Highlighted
Jul 19 2005
By: OrangeKoolaid390 I Only Post Everything 1375 posts

whatch gunna do?

7 replies 6 views Edited Jul 19, 2005
Last night i was looking at all my PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube games. I have over 70 games for ps2, 15 for g-cube, and 30+ for Xbox. then i wondered, "what the hell am i going to do with over 100 videogames that once the next gen consoles are released, i'll probably never play again?" I dont really want to sell PS2 or any of my systems, but have nowhere to put them! anyone else have this problem? please dont flame, i'm just asking.
Message 1 of 8 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4852 posts

Re: whatch gunna do?

Jul 19, 2005
Well,all of the consoles are backwards compatible to some extent, so just,sell your systems a month or so before their successor is launched. I,would wait for the PS2 and Xbox though, because Sony hasn't given word,on weather online PS2 games will be playable online on PS3, and,Microsoft hasn't clerified on how their backwards compatability would,work.
Message 2 of 8 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4451 posts

Jul 19, 2005
Put them in a box and save it for a rainy day.  I don't have that many games, but I have enough to think the same thing..."What should I do with these?"  The one problem with doing this is that games are different than they used to be.  You could pull out an old game, play it for 4 hours, and put it down again.  Games didn't take 10-20 hours to finish.  If you decide you want to play a game in a few years, unless you are doing it for a weekend, you may have to play it for a few days to finish it.  I'm not sure if that is good or bad.,
Message 3 of 8 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1375 posts

Jul 19, 2005

,C-Dude wrote:
Well all of the consoles are backwards compatible to some extent, so just sell your systems a month or so before their successor is launched. I would wait for the PS2 and Xbox though, because Sony hasn't given word on weather online PS2 games will be playable online on PS3, and Microsoft hasn't clerified on how their backwards compatability would work.

yeah i know it is backwards compatable, but does anyone honestly play PSone games on their ps2?,
Message 4 of 8 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Jul 19, 2005
I'll keep games that are classics and that I Love (Final Fantasy VII,,Digital Devil Saga, ETC rpgs). The rest are going in for a new system!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 5 of 8 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 19, 2005
It'd be smartest to just hang on to all of your systems, because you'd be surprised how much you'll miss them. I went back and bought a lot of my old collection back of PS games, not to mention the console itself and an N64. The more games progress, the older the prev-gen consoles get, and you can't beat that nostalgic feeling of popping in a game you haven't had in years. I mean, look at SNES, you know?

Plus you have to keep in mind that they'll be hard to find years down the road.
Message 6 of 8 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1375 posts

Jul 19, 2005

,RealityX wrote:
It'd be smartest to just hang on to all of your systems, because you'd be surprised how much you'll miss them. I went back and bought a lot of my old collection back of PS games, not to mention the console itself and an N64. The more games progress, the older the prev-gen consoles get, and you can't beat that nostalgic feeling of popping in a game you haven't had in years. I mean, look at SNES, you know?

Plus you have to keep in mind that they'll be hard to find years down the road.

yeah i'm definately not selling, i just dont know what to do with them. my closet is packed and my shelfs are soo terribly cluttered its scary...,
Message 7 of 8 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Jul 20, 2005
I already sold my PS2. And I used the money to reserve an Xbox360. I gave my Gamecube to my daughter cause she liked alot of the games. And depending on how much backward capabilities the Xbox360 has will determine if I sell my Xbox or not.

Message 8 of 8 (6 Views)
0 Likes