Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: 5th video : PS home Broken by Seether ,leave feedback please ,good or bad ,it all helps :)

May 22, 2013

Love the song and the video, I think you did a decent job in conveying the story of the song.

Last time the female avatars had slightly offset wardrobe choices, I am glad to see they remedied that as now they looked wickedly beautiful.

The male avatar looks like slash and I kept wanting to hear a Guns and Roses song.

Maybe create a male avatar that's not so easily identifiable?

I noticed a few settings from the other video, I think they were put in to cover the songs time length.

And the scene where the camera spun around the two avatars could have been slowed down,,, it was more like riding a carousel then showing a rotational bond of feelings between the two characters.

I look forward to your next video.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 17 (123 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Re: 5th video : PS home Broken by Seether ,leave feedback please ,good or bad ,it all helps :)

May 22, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:

Looking good! 

The only small thing that pulled attention away from the video itself was in 1 shot at the Loot Stage set, the side panel wasn't pulled all the way down, and I could see the warehouse-looking backstage part of the set. Your video-making style is really coming along though!

And wow, you must have sooo much patience and excellent eyesight to use the YouTube editor. I used it for my first video...it showed the previews as very small and fuzzy with a horrible framerate. I've tried the free Windows Live Movie Maker...which is great for slideshows but I found it kinda tempermental for video. I know some people use Adobe AfterEffects and whatever movie editor Apple has, but I haven't tried those. I've used Sony Vegas trials for a couple other videos and it was a huuuge improvement over YouTube's editor and Windows Live Movie Maker. Sadly, I'm out of computers on which to DL the free trial Smiley Tongue It does have a feature that you can use to speed up and slow down sections of video though; it's great for lip-synching, which I noticed you like to do. Check out the free 30-day trial if you can!

Anyhoo, I like it, keep up the good work and keep sharing it with us!  Smiley Happy

Wow ,good eye on the stage wall haha. I've had that happen before i'm not sure if they drift up when changing colors or if people who are there mess with it while i'm decorating but thanks for catching that , I can be sure to keep my eye out for that. 

I am kind of getting used to youtubes editor but at the sametime its the only one i've ever used , I will say i'm ready for some more effects and adding some layers ,slowing down or speeding up certain parts so I might give that trial a try , Thanks Smiley Happy

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 12 of 17 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

May 22, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Love the song and the video, I think you did a decent job in conveying the story of the song.

Last time the female avatars had slightly offset wardrobe choices, I am glad to see they remedied that as now they looked wickedly beautiful.

The male avatar looks like slash and I kept wanting to hear a Guns and Roses song.

Maybe create a male avatar that's not so easily identifiable?

I noticed a few settings from the other video, I think they were put in to cover the songs time length.

And the scene where the camera spun around the two avatars could have been slowed down,,, it was more like riding a carousel then showing a rotational bond of feelings between the two characters.

I look forward to your next video.

Yeah , I made sure everyone had matching clothes this time lol.

As far as the older clips you hit the nail on the head , I ran out of usable clips imo so I tossed a couple I had saved in that I thought would go with the video , it turned out to be longer than I expected , when I stopped filming I was thinking I had plenty haha.

I use the Hat alot mainly because I become partial to certain things and hats tend to be one of them , I wore a cowboy hat on home for over 4 years no joke which saved me from buying alot of clothes ,then I recently found this hat and its glued to my head now haha , I do know it can't work in all the videos but so far i'm having fun with it.

After watching the spinning once I read your post I actually caught another spot I went to fast , thanks for pointing these things out (you and steph both) , it does help me to try and make the next video better , now i'm stuck again on which song youtubes editor will allow me to do again haha.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 13 of 17 (103 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6260 posts

May 22, 2013

I enjoyed watching your video. With some of the negativity we witness on home. It's always a breath of fresh air to see quality material  being produced from you and other folks from the home community. It would be nice to see some of these videos up on the monitors we have all around home instead of being bombarded by the mind numbing advertisement we see on a daily basis.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 14 of 17 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1864 posts

May 22, 2013

WOW!  I love the style of the video!  You did a great job of creating the perfect atmosphere!  Great camera work, as always! Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 22, 2013

Outstanding Job! Smiley Happy

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 16 of 17 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
558 posts

May 22, 2013

Awesome!! I love that song! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes