Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Re: A goodbye home party?

Jun 12, 2013
if and when they close home i hope they have plans on refunding or giving credit for peoples purchasesSmiley Happy~ (like that would ever happen lol)
Message 31 of 43 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Sony only needs money, by any means necessary. Home brings them money.
Photobucket
Message 32 of 43 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jun 12, 2013

WitchBIade wrote:
Sony only needs money, by any means necessary. Home brings them money.

Sony needs gamers that will buy games, and a Second Life won't do that. Yes it brings them money, but it could bring in even more.

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 33 of 43 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4724 posts

Jun 12, 2013
If only they promoted first party titles in Home more.
Message 34 of 43 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Jun 12, 2013
All Sony needs is paying costumers, what they buy doesn't really matter, as long as they buy something. There are people here who have spend more money on home items then games.

The money Sony made on me buying games is maybe 1% of what they made on what I spend on Home.
Photobucket
Message 35 of 43 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
183 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013
How many of you have ever paid for something, a new something comes out and you pay for the upgrade?? Did you say, I better get a refund on this old one or I ain't getting that new one? No, you just bought the new one and kept it moving. It's just how things work. It's like easy come, easy go... Would I be disappointed if Home doesn't make it to the PS4? Yeah, of course. But I wouldn't pitch a fit if it didn't either. I'd be like oh well that's that.... Bottom line is, we've all thrown money at things, forget about it once its old, then throw money at something new. I'm sure Sony won't simply abandon the project all together, as they probably understand that, everyone won't buy a PS4 on day one.

Just look at the longevity of everything they've every made as far as the gaming community goes. You can still, right now get a classic PS One game and play it if ya like. The same for PS2. The PS3 will go down as the most successful gaming platform in history!! Lets not forget, the we're all playing on the same machine that won the format war. Y'all need to give them a bit more credit for knowing what they're doing instead of speculating the worst from them at every turn.

And if you don't like it, I'm sure retailers will have plenty of used Xbox Ones in stock come January 1, 2014. ~Good Day~
Message 36 of 43 (112 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jun 12, 2013

WitchBIade wrote:
All Sony needs is paying costumers, what they buy doesn't really matter, as long as they buy something. There are people here who have spend more money on home items then games.

The money Sony made on me buying games is maybe 1% of what they made on what I spend on Home.

and you are a minority. games boost systems, not second lives, thats just a fact, you cant even compare the impact in sales that games have with that of home items.

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 37 of 43 (103 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but in both PS4 press conferences they talked about the "Cloud" that would be coming to PS4 in 2014, then to PS3 and Vita. The Cloud is supposed to run PS1, PS2 and PS3 Games.

Home is a PS3 game and if the Cloud will run any PS3 game it should run Home.

Message 38 of 43 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 12, 2013

julie_love wrote:

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but in both PS4 press conferences they talked about the "Cloud" that would be coming to PS4 in 2014, then to PS3 and Vita. The Cloud is supposed to run PS1, PS2 and PS3 Games.

Home is a PS3 game and if the Cloud will run any PS3 game it should run Home.

That's the thing, Home is not a PS3 game.  It's an application that has a client that runs on your PS3 and servers that Sony keeps running.  It's no doubt within Sony's ability to keep Home running on the PS3 as well as bring it over to the PS4, but it's whether or not they have the interest to.  I personally don't care as Home is just a fun series of side-games I sometimes play but don't really have much time and zero money invested into it.  I brought up starting a petition to keep Home alive in a previous post in this thread, but it was ignored.  It seems like some users would rather just complain than be pro-active and show Sony how important Home is to them.

Also as a game developer and just as someone who is aware of the ToS and such, there are multiple misunderstandings I see repeated by people.  In the User Agreement, it states that Sony can shut down the service at any time for any reason and that is the final word.  It has always said this.  In fact if you read the agreement with most any online game/service/etc, they reserve the right to shutdown their servers whenever they want for whatever reason and without refunds.  Which leads me to my next point.  First, many goods that can be bought in Home are 3rd party, and I'm not privy to information regarding what cut of the money Sony gets and I'm sure it varies.  Second, while you may maintain ownership of a digital item, it is not yours to do whatever you want with (if you read the EULA, it states how you cannot copy/manipulate/export/etc items from Home).

Home is a free-to-play game/service.  If you went on Facebook and bought 100 cows for Farmville and a year down the road Xanga decides to close Farmville for Farmville 2, do you think you should get your money back for those 100 cows you decided to pay for?  I could get into digital rights and what ownership truly means, but my advice, assuming you want Home to stick around, is to start a petition to Sony (now is a good time to do so as well) explaining why you want to see Home stay.  If you want you can keep a running total of how much each person has spent on items in Home on the side to create more of an impact (if you don't want to make use of the Playstation Forums, there are many numerous free websites designed to host user-created petitions).  Hopefully this post has helped someone out there.

Message 39 of 43 (90 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Home not going anywhere anytime time soon time to grow up formus and stop taking romurs too seriously until there a offical word about home claim down take it easy

Message 40 of 43 (71 Views)