Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/22/2012
Offline
1532 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

well, i said this once so listen or read or look whatever you wanted to do becuz this kind of thread/topic ( if you called it ones) have been done before, it's have BEEN DONE before. just look at the first page of the forum and you will see 10 topic like this, seriously these dont even make sense and do no good to you or other people even if you're honest about it. The only answer here is WAIT WAIT WAIT, for a device 4 month into it's lifespan and you expected much? i mean come on, the PS3 clearly have the same problem like not being able to play PS2 game, lack of game, lack of feature and look at it now, look how its become the top console of the world, not counting that Nintendo Crap WiiU they are boasting about. Everything not perfect, Nobody Perfect remember, does that ring a bell? it's just a matter of time for the VIta to be good so instead of wasting your time and many people time here, please stop this thread, and also you are attracting forum troll into your thread, i seen 2 of them, and also ou should go back and learn how video game companies work and how LOCALIZATION work thank you

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 61 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/21/2007
Offline
7416 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

it seems as if i hurt a lot of feelings cause i have a few legit complaints about vita.. im no troll i dont hate sony if i did my wife would have known better then to get me a vita. i did do some research on it and i guess all the videos i seen of remote play must of been hacked vitas and as i said thats not something i will do considering it is possible but for what ever reason sony is holding it back. im more then likely not going to return it and just cause i have complaints about it doesnt mean i should stay quiet about and simply return it. i came here for a reason and thats me hoping that a sony rep sees this and they start considering the remote play if they are not already.i am not bashing on sony or vita i guess i just expected it to take over my tab and iphone but it wont at this time. i really didnt think that most of the apps would be a protection plan or that i cant change the theme and i dont mean just the color of the background i want dynamic stuff like my ps3 considering this isnt sonys first handheld and those things have been around for some time apps and stuff i just dont understand how it can be so lacking. 

i think sony will add full remote play compatibility in the future but not now, i think sony wants to sell psvita games first, if they add remote play a lot of people wont buy as many vita games as they were planning to knowing they can play all their ps3 games on the little system, dynamic themes would kill battery, ps3 isnt a portable device you kow? you can take screenshots of any game you play just press start and ps button at the same time, you can then set them up as screensavers and starting screen , psvita isnt a phone not a tablet either, its a portable gaming device and it handles gaming a lot better than those devices you are mentioning with full psn integration.

i think you got confused because the vita has social apps and skype maybe you thought it could be a phone but it isnt, its a dedicated gaming device and the best portable gaming device there is in my opinion. of course it has its flaws like everything else like gaming on a iphone or a tablet ( oh my god ) any attemp to a hardcore game on those devices is a no no from me, a casual touch game works great but not Resistance, Uncharted or even Gravity Rush, i don't expect to experience that quality gaming on smartphones or tables anytime soon, they dont even have a full dedicated network ( psn ) so yea psvita in gaming leave those devices on the dust, not even a competition there but hey an iphone is primarily a phone so yea its a better phone device than the vita , a tablet well they have a better web browser and other stuff that the vita but not gaming so yea if you want remote play on your vita i think you will have to wait a little longer, i think sony will use the same engineers that are bringing psone support to the system soon to work on remote play after they are done with ps one support.

Message 62 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/21/2007
Offline
7416 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

it seems as if i hurt a lot of feelings cause i have a few legit complaints about vita.. im no troll i dont hate sony if i did my wife would have known better then to get me a vita. i did do some research on it and i guess all the videos i seen of remote play must of been hacked vitas and as i said thats not something i will do considering it is possible but for what ever reason sony is holding it back. im more then likely not going to return it and just cause i have complaints about it doesnt mean i should stay quiet about and simply return it. i came here for a reason and thats me hoping that a sony rep sees this and they start considering the remote play if they are not already.i am not bashing on sony or vita i guess i just expected it to take over my tab and iphone but it wont at this time. i really didnt think that most of the apps would be a protection plan or that i cant change the theme and i dont mean just the color of the background i want dynamic stuff like my ps3 considering this isnt sonys first handheld and those things have been around for some time apps and stuff i just dont understand how it can be so lacking. 

and what's up with the majority of apps are protection plan? there are only 4 protection plan apps against : Party, Messages, ps store, Near, Friends, Trophies, Content Manager, Maps, Netflix, Facebook, Music Unlimited, Live Tweet, Foursquare, Skype, Music, Videos, Paint Park, Welcome Park and all the games , stop that non sense that most of the apps are protection plan, are you sure you own the system?

Message 63 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/14/2012
Offline
842 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

my wife got me one for fathers day and im not too happy with it. i get its a handheld for games but everything else feels so not worth it, (1)apps are horrible and (2)why cant i change the theme? that should be a given.. the biggest problem i have with it is that i thought (3)i would be able to remote play my ps3 games but not one of them work, its like sony added these features just to say yea it can do it we just wont let it happen. the **** thing is the price of a console! i should have a little more freedom with the thing, or is it me thats asking for to much? (4)im thinking about returning it, seems like sony is doing the same mistakes it did with the psp and psp go... if you dont intend to make it an all around thing (5) then dont half *** the other stuff just to prove a point that it can be done but you have no serious interest.

1) The PSV has been out for only 4 months or so. Not many apps are available yet. Skype, Twitter, Facebook, and Netflix are good apps.

2) The theme can be changed. I have a guide stickied that will tell you how to change the theme (among other things).

