

Message 2 of 4 (260 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Agreed. And thanks. Im one of the "why" people myself but if someone ask if there is a way to stay invisible its hard not to tell them. Havnt told anyone yet because i didnt know if it was trouble or not.

I intended to put this in the general discussion, playstation network area.. sry....
Message 3 of 4 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
9470 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
For anyone who doesnt know, if you use the calculator looking onscreen keyboard on single tap mode and put this into you comment (give the last dot a space as well you will know its done right if the last space between dots clears itself), once you sign out and back in it makes you appear as if you are offline when you are actually online.

My question is, is doing this against any rules or service agreements? And if not is it known to cause any issues that could damage the users system?

Im not wanting to do this myself i usually just delete people and hope they dont hold a grudge but i know a few people who would like to enjoy home for a week or two without their friends constantly requesting invites and without having to delete them. Is this option something i should or should not tell them about?

"Appearing to be offline" does not violate the PSN terms of Service. There is no rule against hiding from your friends. I have been doing the "Appear to be Offline" thing for a few years. It has not damaged my PS3. The only problem is that if you try to add or delete friends while you are using the "Appear to be Offline" thing in HOME, you will get frozen. But getting frozen in HOME is not an uncommom thing to happen.

For people that don't know what we are talking about, there is a way to appear to be offline to everybody on your friends list, while you  are really online, By changing your friend list comment. You can play games online and go into Playstation Home, but people on your friends list willl see you as being offline while you are in HOME. Here is a link to a thread that explains how to appear offline while you are in HOME.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Do-you-want-to-appear-Offline-while-using-Ho...devils-photobooth.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)