May 25 2013
By: steamheart Sackboy 404 posts

A question regarding the level cap at Acorn Meadows Park

15 replies 389 views Edited May 25, 2013

I apologize if this question has already been answered.  Has anyone hit the level cap at Acorn Meadows Park?  If so, what is it?  Additionally, is it possible to continue generating in-game revenue post level cap?  All input or advice is appreciated.  Thank you to all respondents in advance.

Message 1 of 16 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: A question regarding the level cap at Acorn Meadows Park

May 25, 2013

steamheart wrote:

I apologize if this question has already been answered.  Has anyone hit the level cap at Acorn Meadows Park?  If so, what is it?  Additionally, is it possible to continue generating in-game revenue post level cap?  All input or advice is appreciated.  Thank you to all respondents in advance.

I'm only level 21, so I can't tell you for sure, but during the leveling glitch that occured for people reaching level 16, that caused them to automatically level up randomly, one poster said he reached level 79 before the shut it off.

Here is the link to the thread that was posted in.

Based on that and the propensity of developers to use nice "round" numbers, I'd guess it goes up to at least 100.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 16 (375 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Not sure if they installed a level cap after they fixed the leveling bug. But before they disabled the leveling, I had reached level 137 because of this bug. So if they didn't put a cap on leveling, it is quite possible it goes on and on without limit. Unless Alan from VeeMee can clear this up.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 3 of 16 (371 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 25, 2013

TitusF wrote:

Not sure if they installed a level cap after they fixed the leveling bug. But before they disabled the leveling, I had reached level 137 because of this bug before they disabled it. So if they didn't put a cap on leveling, it is quite possible it goes on and on without limit. Unless Alan from VeeMee can clear this up.

Smiley Surprised 137... We have 137! Has anybody gotten higher than 137? 137 going once... going twice.... hehe

Message 4 of 16 (339 Views)
Uncharted Territory
895 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013
I'm at level 33 right now. Someone said during the leveling bug ck went up to 255. I have a feeling if there was a level cap, those errors went beyond it.

I agree with Julian-I bet it's 100 too. Maybe I should try for 50 to see if that's it, since I'm better than halfway there anyway. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 16 (305 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 25, 2013

I just hit level 31 on my Joanna account. Claire is at level 26 or 27 I don't remember for sure.

It definately gets harder once you hit 1500 xp per level. I still have fun and I've earned enough for 4 free bikes. I'm waiting for my altenate to get to 200 free acorns before buying my and her 4th. She has 160 acorns at the moment. 

Message 6 of 16 (302 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I just hit level 31 on my Joanna account. Claire is at level 26 or 27 I don't remember for sure.

It definately gets harder once you hit 1500 xp per level. I still have fun and I've earned enough for 4 free bikes. I'm waiting for my altenate to get to 200 free acorns before buying my and her 4th. She has 160 acorns at the moment. 

Wow, I haven't even earned enough to get 1 bike. Guess I bought too much ice cream. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 16 (295 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 25, 2013

I'd like to get all 5 bikes but it's going to be quite an effort once I spend the 200. 8 level ups at 1500 xp each (assuming it doesn't increase further) is a lot. I don't mind that much given I really go there to chat with friends.

Been quiet today so I've been working at it. Keeps me busy too with two av's. 

Message 8 of 16 (290 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Claire pushes avis off of bridges and such while riding her bike. I've seen it. She bullies me.

Message 9 of 16 (283 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

May 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

It definitely gets harder once you hit 1500 xp per level. I still have fun and I've earned enough for 4 free bikes. I'm waiting for my altenate to get to 200 free acorns before buying my and her 4th. She has 160 acorns at the moment. 

And that's the key.  Because if anyone is spending time in the Park doing the races just to gain XP so they can earn free acorns, it simply isn't worth the effort.  

In the early levels you can earn 10 acorns for every 100 XP (which usually only takes ~15 min), but that changes rapidly the higher the level you are at.  Once you reach around level 30 it takes 1,500 XP to earn just 25 acorns.  So for a few hours of grinding on races you get about 25 cents worth of acorns.  

If you value your time, and don't like to keep doing the races for hours at a time, you are much better off just buying the acorns and enjoy the park instead of making it a VERY low paying job for acorns.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 10 of 16 (280 Views)
0 Likes