Aug 27 2012
By: mentalsoul First Son 1 posts

youtube app

17 replies 423 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

hey just wanted to thank playstation team for destroying youtube on my ps3 this new app is a epic fail HEY NEXT TIME MAKE THE BOGUS APP OUR CHOICE now that youtube is destroyed anything else yall wanna mess up let us know now so we or i anyway can stop putting money into my ps3. any1 else agree new youtube app sucks wont play a video without freezing up my ps3

Message 1 of 18 (423 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Re: youtube app

Aug 28, 2012
Nope, I love the new application. Its working great for me. Have you tried contacting YouTube? They created the application. Maybe they can shed some light on your issue.
Message 2 of 18 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Aug 28, 2012
this app likes to freeze on me too hopfuly we we get a update to fix these issues soon!
Message 3 of 18 (408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Yes! EXACTLY!!!!!!!! On this new "app" there are no comments, no ratings, no related videos, you can't even view anyone's channel!!!! Not to mention that now all links in the browser (My usual way of finding videos) are now usless since they seem like it's nessecary to FORCE us to use their new, infernal "improvement". Youtube may as well not even exist to me anymore... :smileysad:

Message 4 of 18 (399 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Aug 28, 2012

...They could at least give us a /choice/ as to whether we want to use it or not.. I'm kind of offended that Sony thinks they know what I'll enjoy more than I do. Or at least I'm assuming they even think anyone would perfer using the app, it's not like they're making any money off of it.

Message 5 of 18 (397 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Aug 28, 2012
Are you guys all talking about Youtube XL? It's not PS3's or Sony's fault. It's what Youtube does XL stands for Extra Large. If you don't like it you can always bookmark the URL www.youtube.com instead of www.youtube.com/XL

Hope this helps clear things up.
S_C_O_P_IE_D
Message 6 of 18 (396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 28, 2012

No, they made it so that any links to youtube (Besides the main one...) automatically redirect you to a picture of a beach or somthing with a big button labeled somthing close to "GO DOWNLOAD THE YOUTUBE PS3 APP NOW!!! STREAMLINED SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR TV!" in the center that links you to the PS store.

Message 7 of 18 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Yah it freezes at times, but who really uses their ps3 to watch youtube? Before the app was on ps3 I used my computer, ps vita, and phone. The app on the ps3 is just a bonus that unfortunately isn't very polished. Oh well, back to usin my phone for youtube...as we all should.

Message 8 of 18 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 29, 2012

I'm using the YouRubw app on my PS3. I don't mind the interface, and I do like to watch it on the sofa.

But, I'm having this problem, I started about a week ago - the app ran fine for the first weend. ran fine first.

Other than cutting power  and re-booting each time, I can't change channeling when I choose another.

I get stuck in this loop where I'm confined to the first two  videos per session.

I reverted back to resetting the options for  my system  to the original configuration yesterday, but I'm still having the problem.

Message 9 of 18 (346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 6, 2012

i agree app looks promising but has alot of holes the method of searching for videos / typing is too primitive and slow also has yet to let me stay signed in regardless of  what we use ps3 for youtube or not it should all be more user friendly  heck if they wanted to improve and start surpassing the competition they would make an app market like android and apple

Message 10 of 18 (285 Views)
0 Likes