Nov 13 2012
By: MEEMSTERS Splicer 71 posts

A Couples things, the furniture SWING, dance floor, etc, feature for 25 and over...

8 replies 662 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

Okay, got some issues. 

You go to furniture and buy that swing to sit on...you'd think it would SWING..but nope...that urks me. money you know.

you buy a jetski, or boats,  thinking it will work on water, being that it says; certains speeds etc in the description...but nope.......more money wasted.

how bout a bed for adults, so at least we can kiss or something. instead of laying flat on our back looking stupid.

and my biggest gripe, that SHOULD DEFINITELY be easy to do. Is have an over 25 feature when signing in. so that everyone is over 25, and an under 25....  i mean,  no offence, but i'm sooo tired of meeting 15 year olds.  lets get this fixed SONY.

also, does anyone know where i can find a colored tiled dance floor , i've looked everwhere in furniture cant find it.

thanks!

Meems

Meems
Message 1 of 9 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5160 posts

Re: A Couples things, the furniture SWING, dance floor, etc, feature for 25 and over...

Nov 13, 2012

Home is evolving as we speak since we started..

There are many things we could not do that we can do now.

for these items in question, do check them out before you buy. 

nDreams do have some nice dance floors you might wanna take a look at, let me know, be happy to show as well if you ever need.

Message 2 of 9 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Re: A Couples things, the furniture SWING, dance floor, etc, feature for 25 and over...

Nov 13, 2012

Thanks, i DID check them out.  the description for the swing should say. NOT ACTIVE OR ANIMATED, or something.

Are you doing anything about a feature for signing in over 25 and signing in under? that has to be prettysimple to do.

and Thanks for the dance floor suggestion, although i looked everywhere including ndreams. will try again.

spent alot of money, and i dont mind, but ALOT OF THINGS need a better description,  active swing' for example.

thanks again

Meems 

Meems
Message 3 of 9 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 13, 2012
To note, the Granzella jetskis DO work - you use them in the Southern Island public space by Granzella.
Support Forums
Message 4 of 9 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I don't think we need beds to kiss on. The age to get onto Home is 13 (technically) and kids like that don't need the option to be sitting making out in a bed.

Also, the above 25 thing? I'm sorry, but that just makes no sense to me. I'm 23 and I've met plenty of people older than me on Home who act more childish than some of the actual kids on Home.

Honestly, the furniture issues aside, it sounds like you're asking for a romantic/sexual environment in Home and I think you're better off looking for another service to satisfy your needs, not asking Home to change.
Message 5 of 9 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Nov 14, 2012

AceofSpades213 wrote:
I don't think we need beds to kiss on. The age to get onto Home is 13 (technically) and kids like that don't need the option to be sitting making out in a bed.

Also, the above 25 thing? I'm sorry, but that just makes no sense to me. I'm 23 and I've met plenty of people older than me on Home who act more childish than some of the actual kids on Home.

Honestly, the furniture issues aside, it sounds like you're asking for a romantic/sexual environment in Home and I think you're better off looking for another service to satisfy your needs, not asking Home to change.

Right, because 13 year old should spend less time virtually kissing and more time virtually participating in gang warfare and killing each other... Seriously, it's sort of pathetic how a civilized society is more disturbed by even the mildest form of sexuality over extreme violent behavior.  After all, one can lead to creating life, and one almost surely leads to ending it.  Ironic.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/PS-Home-A-window-to-the-soul-of-society/m-p/...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 6 of 9 (550 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Familiarize yourself with items and how they work. Dont jump into conclusions as to how an item might work based on its name which it clearly is. Lots of limitations in home. And options are just starting to open up. Cause its labeled as a swing which it is doesnt mean it has an animation. Nor are there any such animations involved. Lucky we now have the option to see how many slots an item takes up. If u see a one slot item dont expect anything from it besides what its function should be. Common sense pays off here.
As for dance tiles. Yup, ndreams has good bundles. Loot ghostbusters has em but a couple. The minibots space store has a variety. And theres an active item dance floor disco in sony originals.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 7 of 9 (536 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

chicagotops wrote:
Familiarize yourself with items and how they work. Dont jump into conclusions as to how an item might work based on its name which it clearly is. Lots of limitations in home. And options are just starting to open up. Cause its labeled as a swing which it is doesnt mean it has an animation. Nor are there any such animations involved. Lucky we now have the option to see how many slots an item takes up. If u see a one slot item dont expect anything from it besides what its function should be. Common sense pays off here.
As for dance tiles. Yup, ndreams has good bundles. Loot ghostbusters has em but a couple. The minibots space store has a variety. And theres an active item dance floor disco in sony originals.

Except in many cases, most I would argue, familiarizing yourself with an item and how it works is not an available option, not without hoping to find someone who has it and is available to show option.  That's like going to a car dealer and instead of seeing the car in person they hand you a pamphlet with a single picture and a paragraph with only a basic description, and expect you to either buy the car or go try and find someone who already owns it to show you.  Seriously, its a flawed system that Sony and the other developers should fix.

The fact is even without a proper preview of an item, it would be extremely reasonable and easy for them to add in the description if an item is animated or not, and to describe the animation.  I suspect they chose not to in hopes that whatever sales they lose from those who don't want to take a chance, they will make up for it for those that do.  Personally I find that sales technique to be appalling and one that in time fails due to disappointing customers.

Its been said and requested for on countless times (but no Home rep has ever acknowledged it)  that the store descriptions and previews need to do a far better job conveying to the customer what exactly they are purchasing before anyone purchases them.

For furnishings, they absolutely need to have a preview that conveys the actual size of the item, like showing a default avatar next to it.

For active items and outfits with special animations and or R1 actions, they should have an option to watch a short video clip of the active options or very specific descriptions of it.

Now some developers, like Lockwood, make it easier to familiarize us with their products by creating spaces in Home to see and sometimes use these items before we purchase them.   And sometimes they will release videos on the blog and on places like YouTube showing some of their latest items in use, but these are the exceptions not the rule.

The point is that they could help solve this long standing problem with Home by just being more specific in the item descriptions.  The question we all should be asking is why won't they even do that in most cases?

To me, Home simply needs new leadership and management.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 9 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Yup ur right.
All of this has been an issue for a long time. Its been ranted and discussed by many and to no avail, not one word about being more specific when labeling and or previewing items. the only real choice is to become familiar with things before buying. Thats if not being impulsive. Most buy things on impulse which sometimes lead to dissapointment. Eitherway. With how things are specified through the store now common sense pretty much comes into play.
There are items in codeglue store i believe which are active items and take 22 slots. These items are neither active nor do they require that amount of slots. Before it wasnt specified but buyers remorse and the spread of word helped inform others as such items do exist. Active anchor wall item from monkey island. Another mislabeled item. Not a ornament. not active.
And if youve seen the oversized jack in store. Well its big but not oversized. But then again oversized is an appropriate description for its real life appropriate size. Somewhat...
Which is when these items descriptions such as oversized are questionable. And come into play.
Swing is the item at hand. Not an animation.

Being around many folk who collect items as well as those in the know helps alot when choosing things. Previewing first hand and seeing them beforehand in real time solve many any frustrations or buyers remorse. Those who buy alot of stuff also do their part in showing others what they have. So see if you spot anything you might like before buying.
So it is an option to become familiar before one buys. If not the only option. All it takes is being being in the known. And or buying and experiencing for ones self.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 9 of 9 (473 Views)
0 Likes