Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
34148 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 30, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

Looks like the server is already having around issues with capacity.


they should have done what the Granzella Edo game did. have a single player and group options. group option would cut down on the ammount of people in instances at once.

form a group and everyone goes into the same dungeon together and completes their own quests.


Message 21 of 98 (876 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/24/2009
Offline
2689 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 31, 2012
In the armor packs, theres extra stone expansions, one in each of the three classes, and they're marked as such (ie, "Mercian Stone Slot (Taloc)"). Anyone know if these stack?


A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 22 of 98 (844 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

sooo i ran into a huge glitch idk how to get out of.........

 

im on the quest shard of deimonos and i quit out this morning after the long load times and waiting until later i have the item in my inventory but it doesnt register when i try to turn it in and i went back to room after turtle and it can not be picked up again can this be fixed? if so how

 

 

EDIT: I left Mercia and re-entered and it registered the chest so im good

Message 23 of 98 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/15/2010
Offline
2651 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 31, 2012

The atmosphere, music, graphics and apparent scope of Mercia are quite impressive for Home.  I've reached Fame level 5 without any real glitches.  That seems impressive for opening night of a big release.

 

Unfortunately, the game seems like it plays in slow motion to me.  The way the avatar tip-toes along.  The time it takes to return to the Oracle site after completing the objectives.  The slowly opening doorways.  Loading new spaces repeatedly.  The whole experience seems quite tedious.  I can't imagine playing it for very long at a spell because it all just seems to take so long to do anything.

 

The repetitiveness of mashng the X button to kill bugs is not too exciting either.  I feel like my avatar would be adequately equipped with an arsenal of insect repellent, a fly swatter and an aerosol can of Raid.

castle3
Message 24 of 98 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 31, 2012

Interesting video walkthrough here! 

 

Message 25 of 98 (764 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 31, 2012

video is perfect to how i played its like beta testers did nothing and didnt report these or better yet did lockwood just not care to try to make money quickly small fixes make a difference

Message 26 of 98 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 31, 2012

KingBlade82 wrote:

video is perfect to how i played its like beta testers did nothing and didnt report these or better yet did lockwood just not care to try to make money quickly small fixes make a difference


All glitches were well documented, just not all of them were fixed.

 

As for the video:

 

- You can buy bows around level 8. So you can be a different class without having to spend real money. The bow is the preferred weapon in most situations because you can attack from afar and it's stronger.

 

- I don't get why so many people use lightning for offense when it's better suited for defense. In the defensive slot, it boosts mana and more mana lets you use more spells.

 

- Lack of explanations aren't necessarily a bad thing. Games these days have too much hand holding. You really should be able to figure out on your own that the switches on both paths open that middle door.

 

- You can leave the space to quickly return to the lobby area, instead of having to walk all the way back.

 

Message 27 of 98 (723 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 31, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

KingBlade82 wrote:

video is perfect to how i played its like beta testers did nothing and didnt report these or better yet did lockwood just not care to try to make money quickly small fixes make a difference


All glitches were well documented, just not all of them were fixed.

 

As for the video:

 

- You can buy bows around level 8. So you can be a different class without having to spend real money. The bow is the preferred weapon in most situations because you can attack from afar and it's stronger.

 

- I don't get why so many people use lightning for offense when it's better suited for defense. In the defensive slot, it boosts mana and more mana lets you use more spells.

 

- Lack of explanations aren't necessarily a bad thing. Games these days have too much hand holding. You really should be able to figure out on your own that the switches on both paths open that middle door.

 

- You can leave the space to quickly return to the lobby area, instead of having to walk all the way back.

 


yeah im using the bow now since melee is up in the air if u can hit the target Smiley Tongue i just see sooo much more potential is all after E3 i was dying to play it since im a huge rpg fan and yeah i found out the lobby thing and the pillars u have to touch to open the gate but it gets ridiculous having to do that every single time (pillars not lobby im fine with having to go to town)

Message 28 of 98 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/31/2012
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 31, 2012
Stuck on brute beware quest. Killed tons of stoneback lizard, but the game won't register. Tried to reload map, same thing.
Message 29 of 98 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/15/2010
Offline
2651 posts
 

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Aug 31, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

The atmosphere, music, graphics and apparent scope of Mercia are quite impressive for Home.  I've reached Fame level 5 without any real glitches.  That seems impressive for opening night of a big release.

 

Unfortunately, the game seems like it plays in slow motion to me.  The way the avatar tip-toes along.  The time it takes to return to the Oracle site after completing the objectives.  The slowly opening doorways.  Loading new spaces repeatedly.  The whole experience seems quite tedious.  I can't imagine playing it for very long at a spell because it all just seems to take so long to do anything.

 

The repetitiveness of mashng the X button to kill bugs is not too exciting either.  I feel like my avatar would be adequately equipped with an arsenal of insect repellent, a fly swatter and an aerosol can of Raid.


Little addendum to my previous post.

 

 

As the quests become longer, the monotony of loading spaces is toned down a bit.  Those early quests were completed so quickly, I felt like I was constantly going back and forth between the Sanctuary and Temple.

 

I do appreciate the model of in-game currency instead of having to buy everything.  I give Lockwood a lot of credit for that choice.  I've given up the sword for the moment in favour of a bow.  It seems more accurate and less random with attacks.  I'll likely upgrade my shield and sword at some point to try them out again.

 

The game still seems a bit repetitive when running through the same hallways and chambers over and over.  Still, the game is quite impressive for a free-to-play Home adventure.

castle3
Message 30 of 98 (682 Views)
0 Likes