First Son
16 posts

Re: why so gloomy???

Aug 25, 2012
Why didn't Sony go with Android os? Has this been discussed elsewhere in the forum? I just thought I'd throw that in. Also, is it just me or is everyone assuming that anyone with a vita will/should own a PS3.
Message 11 of 22 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Aug 25, 2012
yes there is a thread on android on vita just search he threads
Message 12 of 22 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Vita might be in trouble and we all see, but this community is standing behind this beautiful device, eventhough we may complain about this and that, but what would a community be if there were no complaints... pretty boring IMO.. anyways like someone said we have some pretty good games coming out soon real soon and more through next year that should boost sales. To add on top of that PSone Support is coming... its like sitting in our faces saying you want this you want this, and we say Oh yeah

Message 13 of 22 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Aug 25, 2012
I don't think it's about people complaining at this point so much as people's morale being down when they see sale numbers. It could be said that numbers don't mean anything long as you like / love your handheld but while that's true the reality is also that poor sales == less games for the system~.

Of the titles coming, I don't think any of them will improve the situation in Japan. I do think all markets are important and while I appreciate Sony caters to a more western audience (for a change), I'd like to see them investing in the other market too as that'd only lead to a strong third party support if sales would go up~.
Message 14 of 22 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Aug 25, 2012
False, Vita sales SKYROCKET thank to Persona 4, expect better sales next month Smiley Happy
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Tribute-to-Neil-Armstrong-Greatest-Man-Alive/m-p/38079055/message-uid/38079055#U38079055 Pay your respect Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 22 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Aug 25, 2012
In Japan the boost lasted only one week. That said, P4: The Golden doesn't come out until November, that's two months and some spare change from that. So, I've no idea why do you think sales next month will be better~.
Message 16 of 22 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Marketing is KEy for them.  EU and NA will eat up Greatness if its served right. I love my Vita and now that i signed up for netflix I love it even more on the go. Though I do think Ragnarok Odyssey will help and So will COD if the game play is outstanding. Next year seems like a long time but in its really not. PSO2 will arive and I really think it will sky rocket.

I seen the Wii U... Im not gonna knock it, but... Oh whatever

That think is pure #&@&@**# poo.

Message 17 of 22 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:
In Japan the boost lasted only one week. That said, P4: The Golden doesn't come out until November, that's two months and some spare change from that. So, I've no idea why do you think sales next month will be better~.

Whatever it is, sale is just a number, you and THAT PERSON, which I will now prefer to as the Community Troll called **bleep** are one of the many to be, what should I say, worry TOO MUCH about sales, saying low sale = no game, lower other morale, and more, when the thing is just sixth moth old on US market, 1 year old in on Japanese Market, and the 3DS only got more sale because Nintendo is more popular and while in Japan, PSP is still alive and a hot thing. This forum is a community forum to discuss about game and reasonable complain, idea, not a place for you and THAT person to started making assumption and prediction about failure because of sale and unit sold. You can try IGN forum and any other stock market forum if you want to discuss about sale, because excuse me, I'm a GAMER, not a Salesman, I DON't CARE CRAP about sales Smiley Happy Just because poor sale kill the PSPGo, doesn't mean the VIta is a FAILURE, I can say the same for he PS3. 5 year ago, when it's was 400$ and sales was also slow

Edit: Username removed

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Tribute-to-Neil-Armstrong-Greatest-Man-Alive/m-p/38079055/message-uid/38079055#U38079055 Pay your respect Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 22 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

Don't recall ever saying the PSV is a failure, however, much as you hide your head in the sand, sales matter. The PSV has comparatively  less support than the 3DS, if that's not an evidence of why sales matter then you are just blind~.

Then again, ignorance is bliss, more power to you~.

Message 19 of 22 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Aug 25, 2012
If the Vita is lacking than the 3DS, why most people buy it and make comment such as your? Isn't the 3DS much cheaper? So I am blind because I don't care about certain amount of number, shesh, number mean crap, I've already own the Vita, can i return it and say, hey, i like it but sales is crap so i want a return, no, Nobody care crap about sales as long as they can play their game and have fun, leave sales talk to Sony please, I do not say you're saying the Vita failure, I say that because you care so much about sale that I have to list you along side of that Community Troll, I can consider myself ignorance, but hey, at least I can enjoy my game without worrying about how crappy sell work, if the Vita do receive less support, so be it, I have 50 game counting Japanese and US, my PS3, I cam still play, the 50 Vita games i own, is enough to last me until PS4 came Smiley Happy Enjoy your pointless discussion about sales, I will go play my game and have fun Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 22 (48 Views)
0 Likes