Fender Bender
1571 posts

Re: 3rd Party Developers

May 21, 2013
@KingOfHearts2007 - Good point, but we are depending on the company to actually use the extra profit to hire more staff. In that case, the more the merrier. Smiley Happy
Posted Image
Message 31 of 36 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

May 21, 2013

I feel they do a great job,all of them really,like all developers,some things are better than others,its up to us to decide,The thing i've enjoyed over the yrs is the interaction of the devs with the buying public,it's gotten ALOT better over the last 4 plus yrs.I can't say which is a fav cause i really do love them all.I also think the ps4 will take ALL of this to a new level,not anything we've seen yet,im counting on that..it's such an exciting time to be on this network,and a playstation fan,Great post jers,..Can not wait for e3 so i can see what my new system will look like and the features it has,very exciting stuff,and to think..it's only just around the corner..WOW...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 32 of 36 (102 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 21, 2013

There was a time that estates were over-saturating the updates every week and some estates looked cookie cut of previous estates. How often do we get estate now?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 33 of 36 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5457 posts

May 21, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

There was a time that estates were over-saturating the updates every week and some estates looked cookie cut of previous estates. How often do we get estate now?

Not sure if this is a complaint or not lol, but for me persoanlly I'm glad we aren't being fed new apartments every week. We need more public spaces, or at least update the older ones!

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 34 of 36 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013
  • Do they need more competition? I would say, yes. As far as competitors go for the American server, Granzella and Lockwood are doing pretty good competition wise. Releasing spaces, and clothing. While Atom Republic and nDreams, are lmo competitors. I'd say VeeMee is making a comeback, though it's hard to say since their Acorn space (though it's nice and beautiful) is broken still. I do feel that more competition, might rev up some developers that haven't been producing as much lately. Like Mass Media, for an example.

Also, NA already has a huge amount of developers already on their hands. What I, and many others would like to see, is more game developers in Home.

Something that pertains to gaming, and strictly gaming. Sure, it's okay to buy something from a Granzella or another developer, because they do indeed make good quality content.

But, we need more gaming content in Home. There's a lot of great game companies out there, that could really hit it off in our server, if they just took enough interest in us.

• I would say, quality is there for some developers. While others are lacking, when up to bat. It may be because they're tired of people complaining so much, so they just throw things out with much care. I can say, that there's a drive and care in each developer. If they didn't care, I'd doubt they'd still be around.. (unless their contract, was the only thing keeping them here.) Though, it seems like originality is rare to find on Home anymore. 

Developers really need to get back to their roots, like Lockwood for an example. I know I might get some backlash from this, from their respected Drey line fanboys. However, Lockwood hasn't been too original with their content line, in quite some time. It's sad to say, that I used to really enjoy Lockwood. Back when IREM and Lockwood were two of the better developers around, while everyone else was just getting started. Now, it seems like Lockwood tries hard to copy other developers and the content is mostly reskinned items. Also, Lockwood isn't only guilty for reskinning..I believe Wrangler is widely known for reskinning as well.

Plus, it's never really widely discussed, but developers have been known reskin locomotions as well. nDreams being guilty of this, though I guess I pay more attention to these things.

• Granzella by far, is my favorite. I do believe they've hit it off well, in the America server. I remember when they first started out here, I felt like it was going to be the only content we'd see. Much like IREM did for us, back when they were still established in Home. Though, they proved me wrong. Months later, they're still here dishing out content weekly. Plus not only that, though I'm not a big fan of bundles. They really do offer some of the best hair, clothing, and accessories you can find on Home. I do say though, it's a shame that we don't get more developers like them. However, I'm glad Granzella is more a leader than follower.

As what I'm looking for in a developer, if it's not so obvious at this point. I'd like to see more content, that has originality but it's something that isn't costly and quality is a priority. I'd like to see more developer events as well, because they really do bring the real meaning to what makes Home fun, in the first place. I'd like to see developers offering more free things, for users who can't or don't spend cash on PlayStation Home. Because there was a time, free was everywhere on home.  Though now it seems, everything must come with a price tag, and it shouldn't be that way.

Message 35 of 36 (81 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 21, 2013

Nicely put, MB.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 36 of 36 (67 Views)