dissidia 012 (duodecim)

this is my signature
Message 1 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3913 posts

Re: whats the best dissidia game

Feb 24, 2012

012 has more characters. And has the original Dissidia's storyline on top of it's own story. So I'd go with that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Feb 24, 2012

cool thanks, ive heard wonderful things about the dissidia games but never even saw gameplay or anything on it until now, i thought it was just a soulcalibur but with final fantasy characters but theres a lot more movement and technical stuff involved

id rather be building my vita game collection though, so i dont know

this is my signature
Message 3 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3913 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Yeah, it's definitely not your usual fighting game. I have both Dissidias and absolutely love them.

Message 4 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Feb 24, 2012

maybe dissidia will hold me over until mass effect 3, or maybe when i finish paying off my credit card that i used to buy the vita ill reward myself with dissidia

this is my signature
Message 5 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Well, there are two different fighting types in both Dissidias (Action and RPG - Action being more like a fighting game and RPG being more like a confusing version of the regular Final Fantasy's gameplay ).  Well I like the way Duodecim has more exploration (out in an open field), despite the fact that almost every character explores that field, than the first Dissidia.

What I disliked in Dissidia: the loss of DP every time you move to a space. (I guess that's kind of my fault, because I don't go through the labrynths the effecient way.)

Message 6 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Yeah there's really no reason to get the first Dissidia since Duodecim has pretty much everything that the first game had and more, including all the little cutscenes and whatnot from the first game. They did change the Colloseum, which was a mode where you are dealt cards sort of, which I loved doing. I was pissed because I thought they took it out, but it's still there, but now it's called Labyrinth under "Battle Mode". It's a little harder now and you go from room to room, but the card aspect is the same, so it's pretty cool.

If you haven't played Dissidia before, just give it a chance because it's a lot different than your typical fighting game. Once you understand the way Bravery and all that work, it's really awesome.

Note: There is that little 3 dollar Dissidia game you can get, which is...whatever. It was sort of like a demo of some kind. The only real point to getting that is that it gets you a support character: Aerith. Too bad she's not playable, but it kinda makes sense.

Message 7 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Definitely Dissidia 012. All the fighting and moves were tweaked / improved and you get the original story as well so you basically get both games anyway

Message 8 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 17, 2012

...and you get to keep all your KP (Kupo!) no matter how much you move. (The DP in Dissidia you had after a stage/labrynth depended on how effeciently you fought through the darn thing)

I have to reiterate what I said before...

The selling point in duodecim for me is the fact you have an explorable world (in story mode) after a labrynth and you can save your game (beside the fact that the saving kicks you out of story mode, but that's beyond the point because you can always return).

Also when you fight in quick battle (1 vs 1) you get more exp from the opponents you pick to fight (given you aren't on the treasure hunter play plan) than in Dissidia. (I get 1000+ exp from lv1 opponents in duodecim with no exp multiplier, but in the previous Dissidia I get like 500+ exp with no multipliers, even with booster accessories)

It's also really easy to get extra slots in duodecim because that's the very first thing the shop grants with rosetta stones.   While in Dissidia once you unlock the extra slot choice in the shop you need to pick between a basic accessory or the extra slot. (what the heck is an accessory doing in the etc category of the shop in Dissidia?)

The $2.99 game is Dissidia 012 Prologus Final Fantasy...and yes it's a demo of some kind for duodecim.

Message 9 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13564 posts

Apr 17, 2012

The only good things about the first Dissidia is that

A. Accessories were stronger (Champion Belt gave a +25% bonus to physical damage, vs 8% in Duodecim)

B. It was easier to get exclusive weapons (Megalixers and such were easy to obtain in the Colosseum)

Dissidia 012 did a lot of "balancing" to the game, to make it more fair. But it was still fun to bash around on the original.

Message 10 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes