Nov 03 2012
By: mfoster09 First Son 23 posts

youtube for vita

10 replies 175 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

ok i appreciate the fact that we have the youtube app on the vita, but as far as i can tell, there isnt a way to add videos to youtube, directly from the vita. wouldnt this make sense since the vita does have a video camera?

Message 1 of 11 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: youtube for vita

Nov 3, 2012

mfoster09 wrote:

ok i appreciate the fact that we have the youtube app on the vita, but as far as i can tell, there isnt a way to add videos to youtube, directly from the vita. wouldnt this make sense since the vita does have a video camera?

I would guess for some but most don't see the Vita's camera at a good enough quality to be making youtube videos with. I don't have a problem with it for 1.2 megapixel it looks good enough for me and I use it for Video chatting, probably wouldn't use it to make videos with but that is just me.

I mean it's possible the Youtube app could see that type of update in the future maybe but I guess as far as now the only way to do that would be to just use the content manager and upload it to your PC, then put it on youtube from your PC.

As far as I know at least that would be the only way, I honestly have yet to use the Youtube app on my Vita at all.

Message 2 of 11 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Nov 3, 2012

thank you for the feed back sir. maybe someone who can affect change will see the thread and consider it. 

Message 3 of 11 (165 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 3, 2012

mfoster09 wrote:

thank you for the feed back sir. maybe someone who can affect change will see the thread and consider it. 

Heh not a problem.

I Honestly don't know how often the developers of the Youtube app or Playstation themselves actually check this forum but if you have the time you are probably better off emailing them directly and suggesting that to either Youtube themselves or Playstation if there is a possible way to do that.

Otherwise it is probably very unlikely they will ever read this thread or even visit these forums as much as I would like to think they would, most people just don't do anything of the sort.

The Vita is still short in it's lifespan though so a lot can still change. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7434 posts

Nov 3, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

mfoster09 wrote:

Heh not a problem.

I Honestly don't know how often the developers of the Youtube app or Playstation themselves actually check this forum but if you have the time you are probably better off emailing them directly and suggesting that to either Youtube themselves or Playstation if there is a possible way to do that.

Otherwise it is probably very unlikely they will ever read this thread or even visit these forums as much as I would like to think they would, most people just don't do anything of the sort.

The Vita is still short in it's lifespan though so a lot can still change. Smiley Happy

Correct Google don't read this forum. None of the youtube apps allow upload that ive seen. Only PCs normaly have that option as the central Hub they have browsers that allow upload... The PS3 is rare in that it allows upload but not from the Youtube companion app. Its from other applications that Emulate the web site uploader. but they also give the option to upload else were.

IE face book as japan prefers facce book over Youtube... 

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode.
Message 5 of 11 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

Nov 3, 2012

There should be a big change with youtube's connectivity with FB and Twitter.  When you click on a youtube link in twitter, it takes you to the browser, which goes to the youtube site...which of course won't work. 

If upon clicking a youtube link, users could be taken to the youtube app...then that would make the Vita just that much more functional.

Message 6 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Nov 3, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

mfoster09 wrote:

I would guess for some but most don't see the Vita's camera at a good enough quality to be making youtube videos with. I don't have a problem with it for 1.2 megapixel it looks good enough for me and I use it for Video chatting, probably wouldn't use it to make videos with but that is just me.

I mean it's possible the Youtube app could see that type of update in the future maybe but I guess as far as now the only way to do that would be to just use the content manager and upload it to your PC, then put it on youtube from your PC.

As far as I know at least that would be the only way, I honestly have yet to use the Youtube app on my Vita at all.

It's a 0.3MP camera..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 11 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
806 posts

Nov 4, 2012
I dont care about the mp forthe cam. The video looks great on vita and on ps3. We should be able to upload video using youtube app
Message 8 of 11 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7434 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

TheGlue29 wrote:

There should be a big change with youtube's connectivity with FB and Twitter.  When you click on a youtube link in twitter, it takes you to the browser, which goes to the youtube site...which of course won't work. 

If upon clicking a youtube link, users could be taken to the youtube app...then that would make the Vita just that much more functional.

You tube needs to Add an API Java script string that can be set up to divert to which ever app the OS wants, URL use is to generic for devices....

Be it PC Media player  

Photobucket

Console or Web enabled TV Browser app Photobucket

or Downloader app. Photobucket

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode.
Message 9 of 11 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Nov 5, 2012

thanks for all the feedback everybody. nice to see there is one forum on the net that isnt full of trolls and teens. i am on twitter so ill look into goin that route and im fixin to check the above posted links.

Message 10 of 11 (79 Views)
0 Likes