Sackboy
621 posts

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 20, 2012

You need to realize, just because you don't like the apps, doesn't mean others don't . I know your new here and its all good, but the amount of complaints over no Skype at launch and No youtube (coming any min) where crazy so sony delivered. I understasnd there are other apps, that aren't on the Vita that would obvious be good on teh Vita, and With PS Mobile coming to the Vita, I can easily see a bunch of good Apps coming.

As for blaming for crappy apps, etc.. thats actually the developers of the apps that have coded them like crap not sony. So Skype, Netflix, Flickr, Facebook, all those are coded by teh respected people, not coded by Sony.

As for half assing everything, not sure if I would say they did. It plays Vita games great, the touch screen is spot on, It is a great device and with youtube, psmobile, 60 Vita games before 2013 (appearntly thats the rumor anyways) PS1 classics coming this summer, and more apps they have announced, I could See Vita easily picking up pace this holiday season.

Your wife got it for you, and just have to be thankful and patient with it. We have all been very patient since launch and so far Sony has begun picking up releasing new stuff for it. Hopefully they keep it that way. I think once you find a game (I say get GR) and a few others to occupy yourself with, you will forget about the negatives until they are addressed.

You do also have to realize Iphone has been out for how long? and Vita only for a few months, so of course the APPs are infavor of the Iphone for now.

Photobucket

Message 71 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jun 20, 2012

i AGREE wolf. we got apps lacking some features but there will be updates for EVERYTHING OFW updates game patches app updates ect... all hand held electronic devices get updates so they dont stay out of date or till there time is up. PS VITA is on a slow train but its speeding up. tooot tooooot

http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 72 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Jun 20, 2012

vita need yahoo and other chat platforms

Message 73 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7385 posts

Jun 20, 2012

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

no i wasnt confused i didnt think vita was going to be a phone, look at the thing! lol... i was confused in thinking that it would at the very least match my iphone and tab when it comes to functions considering sony wanted to go the app rout with vita and again the **** thing is so powerfull sony should be ashamed at those apps and the web browser, should have just left it to games instead of half assing the other stuff

so apple should be ashamed of their casual crap games? no man you are confused, ps vita is a dedicated handheld system experiences like Uncharted, Resistance or Gravity Rush are only possible on the vita as of now, you wont get those experiences on iphone or tablet, psvita is a handheld DEDICATED system that happens to support social apps, at the end of the day the vita will be judge by its games, thats why most of us got it, besides you have the whole playstation network in the palm of your hands but ps home, i think you are the first hardcore gamer ( assuming you are one ) comparing the vita to an iphone or tablet i have seen on this website and i do agree that the web browser should be better

Message 74 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jun 20, 2012

The Vita can play game so stop complaining really, you get it then you enjoy it, no point of crying or bitching about thing you already bought. if you like app you can just stick with your phone, Vita is or game only, i hardly seen any people called Vita Games APP. Btw you can also try the 3DS that crap should work for you if you're a HARDCORE player

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 75 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 20, 2012

LOL. I hope that's not a serious question.

Message 76 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8865 posts

Jun 20, 2012

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

yes i own a vita.... apps worth having, i mean cmon welcome park, foursquare lol... pandora would have been nice but nooo it had to be sonys music unl.. and ofcourse everyone is going to be like well duh its sonys platform. apple has itunes but they dont force it on you do they..

I very much enjoy the music unlimited app. But the vita was built for the sole purpose of games, not apps. Why the hell are you complaining about such small problems when you can go out and buy some really good games.

Message 77 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7385 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

yes i own a vita.... apps worth having, i mean cmon welcome park, foursquare lol... pandora would have been nice but nooo it had to be sonys music unl.. and ofcourse everyone is going to be like well duh its sonys platform. apple has itunes but they dont force it on you do they..

I very much enjoy the music unlimited app. But the vita was built for the sole purpose of games, not apps. Why the hell are you complaining about such small problems when you can go out and buy some really good games.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Free userbars
p

this!!!! i second this opinion, psvita pimarily function are games, its a dedicated handheld system not a phone nor a tablet, those devices don't offer the same quality of gaming, i know because i have them and any attemp at hardcore gaming on those devices is a no from me, imagine being able to play resistance burning skies online with an iphone oh my god i would be getting owned left and right, anytime of the day, any day of the week, any week of the month, any month of the year lol.

Message 78 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Yes, some game work well with other console and some work well with the Vita, the amount of hate playing Angry Bird PSP version pretty much killed my love for any Android/Apple market game on the Vita

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 79 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 20, 2012

I paid $50.00 on launch date for Uncharted GA but felt it was worth every penny for the best experience I ever had on a handheld.  That being stated there are times I wait for a price drop before I purchase a game or a sale on the Playstation Store.  It is a matter of personal choice. 

This is technically a 2nd generation device and does everything the 1st generation device did and does it better.  Especially keeping the hackers at bay so game developers and Sony can make some money for a change.  I agree with those that say this is a gaming device first and foremost and everything else is secondary.

And that 5 inch OLED screen is a sweet piece of real estate and you can zoom in and out simply by pinching in and out on the screen.  I us the image sizing all the the when playing games like Rayman Origins.

It is hands down the best engineered handheld in the world.  I have owned mine for 4 months and am still finding detailed capabilities that I didn't know where built in. 

Message 80 of 86 (11 Views)
0 Likes