Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Re: 15K Closed beta NOT in April

Apr 16, 2007

red dog1 wrote:

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

DS Hater wrote:
I'm thinking that it means that it will start in April and go to August. Just like the August one says between August and October.

You could be right. I wish they specified, because altough it'll last between Apr. & Aug. doesn't necessarily mean registration will begin in April. From what I've been reading, the closed BETA trials have already begun for game devs and "special people".

So by this thinking the OPEN Beta that is scheduled for Aug-OCT could start in OCT??? When HOME is scheduled for release in OCT.

Most OPEN BETA's are always at least a month of testing before the release.

Just keep an eye out on the beta site for "legit" info..

I wasn't talking about the open beta, I was talking about the closed one. I think it's safe to assume that open beta registration is a bit different than that registering for a closed beta, so you really couldn't apply the same logic. Also, the info is "legit", I even posted the link -unless of course the Home thread screwed up, which I seriously doubt because they've cited all their information.

Message Edited by SiMpLy_ImPreSSd on 04-16-2007 01:42 PM
Message 11 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 16, 2007
he has a point but i think that it wil lbe in th 17 threw the 24 of april
Ps3 owner
PsP owner
Ps2 owner
Ps1 owner

PS3 TAG-KILLERSPARTAN
curently working on :Metal Gear

Message 12 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Apr 16, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

red dog1 wrote:

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

DS Hater wrote:
I'm thinking that it means that it will start in April and go to August. Just like the August one says between August and October.

You could be right. I wish they specified, because altough it'll last between Apr. & Aug. doesn't necessarily mean registration will begin in April. From what I've been reading, the closed BETA trials have already begun for game devs and "special people".

So by this thinking the OPEN Beta that is scheduled for Aug-OCT could start in OCT??? When HOME is scheduled for release in OCT.

Most OPEN BETA's are always at least a month of testing before the release.

Just keep an eye out on the beta site for "legit" info..

I wasn't talking about the open beta, I was talking about the closed one. I think it's safe to assume that open beta registration is a bit different than that registering for a closed beta, so you really couldn't apply the same logic. Also, the info is "legit", I even posted the link -unless of course the Home thread screwed up, which I seriously doubt because they've cited all their information.

Message Edited by SiMpLy_ImPreSSd on 04-16-2007 01:42 PM

I state "by this thinking" .....

The legit comment was meant your assuming the structure of the time-line. When it is posted on the homebetatrial.com it will be "legit"
Just because you post a link to something doesn't make your assumption fact..
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 13 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Apr 20, 2007
Also, does the fact that the home beta site makes no indication that registeration will take place April worry anybody? I am fully aware of other sites, forums, and the GDC, but what better proof than the official website to second guess the trial month?
Message 14 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Apr 20, 2007
wow we might have to wait longer than we expected .  August is a long way from now
Message 15 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2933 posts

Apr 21, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

"A closed beta phase for around 15,000 users will take place between April and August, with an open beta for 50,000 or so operating between August and October."

I was just re-reading the Home Thread and I came across the fact that the closed beta for 15K takes place between April AND August! This could mean that registration may not begin until summer, or even later! I don't mean to make assumptions here, because I, like all of you, eagerly anticipated Beta openings to begin sometime this month, but obvioulsy it's in plain writing. If someone can prove me wrong, I would SURELY appreciate it....if not, so God help us all.

This quote was taken from the Home Beta Trials thread a little bit more than half way down the page: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=363

Here's the source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=73998

No, that means that it will span between april and august. sign ups are in april. wow.
LittleBigPlanet
Message 16 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Apr 21, 2007
i dont get this doesnt it come out in october they said why would the beta go till the release date
Message 17 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 21, 2007

Jason-PS3 wrote:
i dont get this doesnt it come out in october they said why would the beta go till the release date

Sony would like to provide the beta tetsers with a long enough opportunity to find bugs and glitches before releasing the final version of Home. If we have 5 months to try it out, we can supply Sony with a lot of feedback and suggestions
Message 18 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Apr 21, 2007
All MMO things go through beta's. Most go on for months even WOW had a closed beta, now look where that went. (Could'nt get in on that beta though)
Message 19 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Apr 21, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

"A closed beta phase for around 15,000 users will take place between April and August, with an open beta for 50,000 or so operating between August and October."

Its says thats when the beta will take place. Not when its released. So its probably still in April.
Message 20 of 37 (11 Views)
0 Likes