First Son
7 posts

Re: A Guide to 'Mercia: Fractured Realms' (*Spoilers*)

Sep 1, 2012

I am also stuck on "brute beware" quest. Where is it located and how can you tell the difference between a brute stoneback lizard?

Message 61 of 98 (1,210 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3189 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Decoy-Pnoy wrote:

I am also stuck on "brute beware" quest. Where is it located and how can you tell the difference between a brute stoneback lizard?

The Brutes are taller than others.

If this is the one in the Old temple, there is a Brute Stoneback in the 3rd room after the first room with a Lizard in it. Its goes room with turtle > room with bugs > room with two lizards separated by floor > room with 3 lizards in it > room with two lizards in it > room with two lizards and a Brute. 

Message 62 of 98 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33413 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

Decoy-Pnoy wrote:

its located in the 3rd room of the area in The Old Temple where the lizards are. and you cant miss it, its easily double the size of a regular lizard.

ck beat me to it. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 63 of 98 (1,203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

Decoy-Pnoy wrote:

If this is the one in the Old temple, there is a Brute Stoneback in the 3rd room after the first room with a Lizard in it. Its goes room with turtle > room with bugs > room with two lizards separated by floor > room with 3 lizards in it > room with two lizards in it > room with two lizards and a Brute. 

I have been on this quest for quite a while because all I see is a turtle and bugs, but no lizards or no turtle with bugs and lizards, but when I killed all the lizards in those rooms, they don't register at all and the brute stoneback lizard never appeared. So I'm unsure what's going on with this game. I know there are bugs and glitches and most people that i have spotted on this quest are stuck as well. I hope they can the brute stoneback lizards and the rest of thel lizards spawn in a little quicker. Also, I keep hearing a "chiming noise." is that part of the game?

Message 64 of 98 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33413 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Decoy-Pnoy wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

Decoy-Pnoy wrote:

I have been on this quest for quite a while because all I see is a turtle and bugs, but no lizards or no turtle with bugs and lizards, but when I killed all the lizards in those rooms, they don't register at all and the brute stoneback lizard never appeared. So I'm unsure what's going on with this game. I know there are bugs and glitches and most people that i have spotted on this quest are stuck as well. I hope they can the brute stoneback lizards and the rest of thel lizards spawn in a little quicker. Also, I keep hearing a "chiming noise." is that part of the game?

yeah, sounds like the game is just being glitchy. try again later and see if it shows up then. a while ago i had the same problem with the Brute not showing up, i just waited a few hours and tried again.

not sure about the chiming noise though.

Message 65 of 98 (1,178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Sep 2, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

A friend of mine is having problems.

He reached the first Lockway quest and has it activated but the waterfall blocking the door there hasn't disappeared. It's blocking the Old Temple door too. He's stuck with no way to advance. Respeaking to all the npcs didn't help either.

Are you sure it's not an Old Temple quest? 

I'm sure. The name of the quest is Lizard Hunter.

Same problem for me

castle3
Message 66 of 98 (1,172 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I'm stuck on the armoured tyrant quest no turtle is appearing

Message 67 of 98 (1,154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012
Did anyone figure out a way to complete queen's court quest second time?
Message 68 of 98 (1,124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

Attention Lockwood:  Fix the monster spawning.  I've been stuck on the Brute Beware quest for an hour because the stupid Brute Stoneback Lizards wont respawn.  NOTHING spawns in The Old Temple for me except for the Beetles and the giant turtle boss.

Same problem in the Lockaway.  The lizards at the start actually do spawn, but the beetles wont.  It's like the game knows which enemies I need at which times and intentionally removes them so I can't complete the quest I may be on at the time.

EDIT:  And fix the **bleep** switches in the Old Temple.  The ones in the Lockaway are always down so the doors stay open, doors i don't even need to go through yet, but the center door that I do need to go through to get to the Lizards is always closed when I enter the Old Temple and I have to waste 20 minutes fighting down the side branches to knock down the stupid switches to get to the center area where I need to be.

Either have the switches up or have them down, pick one and stick with it.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 69 of 98 (1,092 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Sep 2, 2012

LOL. I know how frustrating all that can be. I was in the Beta BEFORE it went public and there were a lot more bugs then than there is now. They fixed some of them...but apparently a few got thru. Likewise, i noticed the "Queen Beetle" quest is messed up too. Either the portal to the Queen is inactive and wont let me in the room to fight her, or she just wont spawn. 

However, at LKWD Q&A they said a "bug fix" was coming real soon. So...maybe by this wednesday it'll all be ironed out. Lets hope. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 70 of 98 (1,079 Views)
0 Likes