Reply
Highlighted
Jun 19 2013
By: Kali_boiz_4life Sackboy 489 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

why do some people have red names?

24 replies 222 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

Are they like mods or something? Can they delete or move threads? Can they ban people on here? Why do they have red names and the rest of us dont? just wondering.

Message 1 of 25 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13558 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

There's a lighter, brighter red name for Playstation MVPs. There's a whole process for becoming one of those, they can tell you more. MVPs have no official forum power.

 

The darker red names are Mods, and they work for Sony officially. Only mods can move/delete threads and such.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 25 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

Jun 19, 2013
They're MVPs, and they can do none of that. Although to be honest, I don't see many of them as being particularly important people.
Message 3 of 25 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/18/2009
Online
8960 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

Jun 19, 2013

They are playstation MVP's they are awarded that title for being helpful among other things and no playstation MVP's don't have the power to moderate remove post or any power they  are just like us but just with a red name

 KANE-FIRE

Message 4 of 25 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/28/2012
Offline
489 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

There's a lighter, brighter red name for Playstation MVPs. There's a whole process for becoming one of those, they can tell you more. MVPs have no official forum power.

 

The darker red names are Mods, and they work for Sony officially. Only mods can move/delete threads and such.


ok, thanks, ill watch out for those with darker red names. lol.

Message 5 of 25 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
226 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

Jun 19, 2013
Red names which are the PlayStation MVP like myself. its a special rank that playstation community gives to certain people that willing to contribute, help users and do some tournament. i think they usually open for registration every 3 months or something. more here
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/MVP-General-Discussion/PlayStation-com-MVP-Community-FAQ/m-p/...



<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 6 of 25 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15333 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

Jun 19, 2013

No tears now, Lombax Warrior. Ranks are displayed under the respective user's PSN ID.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 7 of 25 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13558 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

Jun 19, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

There's a lighter, brighter red name for Playstation MVPs. There's a whole process for becoming one of those, they can tell you more. MVPs have no official forum power.

 

The darker red names are Mods, and they work for Sony officially. Only mods can move/delete threads and such.


ok, thanks, ill watch out for those with darker red names. lol.


Well that'd be impossible.


Mods don't frequent the forums often, they ONLY post or make their presence known when they need to do something (Move/lock/delete a thread, sticky a thread, etc). And they respond to when people report inappropriate content to posts.

 

You can't really "watch out" for them. They pop in, do their job, pop out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 25 (185 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 09/28/2012
Offline
489 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

Jun 19, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

No tears now, Lombax Warrior. Ranks are displayed under the respective user's PSN ID.


you have a different red than the mvp, so im guessing you are a mod? whats is da bomb expert?

Message 9 of 25 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13058 posts
 

Re: why do some people have red names?

Jun 19, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

No tears now, Lombax Warrior. Ranks are displayed under the respective user's PSN ID.


Why is your name red? O.o

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 10 of 25 (181 Views)
Reply
0 Likes