(3) This decision is not up to Sony. It is up to the developer of the game to a release an update allowing remote play with the PSV. It has the ability to do so, some hackers have proved this possible, but don't blame Sony.

4) The PSP was a huge success, the GO was a failure, and thats only because they eliminated the disk-drive and made it all download-only, forcing people to re-buy all the games they had previously and not offering all the games on the PSN.

5) The Vita is the most powerful, advanced hand-held device of its time. with the use of a touchscreen, rear touchbad, ability to display graphics like no other device, Quad-core ARM8 Processor, and 5" OLED screen.

It sounds likle the vita is not for you, sir. If you do not like it, simply return it. I'd sure be happy if I got a Vita for free as a gift.

Message 64 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

my wife got me one for fathers day and im not too happy with it. i get its a handheld for games but everything else feels so not worth it, (1)apps are horrible and (2)why cant i change the theme? that should be a given.. the biggest problem i have with it is that i thought (3)i would be able to remote play my ps3 games but not one of them work, its like sony added these features just to say yea it can do it we just wont let it happen. the **** thing is the price of a console! i should have a little more freedom with the thing, or is it me thats asking for to much? (4)im thinking about returning it, seems like sony is doing the same mistakes it did with the psp and psp go... if you dont intend to make it an all around thing (5) then dont half *** the other stuff just to prove a point that it can be done but you have no serious interest.

1) The PSV has been out for only 4 months or so. Not many apps are available yet. Skype, Twitter, Facebook, and Netflix are good apps.

2) The theme can be changed. I have a guide stickied that will tell you how to change the theme (among other things).

(3) This decision is not up to Sony. It is up to the developer of the game to a release an update allowing remote play with the PSV. It has the ability to do so, some hackers have proved this possible, but don't blame Sony.

4) The PSP was a huge success, the GO was a failure, and thats only because they eliminated the disk-drive and made it all download-only, forcing people to re-buy all the games they had previously and not offering all the games on the PSN.

5) The Vita is the most powerful, advanced hand-held device of its time. with the use of a touchscreen, rear touchbad, ability to display graphics like no other device, Quad-core ARM8 Processor, and 5" OLED screen.

It sounds likle the vita is not for you, sir. If you do not like it, simply return it. I'd sure be happy if I got a Vita for free as a gift.

Assuming this is true, Sony should still lead the way by allowing their first party titles to be remote played. They seem to want to promote the cross play element instead, buy attempting to sell the customers 2 versions of the same game.

Message 65 of 86 (11 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13766 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Ming_Dragon wrote:

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

my wife got me one for fathers day and im not too happy with it. i get its a handheld for games but everything else feels so not worth it, (1)apps are horrible and (2)why cant i change the theme? that should be a given.. the biggest problem i have with it is that i thought (3)i would be able to remote play my ps3 games but not one of them work, its like sony added these features just to say yea it can do it we just wont let it happen. the **** thing is the price of a console! i should have a little more freedom with the thing, or is it me thats asking for to much? (4)im thinking about returning it, seems like sony is doing the same mistakes it did with the psp and psp go... if you dont intend to make it an all around thing (5) then dont half *** the other stuff just to prove a point that it can be done but you have no serious interest.

1) The PSV has been out for only 4 months or so. Not many apps are available yet. Skype, Twitter, Facebook, and Netflix are good apps.

2) The theme can be changed. I have a guide stickied that will tell you how to change the theme (among other things).

(3) This decision is not up to Sony. It is up to the developer of the game to a release an update allowing remote play with the PSV. It has the ability to do so, some hackers have proved this possible, but don't blame Sony.

4) The PSP was a huge success, the GO was a failure, and thats only because they eliminated the disk-drive and made it all download-only, forcing people to re-buy all the games they had previously and not offering all the games on the PSN.

5) The Vita is the most powerful, advanced hand-held device of its time. with the use of a touchscreen, rear touchbad, ability to display graphics like no other device, Quad-core ARM8 Processor, and 5" OLED screen.

It sounds likle the vita is not for you, sir. If you do not like it, simply return it. I'd sure be happy if I got a Vita for free as a gift.

Assuming this is true, Sony should still lead the way by allowing their first party titles to be remote played. They seem to want to promote the cross play element instead, buy attempting to sell the customers 2 versions of the same game.

Well of course.

Why would they cheat themselves out of their own money?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 66 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/18/2012
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

my wife got me the vita, " my wife".... thats not exactly " free"... so thats how things work now a days?! you have a few complaints on something just keep your mouth shut and return it!? wtf? yes i get it the vita is powerful nothing touches it on turms of games but you are only fooling your self if you dont think it half assed everything else.. apps are not a new thing, remote play is not a new thing they didnt have to reinvent the wheel. dont blame sony? so who does sony have to get permision from for its first party games??

Message 67 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/10/2011
Offline
1578 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

AAAA......................................................................................ok...........and then?

http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 68 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/18/2012
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

yes i own a vita.... apps worth having, i mean cmon welcome park, foursquare lol... pandora would have been nice but nooo it had to be sonys music unl.. and ofcourse everyone is going to be like well duh its sonys platform. apple has itunes but they dont force it on you do they..

Message 69 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/18/2012
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

no i wasnt confused i didnt think vita was going to be a phone, look at the thing! lol... i was confused in thinking that it would at the very least match my iphone and tab when it comes to functions considering sony wanted to go the app rout with vita and again the damn thing is so powerfull sony should be ashamed at those apps and the web browser, should have just left it to games instead of half assing the other stuff

Message 70 of 86 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes