Fender Bender
3640 posts

Re: 1st Come = NO 1st Serve

Apr 10, 2007

BWCheese wrote:
half of PS3 owners will not be siging up for the beta...  There are 3 million PS3's (some of which are people with mulitples and some are in use somewhere where they don't care about these sorts of things, whether it be displays or whatever, but forget that for this).  Probably half of that even know what Home is, half of that know that there will be some sort of beta, half of that have a real intrest in getting the beta(both of my friends who own a PS3 don't really care about home that much even though they know about it), half of that know the website to go to if they want to sign up, and half(probably much much less) of that would even check the website exactly when the beta sign ups open.  So I would say maybe around 95,000 people will be trying to sign up the day it opens (throughout a 24 hour period).... If it really is first come first serve, it will really just depend on how early you get there.  If you go to the website 4 hours after sign ups start, then yes there is a good chance you wont get in.  But if you are there within 10 minutes after sign ups starts, then you will get in.   Oh and by the way, no matter how many are interested.... random pick would give you the lowest chance.  Random pick means that everyone would have an equal shot of getting the beta.  So if there were 100,000 people, every person would have a 1/100,000 chance, no matter what there intrest level.  But if you are one of those people that are so interested that you check the website every 10 seconds, then your chances would be much better in a first come first serve.  The only people random picks would give a better chance to, would be the ones who don't really care that much and may check on it every week or so.

Message Edited by BWCheese on 04-10-2007 06:22 AM

Wall of text - 3.9
USE PARAGRAPHS.

Do not peel an Orange with a knife.
I've always got my flamesuit on.
3000th post made on 07-25-2009 08:42 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 47.
Message 11 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Apr 10, 2007

Just2Fresh wrote:
Wow you people really dont know a thing about beta do you? Its not a first come first serve basis. Its whoever has the best application that the company likes and chooses. Most beta's actually have people who go through the application on the text fields to see if your worth giving a beta spot to or not. Super geeks can go ahead and sign up first but I dobut they will have the beta experience that I along with some others folks have that sony may be looking for. Its all about filling out a good application.

I personally hope you don't get into the Beta. You sound kinda **bleep**y in the fact that you have participated in beta's before. It doesn't take any special skills to do it you know. Lets check off if I have the req's shall we?

Be of legal age: Check!
Be able to keep a secret: Check!
Have a PS3, acess to internet and hold an underground/psn account: Check!
Be able to tell Sony any problems and/or what you think of Home: Check!

Well that sums it up. I am a prime candidate for it.

Message 12 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 10, 2007
they should do it by owners who registered the console first. i only say that because i would of have to be one of hte first to do that. i jsut hope i get in.
Message 13 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 10, 2007

ocdog45 wrote:
they should do it by owners who registered the console first. i only say that because i would of have to be one of hte first to do that. i jsut hope i get in.

Not a bad idea
I registered my PS3 the day I got it...
Yet, some people who registered early might not want to be in the Beta

Message 14 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1753 posts

Apr 10, 2007

Whitey6 wrote:

BWCheese wrote:
half of PS3 owners will not be siging up for the beta...  There are 3 million PS3's (some of which are people with mulitples and some are in use somewhere where they don't care about these sorts of things, whether it be displays or whatever, but forget that for this).  Probably half of that even know what Home is, half of that know that there will be some sort of beta, half of that have a real intrest in getting the beta(both of my friends who own a PS3 don't really care about home that much even though they know about it), half of that know the website to go to if they want to sign up, and half(probably much much less) of that would even check the website exactly when the beta sign ups open.  So I would say maybe around 95,000 people will be trying to sign up the day it opens (throughout a 24 hour period).... If it really is first come first serve, it will really just depend on how early you get there.  If you go to the website 4 hours after sign ups start, then yes there is a good chance you wont get in.  But if you are there within 10 minutes after sign ups starts, then you will get in.   Oh and by the way, no matter how many are interested.... random pick would give you the lowest chance.  Random pick means that everyone would have an equal shot of getting the beta.  So if there were 100,000 people, every person would have a 1/100,000 chance, no matter what there intrest level.  But if you are one of those people that are so interested that you check the website every 10 seconds, then your chances would be much better in a first come first serve.  The only people random picks would give a better chance to, would be the ones who don't really care that much and may check on it every week or so.

Wall of text - 3.9
USE PARAGRAPHS.

What's with all the grammar police on these forums....  Stop trying to up you post count with stupid meaningless replies, and stop double posting.  If you can't follow a few lines of text without losing your position, you either have ADD and need meds, or your retarded.  Don't read it if you don't want to.  But seriously people need to lay off of this kind of **bleep** on internet forums.  If they don't follow proper writing rules for a school paper, or job application, then go ahead and lay it on them.  This is an internet forum, just let it go.  And seriously stop trying to up your post count, no one cares how many meaningless posts you have. (uh oh I started the sentence with "and," I guess the grammar police are going to arrest me again)  Do you people have different levels of infractions?  Like are their grammar misdemeanors and grammar felonies?  Lay off it's a gaming forum.

P.S. the post was all on one subject matter, so technically, it is perfectly fine for it to be 1 paragraph...  And it also only had 12 sentences, which is about an average sentence count for a good paragraph.  Maybe you just need to increase your attention span a little bit, so you can follow along without getting distracted and losing your place.  Read a book.

Message Edited by BWCheese on 04-10-2007 04:16 PM
Message 15 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Apr 11, 2007

BWCheese wrote:

Whitey6 wrote:

BWCheese wrote:

Too many errors for me to bother counting.

Wall of text - 3.9
USE PARAGRAPHS.

What's with all the grammar police on these forums....  Stop trying to up you post count with stupid meaningless replies, and stop double posting.  If you can't follow a few lines of text without losing your position, you either have ADD and need meds, or your retarded.  Don't read it if you don't want to.  But seriously people need to lay off of this kind of **bleep** on internet forums.  If they don't follow proper writing rules for a school paper, or job application, then go ahead and lay it on them.  This is an internet forum, just let it go.  And seriously stop trying to up your post count, no one cares how many meaningless posts you have. (uh oh I started the sentence with "and," I guess the grammar police are going to arrest me again)  Do you people have different levels of infractions?  Like are their grammar misdemeanors and grammar felonies?  Lay off it's a gaming forum.

P.S. the post was all on one subject matter, so technically, it is perfectly fine for it to be 1 paragraph...  And it also only had 12 sentences, which is about an average sentence count for a good paragraph.  Maybe you just need to increase your attention span a little bit, so you can follow along without getting distracted and losing your place.  Read a book.

Message Edited by BWCheese on 04-10-2007 04:16 PM

I could care less about my post count. Now go back to school and go to English class beacuse I'm sick of reading grammar errors. I have highlighted yours in red. I don't care if this is a gaming forum, dO yOu WaNt To ReAd StUpId CrAp LiKe ThIs ThAt YoU cAnT rEaD? Posting messages like that is the same as posting without proper grammar, and yes, if I see you posting without grammar I will call you on it.

Message 16 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1338 posts

Apr 11, 2007

Whitey6 wrote:

Just2Fresh wrote:
Wow you people really dont know a thing about beta do you? Its not a first come first serve basis. Its whoever has the best application that the company likes and chooses. Most beta's actually have people who go through the application on the text fields to see if your worth giving a beta spot to or not. Super geeks can go ahead and sign up first but I dobut they will have the beta experience that I along with some others folks have that sony may be looking for. Its all about filling out a good application.

I personally hope you don't get into the Beta. You sound kinda **bleep**y in the fact that you have participated in beta's before. It doesn't take any special skills to do it you know. Lets check off if I have the req's shall we?

Be of legal age: Check!
Be able to keep a secret: Check!
Have a PS3, acess to internet and hold an underground/psn account: Check!
Be able to tell Sony any problems and/or what you think of Home: Check!

Well that sums it up. I am a prime candidate for it.

Everyone says they can do it but then as soon as they get it they either slip something out like an idiot or fail to keep up with their log or diary to send to the company with and bugs ect. I'll be in beta, thats for sure. If not oh well I'll just continue the other beta testing im doing. No big deal at all.

