Fender Bender
3790 posts

Re: will cloud be included with ps plus?

Jun 13, 2013

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

Matsudaira wrote:

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

Im not taking about cloud save or whatever. Im taking about cloud gaikai, where we get to steam ps1/2/3 games right from our ps4.

Sony said Gaikai will launch in 2014. This will be part of PS+, but (obviously) don't expect them to just hand out hundreds of free games to you. I guarantee you that the service will be included, but the games will cost money.

so in other words, its not included since we have to pay for it separately. Another question would be, would the games be rentals or purchase.

You're not paying for it separately though. Gaikai isn't just about downloading games, it's also the backbone to the play-as-you-download functionality, remote play and all of the sharing functionality. You will have to probably buy the games you want, but the rest of the functionality is inherent.

Message 11 of 16 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Gaiki on PS3/4/Vita has the potential for something awesome:

"Free game weekends" that steam has. So say, one weekend, we can stream GTA V absolutely free, but when the weekend is over, it locks.

Has the potential to "Replace" the current 1 hour trials.
Message 12 of 16 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
Gaiki on PS3/4/Vita has the potential for something awesome:

"Free game weekends" that steam has. So say, one weekend, we can stream GTA V absolutely free, but when the weekend is over, it locks.

Has the potential to "Replace" the current 1 hour trials.

That's a cool idea. I would love to see something like that implemented. I'm sure that would boost sales too, unless it's a game short enough to finish in a single, long sitting. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 16 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

Im not taking about cloud save or whatever. Im taking about cloud gaikai, where we get to steam ps1/2/3 games right from our ps4.

Sony said Gaikai will launch in 2014. This will be part of PS+, but (obviously) don't expect them to just hand out hundreds of free games to you. I guarantee you that the service will be included, but the games will cost money.

in the reveal in feb they said that you can try games before you purchase for as long as you want..

But i doubt it will be like that, because most games i can beat in a few hours....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 14 of 16 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jun 13, 2013

hjason1 wrote:

in the reveal in feb they said that you can try games before you purchase for as long as you want..

But i doubt it will be like that, because most games i can beat in a few hours....

Yeah -- I don't think they said that. Pretty sure they were simply saying you can try any game you want for a short period (like an hour or two) and then choose to purchase it if you want. This is already what they do on SOME games. There is no way they are going to let you sit there and play all their games for hours on end with the hopes you might buy it.

Message 15 of 16 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3614 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

hjason1 wrote:

Yeah -- I don't think they said that. Pretty sure they were simply saying you can try any game you want for a short period (like an hour or two) and then choose to purchase it if you want. This is already what they do on SOME games. There is no way they are going to let you sit there and play all their games for hours on end with the hopes you might buy it.

pretty sure the dude said it.. I have it on my ps3 i'll go watch it now...

Just watched it, it's at 32 minute mark.. Try before you buy it on everything instantly, share it and buy it if you like it...

Never said how long so it makes it seem longer than the 60 minutes..

i've played some game where the 60 minutes wasn't enough time to play..

Simply because the cut scenes you couldn't skip and they took most of the hour.....

So their hour trial does work for all games....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 16 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes