Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: wifi tether vita to android phone

Sep 20, 2012
Yea but you can't play games like Resistance BS because it says it requires a LAN type 2 connection. I use my 4g service and still get that message. But it does work for getting your Vita online, you can do other things and I haven't tried LBP while using FoxFi. If you have a android device , look in the Android Play store, if it doesn't show up just Google FoxFi.apk and you can download it from other sites. I have the Moto Photon on Sprint and it works really well.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 11 of 16 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Sep 20, 2012

I just tried it on my AT&T Atrix2 droid. The description for the app said AT&T and Sprint have blocked the app from working but I installed apk anyways. As soon as I turned it on, got a notification that my account is not setup for USB tethering and to change my plan go to ATT.com. Just kept looping over and over. LOL! Oh well, it was worth a try.

Message 12 of 16 (962 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Sep 20, 2012
I have FoxFi version 1.91 I downloaded from the internet a while ago and it works great. If you found the FoxFi add-on in the Google play store then just Google search on the web for FoxFi 1.91 and download it and see if that version works for you.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 13 of 16 (957 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1116 posts

Sep 21, 2012

DB_Stoner wrote:

Well i already pay for an unlimited data plan for my phone so there is realy nothing thay can change.....one of the only reasons i am still with sprint there the only ones to offer it.

Just a friendly heads up that Sprint monitors their "unlimited" data. If they pick up a huge amount of usage from your account, they'll investigate and see if you're possibly tethering. You'll get a written warning to purchase a tethering plan or "normalize" your usage, which if you don't do they will have your account terminated. Something like our Vita doesn't use nearly enough data to trigger a warning, but it has been happening to people usually tethering desktops/laptops that can go through a ton of data depending on how they're used.

Message 14 of 16 (941 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I just got my Samsung Galaxy Q from Mobi (Canada). I have unlimited data and unlimited tethering, so I'll go out and report back.

As of the moment, I'm setting it up, and it's looking good. I can access and download LBP Vita levels.

Message 15 of 16 (933 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
11370 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:

I just got my Samsung Galaxy Q from Mobi (Canada). I have unlimited data and unlimited tethering, so I'll go out and report back.

As of the moment, I'm setting it up, and it's looking good. I can access and download LBP Vita levels.

I'm guessing you won't be able to connect to other players, though.  The wifi tether on most (if not all) phones is a NAT Type 3.  There is nothing you can do to change that.

Message 16 of 16 (930 Views)
0 Likes