Fender Bender
4030 posts

Re: Your Home 2nd Quarter/Half Year Assessment Grade Is... (n=16, mean=81.19)

Jun 24, 2009

I was gonna use my template from the original thread, but it seemed like such a copy and paste job. Primarily because things I personally want still have yet  come to fruition.

-Region locks going away..I can understand  some stuff, like actual real life item giveaways...like the PSP event in Europe..but charging for stuff in NA but not in other regions is a big screw you for us, and it would be the same if it was vice verca.

-more video options, like actual HD..the current video quality is an eyesore. They dont properly represent the games available on the PS3. Tell me, which picture appeals more? An HD one? Or crappy flash video that we have in home?

-listen@home is still crap, same genre of "music" every week. 

-it doesnt seem like the HCM actually listen to us, or let us know anything. This has been the case since home came out.....hell they dont even acknowledge stuff half the time...we get almost all info from TtD!

on the subject of HCM, they seem to want us to do their job..Im sorry, word of mouth does in fact work, but the initial notification has to come from them. Even now, people are like whats this Xi thing people talk about?? ...Smiley Indifferent  USE HOME AND NOT THE FORUMS AS PRIMARY NEWS SOURCE FOR HOME!   Now, I will give them some slack as, London is 8 hours ahead of them, like..when they are asleep. 

-Game launching in home has finally come to fruition..huzzah! Besides lack of devs doing this (which they need to be told that its true people dont get on home to go play there games, but meeting others who DO own the game and you go play with them is great) 

While this was pretty negative, I gave home two F's in a row, but this time..its not an F..its a D.

<~ Artist rendition of the shoryuken Teddy did to me when i met  him on home the first time Smiley Sad  still hurts!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 50 of 169 (10 Views)
tjh
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Re: Your Home 2nd Quarter/Half Year Assessment Grade Is...

Jun 24, 2009
i would give a 90 normally but since 1.21 and not being able to get on and no fix yet and tried everything and i mean everything i mad a list/post and tried to call psn but nothing so 65 (thats and f in my school)
if you have an extra four slurpee points' the 4 point GOW tshirt, or the mountain dew code pm me i could really use it and havnt had any luck getting any.
Message 51 of 169 (10 Views)
tjh
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Jun 24, 2009
Mics.... ummm yeah.  Still not hearing people outside of clubs and personal spaces.

My view still hasn't changed.  To me, mics are necessary in public spaces.  

I know that people just airing music over the mic is annoying, and all the harrassment that comes with it... but home doesn't feel personal without it.  As a social app, the absence of the mic really cripples communication in a supposedly "social" app.  

We can argue this for days, but you cannot deny that a mic would be very helpful for a social app.  :smileywink:

i agree but due to complaining people the other way have you thought (and do sugest this to mods if you can) to maybe just expand the calling feture to have like up to a 10 way calling it would be easier then it could be like a chat room kind of deal and the starting person has to aprove people that got invited before they can get in and can kick people etc. i think it would work 

if you have an extra four slurpee points' the 4 point GOW tshirt, or the mountain dew code pm me i could really use it and havnt had any luck getting any.
Message 52 of 169 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Jun 24, 2009

whitwhit wrote:

BitRunner wrote:

Delriach wrote:

Igax wrote:

D-

As a "social network" Home Fails to deliver. Finding people with like interests is a near impossible feat. I work nights and have fewer users to choose from as a whole but even this is of no excuse. There is NO in Home feature that allows me to find like minded people. Until such a system is in place that allows the separation and searchable users Home fails as a social network. At its current installment its a series of 3D IRC chat rooms with no direction or sorting. Log in go to a room and sort through a bunch of "leet" speaking kiddies (I use the term kiddies as a maturity term, not age) to possible find one person that is worth the time to get to know and chat with.

Not worth my freetime or my money, fix it and I will try again.

Can't you just join a club for your particular interest or make your own? 

To his point I think at least some kind of Bio with taggable interests would be a nice addition.

im sorry to butt in here but bit your sig had me rofl nice one lol 

Glad I could entertain! Smiley Tongue

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 53 of 169 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5165 posts

Jun 24, 2009

benightedwitch wrote:

While there are a few spaces I'd really like to see (like Final Fantasy which is a biggie for me but I can wait until FFXIII and FFXIV come out), Home is definitely expanding nicely.

Message Edited by benightedwitch on 06-24-2009 12:03 AM

YES YES YES! FINAL FANTASY! Please! Bring the outfits for Lightning to life! I AM BEGGING YOU!

