Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

We are very quick rally together when certain forum rules such as blacklisting are broken, yet in many cases we seem to tolerate, even encourage "bullying."

This is something that has not been discussed.  Yes, there are differences in opinions, trolls and bullies, but what do we make of those that are none of these but the Puppeteers to the Puppet.  Those who gossip and make things more then what they really are just to cause strife purely for entertainment purposes.  Making statements about people being jealous of one another doesn't help either, its a cop out  "OH she's just jealous of me" or "Don't worry, she's just jealous of you"  Personally, I'm not jealous of NO ONE and NO ONE should be jealous of me since we are all equals and hopefully pass grade school.

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 201 of 222 (228 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6169 posts

May 22, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Don't worry about what others feel are think about you, not everyone is going to like you and people will always try to make it an us against them thing regardless of what you do.

Just have fun and do your best.

OK I've been biting my tongue long enough, but seeing you say things like this makes me sick to my stomach.

Maybe if you did start worrying what others think about you, you wouldn't post some of the vile personal things you have said, and maybe some of those posts wouldn't have been deleted... And based on past experience, some of what you claim is "having fun" or "joking around" I and I suspect many others claim is bullying.

When you finally admit to the completely inappropriate behavior you have expressed on occasions in this forum, and make some kind of amends, all I see is someone in total denial and who will continue to act out any way they chose with no regard to the person they target and wont accept responsibility for their actions.

The fact that they made you an MVP after your onslaught of personal attacks over the last few months ever since the nonsense over the lack of any Tomb Raider Home reward shows how flawed the vetting process clearly is.   Furthermore, the fact that you continued your personal attacks after becoming MVP and even had some of your posts deleted by mods, just shows how flawed the MVP program really is.

Yes, the vast majority of MVP members are fantastic people with a wonderful rich history of helping others and informing the community on the forum and in Home, but that doesn't excuse the obvious flaws with the MVP program itself.

If you have a personal problem with me,,, then you are always free to report.

If I am not your favorite MVP - Sorry to hear that.

Have a good day.

BannerFans.com
Message 202 of 222 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3743 posts

May 22, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

We are very quick rally together when certain forum rules such as blacklisting are broken, yet in many cases we seem to tolerate, even encourage "bullying."

This is something that has not been discussed.  Yes, there are differences in opinions, trolls and bullies, but what do we make of those that are none of these but the Puppeteers to the Puppet.  Those who gossip and make things more then what they really are just to cause strife purely for entertainment purposes.  Making statements about people being jealous of one another doesn't help either, its a cop out  "OH she's just jealous of me" or "Don't worry, she's just jealous of you"  Personally, I'm not jealous of NO ONE and NO ONE should be jealous of me since we are all equals and hopefully pass grade school.

You know, I often wonder if the crazier specimens of this forum look at below-the-belt tactics in North American poltiics and go "hey! I could do that in the Home forum!". Watch a few presidentail debates, nominee debates, then read over some of the more controversial (or at least we're told to think they're controversial topics. You'll be able to draw a lot of comparisons.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 203 of 222 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 22, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

You know, I often wonder if the crazier specimens of this forum look at below-the-belt tactics in North American poltiics and go "hey! I could do that in the Home forum!". Watch a few presidentail debates, nominee debates, then read over some of the more controversial (or at least we're told to think they're controversial topics. You'll be able to draw a lot of comparisons.

It's more a question of who's leading who at this point, Ed. Are the trolls influencing political debate or is it the other way around?

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 204 of 222 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6169 posts

May 22, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Odd that you mention that,

As I plan to go into politics after I graduate LoL...

Anyway we Yanks call it Mudslinging, its always been around, but made financially and politically successful by republican campaign manager Karl Rove in getting Bush Jr elected Twice!

BannerFans.com
Message 205 of 222 (198 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3743 posts

May 22, 2013
lol HeartIt, what's that saying.. "beware of false idols"?

Everyone should lead by their own example. I see a lot of us telling each other what to do then not following our advice. It reduces faith in one another to be honest and only increases defection.

It makes me wonder what is so different about these "trolls" and all the nice people? They're all the same if you ask me, except they have different things they want out of all this. And somewhere in the middle is the audience both of them want to grasp and bend to their will.

I'm sorry, I like to engage in my own hijinx and when I feel like it help others out too. I don't need to be told who's bad and who isn't bad, I'm educated enough to make that guess for myself. The "troll" / "victim" debate is simply a veil over an uglier flamewar for the top spot or the most attention, be it from trolls or the favorites.

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 206 of 222 (193 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

May 22, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
lol HeartIt, what's that saying.. "beware of false idols"?

Everyone should lead by their own example. I see a lot of us telling each other what to do then not following our advice. It reduces faith in one another to be honest and only increases defection.

It makes me wonder what is so different about these "trolls" and all the nice people? They're all the same if you ask me, except they have different things they want out of all this. And somewhere in the middle is the audience both of them want to grasp and bend to their will.

I'm sorry, I like to engage in my own hijinx and when I feel like it help others out too. I don't need to be told who's bad and who isn't bad, I'm educated enough to make that guess for myself. The "troll" / "victim" debate is simply a veil over an uglier flamewar for the top spot or the most attention, be it from trolls or the favorites.

I wish I could give you 10 kudos for this comment.  Very well said Ed :womanhappy:

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 207 of 222 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4546 posts

May 22, 2013

Trolling should be allowed everywhere then......

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 208 of 222 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4329 posts

May 22, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

EdwCarnby wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Odd that you mention that,

As I plan to go into politics after I graduate LoL... 

I can't say I'm surprised.  I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly with all the other 'honest' and 'well behaved' politicians.

I'm not sure how bullying, calling people names and saying things that aren't true is leading by example... But then again, clearly it is an example of something.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 209 of 222 (131 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3743 posts

May 22, 2013
All they said was they want to go into politics. :smileyindifferent:

@conrad_max

Message 210 of 222 (170 Views)
0 Likes