Survivor
2644 posts

Re: A way to get HOME?

May 9, 2007

AgentAnderson wrote:

Godzilla2 wrote:
wait so you guys no when the open beta is coming out?
I have been trying to find that out for weeks.

lol

i have no life

PSN id name: RedKing5422

Open House starts in July

TOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TIMEEE

WoW is killing me
Message 51 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5677 posts

May 9, 2007
Q: Can I log on to Home in addition to someone else from one PS3? E.g.
at my friends and I want to log on...

A:  This is technically quite an advanced problem. It effectively means logging in
to two PSN accounts at the same time from one machine, which makes it
unlikely.
Message 52 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

May 9, 2007
wow you guys are all morons.. can u do this can u do that?  IT should be pretty simple if you have someone in the beta.. use their psn id and password on your ps3 install it and log in when hes not on...

Ive gone as far as to have my friend create a 2nd name on his ps3 to install home under a 2nd user name, like you can with folding@home, but he wasnt able to which sucks cause he doesnt want to give out his password for his main account. I asked him if he knew if sony would record ip address's logging into home but he said he was pretty sure they wouldnt be. Even if they were i came to the conclusion that not everyones ips will stay the same.. like if you had adsl.  If you are using someones login and password from what i know so far there should be nothing from stopping u from logging in a friends acccount to check it out.

Unless you are only allowed to install or download home once.

Message 53 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

May 9, 2007

gwill211 wrote:
wow you guys are all morons.. can u do this can u do that?  IT should be pretty simple if you have someone in the beta.. use their psn id and password on your ps3 install it and log in when hes not on...

Ive gone as far as to have my friend create a 2nd name on his ps3 to install home under a 2nd user name, like you can with folding@home, but he wasnt able to which sucks cause he doesnt want to give out his password for his main account. I asked him if he knew if sony would record ip address's logging into home but he said he was pretty sure they wouldnt be. Even if they were i came to the conclusion that not everyones ips will stay the same.. like if you had adsl.  If you are using someones login and password from what i know so far there should be nothing from stopping u from logging in a friends acccount to check it out.

Unless you are only allowed to install or download home once.

I disagree  1st off yes you can log your account on to any ps3 ...k   the criteria for beta includes having your ps3 registered ..
reason being ...so Home beta can not  be duped  Your log inn + wrong ps3 bar code = no server entry
      this is just my logic  ..I could be entirly wrong

Photobucket
Message 54 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1349 posts

May 9, 2007
Wait your turn, I have no sneaky ways of getting in. I'll just wait until Sony asks me to help I suggest you do the same

Message 55 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
972 posts

May 9, 2007

JM_PSP_COOL wrote:

LoneGunslinger wrote:

darkforce745 wrote:
Man, the open beta is so close, yet so far away.

i feel the same way

mostly ever1 does

For the next two months just let the beta testers feel they're somehow special because they were randomly selected. Hope those goof offs acutally make it better. I don't want the same lameass Home they got.
PSN: CaptainKillface, XBL: mechakucha
Message 56 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

May 9, 2007

Delmarion wrote:

I disagree  1st off yes you can log your account on to any ps3 ...k   the criteria for beta includes having your ps3 registered ..
reason being ...so Home beta can not  be duped  Your log inn + wrong ps3 bar code = no server entry

Well your entirely wrong.
Has nothing to do with PS3 bar code.

If you log in as your friend on your PS3 it will work. ALL THE BETA KEYS ON IS THE PSN ID..if you log in as your friend it will work, if you try to use on your ID it won't..
IT'S THAT SIMPLE, I wish people who have no clue would stop posting bad theories..
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 57 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2644 posts

May 9, 2007

red dog1 wrote:

Delmarion wrote:

Well your entirely wrong.
Has nothing to do with PS3 bar code.

If you log in as your friend on your PS3 it will work. ALL THE BETA KEYS ON IS THE PSN ID..if you log in as your friend it will work, if you try to use on your ID it won't..
IT'S THAT SIMPLE, I wish people who have no clue would stop posting bad theories..

well if it is really youre friend maybe he woulkd let you go in

WoW is killing me
Message 58 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

May 9, 2007

JM_PSP_COOL wrote:
What if I have a friend that got the invitation..and I invite him home and he loogs in to my PS3 with his acount...can he download the BETA?? and then me use it with my account??

no. some people were saying that as soon as they downloaded it, it disappeared from the Playstation Store
Message 59 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

May 9, 2007

Necromancer107 wrote:

JM_PSP_COOL wrote:
What if I have a friend that got the invitation..and I invite him home and he loogs in to my PS3 with his acount...can he download the BETA?? and then me use it with my account??

no. some people were saying that as soon as they downloaded it, it disappeared from the Playstation Store

Once Home is downloaded to a PS3 it automatically doesn't show it in the store. But if someone logged in under his ID on a different PS3 it would be there. As long as the PS3 didn't already have Home on it.

So YES your friend can make a user name on your PS3 log in & it would be back in the store for download. Or you could go to the download list & redownload it on new PS3
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 60 of 62 (1 View)
0 Likes