Now cheese since you think you know everything, its not going to a first come first serve thing. If that was so then they wouldnt have any requirements at all. Your going to have to fill out an application and they are going to look over it. The application may include a personality test ect. Bascially beta testing IS a job. So how about you talk about what you know instead of what you think. Take a look at the site, there are things they are going to need to verify and you have to "REGISTER" not sign up and your in. Seriously, sony isnt going to give out accounts to the first people who sign up, why? Because some people may just want to take spots away from others with multiple accounts even if they are not mains, and little kids under 18 will be in. Its obvious they are going to ask for your PS3's id and account info to verify this along with looking over your application before you find out if your in or not.

Beta here i come =)

Message Edited by Just2Fresh on 04-11-2007 08:51 AM
Original 60GB PS3 dead
Second 250GB Slim in action

Playing a lot of FIFA 10 and MW2 right now
GT5 Hurry up please
Message 17 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1753 posts

Apr 11, 2007

Whitey6 wrote:

I could care less about my post count. Now go back to school and go to English class beacuse I'm sick of reading grammar errors. I have highlighted yours in red. I don't care if this is a gaming forum, dO yOu WaNt To ReAd StUpId CrAp LiKe ThIs ThAt YoU cAnT rEaD? Posting messages like that is the same as posting without proper grammar, and yes, if I see you posting without grammar I will call you on it.

Actually if you wanted to use proper grammar, you should not have said "I could care less."  In reality what you were trying to say was that you couldn't care less.  If you "could care less," then that would mean that you do care.  Sorry just trying to hold the same high standards as you.  I guess your grammar skills are limited to what Microsoft Word will correct.  One other thing, go kill yourself!

Just2Fresh wrote:

Now cheese since you think you know everything, its not going to a first come first serve thing. If that was so then they wouldnt have any requirements at all. Your going to have to fill out an application and they are going to look over it. The application may include a personality test ect. Bascially beta testing IS a job. So how about you talk about what you know instead of what you think. Take a look at the site, there are things they are going to need to verify and you have to "REGISTER" not sign up and your in. Seriously, sony isnt going to give out accounts to the first people who sign up, why? Because some people may just want to take spots away from others with multiple accounts even if they are not mains, and little kids under 18 will be in. Its obvious they are going to ask for your PS3's id and account info to verify this along with looking over your application before you find out if your in or not.

lol... I guess you didn't read what I wrote... Maybe it was my grammar.  I believe I did use "their" instead of "there" one time.  Maybe that is what threw you off.  I said with betas, like for SOCOM, they sent the invite to only those who met the qualifications of having a PS2 network adapter registered, and whose account stated they were over 18.  From that, it was a first come first serve.  Maybe I stuttered.  Sorry but there will be no application where you have to fill out any sort of background or qualifications, besides age, PS3 serial numbers, and then if you are accepted, perhaps a mailing address if a disc must be mailed to you.  You will not be writing a paragraph on why you think you are a good candidate, nor will you be taking a personality test.  Maybe you beta tested for NASA or something, but beta testing games for Sony does not require that stuff.  If you don't believe me just wait and you will see that I am right.  If you are so confident I am wrong, then please give me one Playstation beta test example where those things were required.  I am not claiming to know everything.  I am not the one who said "Wow you people really dont know a thing about beta do you?"   I am simply speaking from experience in beta testing Playstation products.  If you know of any Playstation products that required what you are describing, I would like to hear about them.  I am not claiming that no beta test on this planet requires what you described.  I am simply stating that Sony is not one of them, so do not expect them for this beta test.

Message Edited by BWCheese on 04-11-2007 12:54 PM
Message 18 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 11, 2007
guys sony will have to so it this way
Ps3 owner
PsP owner
Ps2 owner
Ps1 owner

PS3 TAG-KILLERSPARTAN
curently working on :Metal Gear

Message 19 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Apr 11, 2007
I got into several betas for the ps2, never applied for one.

Message 20 of 22 (7 Views)
0 Likes