Mar 14 2012
By: rego00123 Sackboy 556 posts

wipeout 2048 really needs custom controls

1 replies 22 views Edited Mar 14, 2012

if you are like me you have always played wipeout games with the default of independent left and right braking, which this game allows with its "wipeout" control scheme. HOWEVER...it is useless on the vita thanks to the placement of the right stick and how it prevents your hand resting naturally with your fingers on the x button for the gas.

the vita foregoes this method of control (presumably) because they where aware of this issue and defaults you to a generic airbrake button that automatically uses the brake of the way you are turning and both brake on with a forward facing ship. this unfortunately takes a large degree of control away from the player that (for me) is needed at A+ speeds. it essentially "gimps" you by not allowing you to use your braking without first initiating a turn to do so.

all this could have and can be avoided if the user is given the ability to assign buttons as they see fit. moving the gas from X to square, absorb to X and weapon use to the triangle will eliminate the issue of being in conflict with the right stick.

Message 1 of 2 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: wipeout 2048 really needs custom controls

Mar 14, 2012

I was thinking about the controls and comfort, so based on how my hands hold the Vita, i think they should have swapped the Left analog stick and the D-pad. So, the Left analog is on top and D-pad on bottom, try it out, feels so much better to me.

Message 2 of 2 (22 Views)
0 Likes