Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 17 2012
By: mama_of_3_987 First Son 1 posts

why won't my ps3 take a disc anymore?!?

2 replies 91 views Edited Dec 17, 2012
so i took my disc (black ops 2) out of my ps3 on Thursday night, and hadn't touched it until tonite when i tried again to put in black ops 2 and it just spins the disc like it wants to pull it in but it won't go more than an inch or two in and it won't spin it even after a couple seconds. I've tried the upside down thing just for the heck of it-nothing. tried to just put it in when its off-nothing. and i don't have a.switch anywhere on my ps3 its a slim. i don't know what to do with it. its a new one after i sent my last one to Sony becuz it wouldn't connect to my power cord and i think its used but Im not sure. it has lots of dings and marks on the bottom though that it arrived with and we only use it ocassionally so Im hoping its not something i need to send it in for again becuz last time i lost everything on my old one cuz i couldn't back it up and id really really like not to have to lose it all again only a couple months later. does anyone know why it would do this at least? and maybe how it can be fixed outside of sending it in without voicing my warranty or paying an outrageous amount of money?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: why won't my ps3 take a disc anymore?!?

Dec 17, 2012

the only thing i can tell you to do is hold down the eject botton for at least 10 sec. or so intill you here it beep.  that might reset the mech.  before you send it back signup for psplus,  you can save your game files online.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: why won't my ps3 take a disc anymore?!?

Dec 21, 2012

Hello there & Welcome to the PlayStation Forums,

Please view this similar thread in regards to the BD/op. drive issue...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Need-help-please/m-p/39116199#M3820793

In your case, it's not just the 'loading tray' but the entire drive itself, that needs to be replaced.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (58 Views)
0 Likes