PlayStation MVP
7597 posts

Re: what is sony thinking?

May 15, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
I know of more people looking forward to Killzone, inFamous, Watch Dogs, and Knack than Gran Turismo 6. Yes, Gran Turismo is a front runner for driving/racing games, but I don't think it would do exceptionally well as a release title for the ps4. It just has to much competition with more popular genres. I'm not saying that the game wouldn't sell, I just think people would pass it up for other titles.

Not to mention Evo already has a solid racer in DriveClub set as a launch release.  Not sure Sony would want to release two 'competing' first party exclusives at the same time.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 22 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Re: what is sony thinking?

May 15, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:
I know of more people looking forward to Killzone, inFamous, Watch Dogs, and Knack than Gran Turismo 6. Yes, Gran Turismo is a front runner for driving/racing games, but I don't think it would do exceptionally well as a release title for the ps4. It just has to much competition with more popular genres. I'm not saying that the game wouldn't sell, I just think people would pass it up for other titles.

Not to mention Evo already has a solid racer in DriveClub set as a launch release.  Not sure Sony would want to release two 'competing' first party exclusives at the same time.

You know I wasn't really that interested in Drive Club when I saw it.

Yeah it looked nice and all, but I didn't realize it was being made by a studio that made other racing games I loved. Needless to say, I'm a little excited knowing this now and may be looking to get a PS4 and this title this holiday launch season, in hopes of both enjoying it on the big screen, but also to stream it to my Vita when I have to share the big screen.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 22 (37 Views)
0 Likes