Sackboy
507 posts

Re: A little too ironic.... alcohol and tobacco

Feb 26, 2009

JackBlaguar wrote:

It should have never been brought up in the first place. the original post clearly questions why these things are in Home... THEN say's he's against the policies in regard to referencing them. If it's there, it's NOT been blocked out, and that's your goal... why bring it up?

Message Edited by JackBlaguar on 02-25-2009 04:38 PM

my first post was to point out the contradictions i see. and also to ask other people if they had any feedback on the matter. i did not state my stance on wether or not the wine/alcohol bottles and/or the pipe should be taken out. (also, for the record, i never questioned, in my first post, why these things are in home. i did ask 'why does the snowman have a pipe?', but only to make the point that pipes are used for smoking.)

after that, i did say that i was/am against the policies regarding the referencing of tobacco and alcohol, but still did not say that i wanted the removal of the items in question. 

my goal is not to have these things removed. i would like to have the policies changed regarding the discussion of alcohol and tobacco (wow, i feel like a broken record). but my goal has been to see what the community thinks about the contradctions that i see in home. and to question why Sony would have these items right in our faces, and at the same time ask us not to talk about them.... does that clear anything up?

honestly, i am suprised i haven't seen a comment from one of our home managers concerning this, by now. i'd like to see what they have to say.

Message Edited by dUb_420i on 02-25-2009 05:06 PM
Message 71 of 73 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Feb 26, 2009
c'mon, everyone knows a pipe is a classic snowman decoration. and the wine bottles, who really cares, its just decorations, they're not to be taken literary (I mean, not to be seen as their real world use)
Message 72 of 73 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
507 posts

Feb 26, 2009

socal000 wrote:
c'mon, everyone knows a pipe is a classic snowman decoration. and the wine bottles, who really cares, its just decorations, they're not to be taken literary (I mean, not to be seen as their real world use)

you might be right.

i know the term "you pick your own battles", and yes i did pick this one, however unfruitful it turns out to be.

but the contradictions, ESPECIALLY, to the wine bottles is so obvious to me. i mean, everytime i walk into the gamers lounge, i see dudes in tuxedos servin up drinks, so to speak. technically, this is against the rules. I AM NOT AGAINST THIS. but if there were no wine bottles behind them, do you think they'd still be doing it? i guess anything is possible, but i find the likeliness of it happening to be a lot less.

Message Edited by dUb_420i on 02-25-2009 05:18 PM
Message 73 of 73 (9 Views)
0 Likes