Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: why isnt last of us demo free?

Jun 6, 2013
They don't need a demo. As has been said, it was just perk of GoW. They let that, and the countdown leading up to it, along with the reviews of the game speak for themselves. The Metacritic is currently sitting at something like a whopping 94%. Sony and ND have nothing further to prove.
Message 11 of 29 (147 Views)
MVP Support
40573 posts

Jun 6, 2013

johngie wrote:
They don't need a demo. As has been said, it was just perk of GoW. They let that, and the countdown leading up to it, along with the reviews of the game speak for themselves. The Metacritic is currently sitting at something like a whopping 94%. Sony and ND have nothing further to prove.

We'll agree to disagee this time johngie.

Making it GOW only & not making it avaiable to the masses was very pretentious on ND's part in my view.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 12 of 29 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 6, 2013
I highly doubt that Naughty Dog had much, if any say in their demo. Cross-studio exclusive demos? That reeks of Sony corporate trying to drum up hype for not just one, but two games (and I'm not even counting the PS Allstars DLC that was included with GoW).

And it worked.
Message 13 of 29 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 6, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

johngie wrote:

We'll agree to disagee this time johngie.

Making it GOW only & not making it avaiable to the masses was very pretentious on ND's part in my view.

BRIT-KO

Naughty Dog has earned the right to be a tad pretentious in my personal opinion. They make outstanding AAA games and the hype surrounding this game is HUGE and has been since it was first heard of.  They don't need a pre-release demo to sell copies.

The reviews are coming in and having almost all the major sources say in short "this is THE game to take note of and get" ND has no pressure to put out a demo. There was no public beta testing like some other titles.  The info and gameplay is now out on the web.  Needing a F2P demo to make a judegment on whether or not you want it it not a priority for ND.

It was a good marketing move to do it the way they did, especially to help out GOW:A.  If someone needs info to decide to buy it or not, plenty is out there. This game is going to explode onto the scene! Check out the section of these forums for it here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/bd-p/24815 and just try and keep up with the enthusiastic community already residing there. I can't Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 29 (139 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 6, 2013
I'd just like to add: how often do you see people on these forums begging for demos? PSN codes ya, gamesharing sure, but demos? Because there were tons of people asking for the demo over in the TLOU forums when it went live, and a few even spilled into here.

All for a 20 minute demo.
Message 15 of 29 (135 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 6, 2013

johngie wrote:
I'd just like to add: how often do you see people on these forums begging for demos? PSN codes ya, gamesharing sure, but demos? Because there were tons of people asking for the demo over in the TLOU forums when it went live, and a few even spilled into here.

All for a 20 minute demo.

Which didn't reveal much of the game, just limited gameplay mechanics

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 29 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

the demo comes out next Tuesday for EVERYONE for free.  seriously, this thread is DUMB; if I need to go in to details as to why this thread is dumb, then that makes it even worse.

Message 17 of 29 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

no, it should just be free for everyone. Its only a demo, dont make people buy ps plus to try it out. Thats just like making people go buy GOW just to try it out.

Just quit crying and go to any RedBox and rent GOW and download the demo... It's that simple maybe cost you $2 to rent. Unless you are a broke deadbeat living in mom's basement.

Message 18 of 29 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jun 6, 2013
honestly the game is not even all that , only people whos all pumped up and hype for it is the same people . who love cod zombie i which find so boring and never play . of course ppl going to.beg the differ thats their opinion.
Message 19 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

I'm surprised to hear its not free, even more so when I'm seeing tweets about an embargo restricting gameplay footage to 30 second clips (hoping this is not true).

Its cool though, I'm not gonna order the game blind, even if its Naughty Dog. Heck, I'm thinking I should wait awhile for the initial hype to die down

Message 20 of 29 (80 Views)
0 Likes