League of Legends ID: fx Choi Jin ri
Always Keep the Faith in TVXQ and JYJ.
Jersquall owes me $5. I've used PS Home Service since Beta.
Message 54 of 169 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1916 posts

Jun 24, 2009

w00t! I've been waiting for this one. Smiley Tongue Okay first off great thread Jiggy. For me right now Home is really good, not quite perfect , but really good. I'd say a B- which is an improvement since the last time (which I beleve I gave it a D) . The things that are *still* lacking is *any* sort of sound in RE5 space and the lounge space. I mean come *on*!! Can we please get something piped in from Listen@Home at least into the lounge space.... please?!?! At least gets some inoffenfive muzak up in there! (As a side note, the HCM's should get some special power that puts a bubble around them so they don't get mobbed everytime they visit the Lounge LOL Smiley Tongue ) Some environmental sounds would work great in RE5 (wind blowing, fires crackling, birds cawing, zombies moaning and a partridge in a pear tree Smiley Tongue ). Oh yeah, can the Siren space please please please open up a little more? I mean jeez I really don't wanna have to wait until 2AM - 3AM to get into that place.

On a slightly lesser note, can the bubble from Listen@Home enlarge a bit (maybe fade out slowly to be in the middle between the bottom of the stairs and the edge of the fountain) and not stop so abruptly?   I really don't wanna have to go completely onto the stage to hear the music clearly. 

Other than those two biggies, Home has definitely improved over the past few months. Though I am saddened to see Xi go, I'm sure there will be lots more fun stuff happening (like the hamster thing which was hilarious Smiley Tongue ). While there are a few spaces I'd really like to see (like Final Fantasy which is a biggie for me but I can wait until FFXIII and FFXIV come out), Home is definitely expanding nicely.

Oh yeah, one more thing: picture frames. I don't mind having to pay for them. I quite expected them to not be free. But $3?!?!? Smiley Surprised Wow! Sticker shock. I would have liked to have seen them for maybe around $1.50 *maybe* $2. Three bucks a pop is way too much. /end Steve Jobs stunt Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by benightedwitch on 06-24-2009 12:17 AM
Message 55 of 169 (10 Views)
Sackboy
436 posts

Jun 24, 2009

for the people who are giving it a 75% or lower.. what else do you expect home to do?

i give it a 93%... its on its way to being a sucess.. some events needed better planning.. a few more items.. bring back the heli game in bowling ally.. ect.. very small things compaired to the entire home project

Message 56 of 169 (10 Views)
Survivor
2681 posts

Jun 24, 2009

eaferrari24 wrote:

bring back the heli game in bowling ally.. ect.. very small things compaired to the entire home project

Yes! They should also bring back Checkers.

Message 57 of 169 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jun 24, 2009

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.  It has been a cool read so far, and varying assessments across the board.  Without all of your feedback, this thread wouldn't exist.  Kudos all around with the great rssponses!

Keep 'em coming!

The next statistical update is imminent, just working out the math and everything.  I just wanted to make a couple remarks first:

tjh wrote: 

i agree but due to complaining people the other way have you thought (and do sugest this to mods if you can) to maybe just expand the calling feture to have like up to a 10 way calling it would be easier then it could be like a chat room kind of deal and the starting person has to aprove people that got invited before they can get in and can kick people etc. i think it would work 

tjh, thanks for the response and follow up to my small rant about mic support outside of the personal and club spaces.

This is actually a great idea to remedy the current situation we are experiencing.  Really great idea actually, and this isn't the first time I've heard it.  I hope someone suggested it in the official thread.

zoahporre wrote:

-Game launching in home has finally come to fruition..huzzah! Besides lack of devs doing this (which they need to be told that its true people dont get on home to go play there games, but meeting others who DO own the game and you go play with them is great) 

While this was pretty negative, I gave home two F's in a row, but this time..its not an F..its a D.

<~ Artist rendition of the shoryuken Teddy did to me when i met  him on home the first time Smiley Sad  still hurts!

LOL... you just had to incur my wrath that time.  Master has taught me well!

Let that serve as a warning... for next time you may not be so fortunate!

I have to say that I agree with you and the game launching (don't make me regret saying that or you will be on the receiving end of a hadouken to go with that shoryuken).  It seems improved, and at this point we can only ask for more support.  Please embrace this feature 3rd parties.

Message 58 of 169 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Jun 24, 2009

Why is the Home grade falling? OMG

Message 59 of 169 (10 Views)
0 Likes