Feb 18 2014
By: Grand_Viceroy Gaming Beast 1569 posts

A new winter personal space idea.

10 replies 847 views Edited Feb 18, 2014
Ok, I was thinking of an idea for a new winter-themed personal space. Now, before anyone says it, I will be posting it in the suggestions thread, and providing a link to this thread. I'll suggest this every month preferably with the hopes something like this becomes a (virtual) reality, by the time the holiday season rolls around again this year. But I'm creating this thread to get opinions from the Home community to see what all of you think, and to post your ideas on what you would like to be included in this potential space.

I'm sure many of you remember the Frozen Peak Palace open house from a couple of years ago, only for the space to ultimately end up being release for the Euro region (yet for some reason it disappeared from their estates store).

To start, I was thinking something of a palace, kind of like either an actual castle or like the Fortress of Solitude, or perhaps something reminiscent of the original or diamond beach mansion, sitting on a giant glacier.

There can be rewards for both the owner and guests (much like the mansions), interactive furniture, a day/night cycle, active items baked-in the space, and just for laughs. Maybe even a built-in jacuzzi in the back.

These are just some of the ideas I was thinking that can be included for this potential space, but all ideas are welcomed (no trolling please, since the mods will just delete those posts anyway). This is something I would like, if possible, for the whole Home forum community to show some love and support for.

It matters not what developers create this space. If this ever come into fruition.

Again, this is an idea I was thinking of. What are your thoughts?
Message 1 of 11 (847 Views)
I Only Post Everything
566 posts

Re: A new winter personal space idea.

Feb 18, 2014

I like the idea of a Winter Personal Space. What I like most about Hollyridge was the ability to use the sled and throw snowballs, so I would like something similar. As for archetecture, I would like a ski lodge but mostly due to the Mountain view.

Message 2 of 11 (833 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Feb 19, 2014

I like this, it'll be like a Winter space, only cooler.

What about an Ice Fishing spot?

Or perhaps a skating rink?

Or maybe even an option to turn snow effects on or off? 

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 3 of 11 (803 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Feb 19, 2014

Although not partial to winter in general, an ice palace  would be cool.   I remember the Frozen Peak Palace open house, and I was interested in getting it.  It's a shame that it never came out in NA.  I would like it even more if it included a semi outdoor natural hot spring bath.  Those are so relaxing.

Message 4 of 11 (790 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Feb 19, 2014

Something else that would be nice for this place, would be  a horse drawn sleigh with the option to turn on and off bells. We have deer drawn sled LMO's but no horse ones.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 5 of 11 (749 Views)
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

Feb 20, 2014
These are some pretty good ideas I'm seeing posted thus far. Thanks for your input and keep them coming. Anybody else? I'd like to hear more ideas and opinions. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11 (695 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Feb 23, 2014
Cool (no pun intended). That does sound like a nice concept. Maybe some ice crystal statues, either already in the space or part of the rewards for buying the space.
Message 7 of 11 (624 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Feb 23, 2014

I would buy an Ice Hotel.

ice-hotel-8-Copy.jpg

Ice-Hotel.jpg

ice-hotel-tables_1818864i.jpg

pb-111228-ice-hotel-02.photoblog900.jpg

str2_ccz_afpicealarm.JPG

Or a Life-Sized Gingerbread House:

biggest-gingerbread-house2.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 11 (616 Views)
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

Feb 23, 2014
Those are some nice looking pics. Thanks Julian.
Message 9 of 11 (609 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Feb 24, 2014
Not sure about the space resembling either existing mansion, but I think a palace would sound a lot better.
Message 10 of 11 (583 Views)