Jun 04 2013
By: mwf77 Lombax Warrior 155 posts

2 things that have bugged me for years on home..

12 replies 413 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

I know its probably just me but has anyone else tried to do the Polite and Demure sitting positions irl :/ I wish we had sit cross legged under presets on female avis

second thing is if you leave your avi stand she tends to lean forward after awhile like she's tired Smiley Sad the guy avis don't do that //_O\ 

now I know this is probably just random and its probably to late to do anything about it but meh been bugging me

Message 1 of 13 (413 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: 2 things that have bugged me for years on home..

Jun 4, 2013
I don't know. The polite sitting position always seemed suggestive to me. I don't get why the women can't sit with their legs crossed in Home.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 2 of 13 (408 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 4, 2013

While the subject is at hand, i also dislike the silly smirks and grins that our avatars display after selecting a default pose. They make my cartoon persona look less serious.

Message 3 of 13 (374 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jun 5, 2013

mwf77 wrote:

I know its probably just me but has anyone else tried to do the Polite and Demure sitting positions irl :/ I wish we had sit cross legged under presets on female avis

second thing is if you leave your avi stand she tends to lean forward after awhile like she's tired Smiley Sad the guy avis don't do that //_O\ 

now I know this is probably just random and its probably to late to do anything about it but meh been bugging me

I have always wondered why more females havent complained about this before..  That polite position is almost begging for a crotch face plant. I think both genders should be able to sit cross legged. 

Message 4 of 13 (322 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
624 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I have ALWAYS wondered why my avi hunches forward.  Everytime it happens i wonder why they did it like that? Doesn't really bug me though. Great point though!!

Message 5 of 13 (311 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I was going to say that it was probably due to skirts but theres way more revealing stuff out there.
Message 6 of 13 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6367 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I don't use either the polite or demure sitting positions on home. Never liked them. The crossed leg sitting position should of been a selectable option from day one. When it comes to your avatar leaning forward. I click the L3 analog stick to bring up the full text page. It keeps your avi looking straight ahead and standing straight for the most partWoman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 7 of 13 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 5, 2013

myalana wrote:

While the subject is at hand, i also dislike the silly smirks and grins that our avatars display after selecting a default pose. They make my cartoon persona look less serious.

I agree, I hate it when your avi smirks and grins... mine isn't too bad, just yours mya lol  j/k j/k

Message 8 of 13 (271 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Someone should make a sitting LMO pack, it would probably sell a lot. I believe they are based more on Japanese styles of sitting, I seem to recall Polite being used in animes when eating at a traditional low table with cushions on the floor. You want to see a painful way to sit, though, check out the default way you sit on the picnic blanket. It is like Polite, with your legs splayed awkwardly to the sides and behind. I don't get it in the slightest.

Message 9 of 13 (252 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I`ve also always assumed they were based on traditional japanese tea ceremony positions. Both genders sit as Polite to begin with and females switch to Demure when their legs get tired. Males switch to cross legged, I`m not sure why they get the extra crouch emote though >>   I`m just waiting for chair and sitting in air emotes so you can join others..

Message 10 of 13 (187 Views)
0 Likes