Apr 16 2007
By: Dead_Air Uncharted Territory 2101 posts

15K Closed beta NOT in April

36 replies 38 views Edited Apr 16, 2007

"A closed beta phase for around 15,000 users will take place between April and August, with an open beta for 50,000 or so operating between August and October."

I was just re-reading the Home Thread and I came across the fact that the closed beta for 15K takes place between April AND August! This could mean that registration may not begin until summer, or even later! I don't mean to make assumptions here, because I, like all of you, eagerly anticipated Beta openings to begin sometime this month, but obvioulsy it's in plain writing. If someone can prove me wrong, I would SURELY appreciate it....if not, so God help us all.

This quote was taken from the Home Beta Trials thread a little bit more than half way down the page: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=363

Here's the source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=73998

Message 1 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Re: 15K Closed beta NOT in April

Apr 16, 2007
I'm thinking that it means that it will start in April and go to August. Just like the August one says between August and October.
Message 2 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Apr 16, 2007

DS Hater wrote:
I'm thinking that it means that it will start in April and go to August. Just like the August one says between August and October.

You could be right. I wish they specified, because altough it'll last between Apr. & Aug. doesn't necessarily mean registration will begin in April. From what I've been reading, the closed BETA trials have already begun for game devs and "special people".
Message 3 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Apr 16, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

DS Hater wrote:

You could be right. I wish they specified, because altough it'll last between Apr. & Aug. doesn't necessarily mean registration will begin in April. From what I've been reading, the closed BETA trials have already begun for game devs and "special people".

So by this thinking the OPEN Beta that is scheduled for Aug-OCT could start in OCT??? When HOME is scheduled for release in OCT.

Most OPEN BETA's are always at least a month of testing before the release.

Just keep an eye out on the beta site for "legit" info..
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 4 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
740 posts

Apr 16, 2007
Im saying it wil come out next week from 18 to 23 just because alot can happen

Message 5 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 16, 2007
No, the closed beta sign up is in April. That's talking about when the beta itself will take place

"A closed beta phase for around 15,000 users will take place between April and August, with an open beta for 50,000 or so operating between August and October."
Message 6 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
746 posts

Apr 16, 2007
I think we should wait until the month of April is over, cause its only been the first half of april so far, for all we know it could be released tomorrow, or august 31, who knows, im not gonna slit my wrists over home, itll come when it comes, and if i dont get a spot, ill wait til october, no big deal.
Message 7 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
592 posts

Apr 16, 2007
Thats wat im thinking , they said april and August !
thats mean not this month maybe next month or next next ... till august (15,000)
maybe im wroung Smiley Tongue

srry im bad english anyway

Home Beta Tester.

Message 8 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Apr 16, 2007
Hmm, thinking this through... whats the difference between a CLOSED beta and an OPEN beta..

It isn't the amount of users because both have limited numbers (closed 15k, open 50k).. so maybe its ..

CLOSED beta will be invite only, with SOny making the picks automatically, vs an OPEN beta where you sign up for it.. possibly?

There must be a distinction somewhere..

Message 9 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
592 posts

Apr 16, 2007
I hope that sony at least tell us latest news about home wats going on now..
and just tell us every week the news about homes and wats new add when exactly and about 15K users - 50K users blablabla
just at least say something new about home wats going on  ^_^
and ppl will stop asking many questions...!!

Home Beta Tester.

Message 10 of 37 (38 Views)
0 Likes