MVP Support
13655 posts

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 19, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Madmartigan219 wrote:

I believe Playstation Suite, or now called Playstation Mobile will be coming to the vita, and will open it to more apps that might give you closer to the experiance you would expect. At first i was dissapointed with the lack of apps too, but the games ive been playing for it have been so great ive forgotten all about them

I don't see how you can think that, since that wasn't mentioned at all at E3.

PlayStation Mobile is simply an avenue for Sony to publish PlayStation content on qualified Android devices, something that Sony really needs to do.

Well on the floor of the E3 expo, they had a display case

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Sony-Playstation-Mobile-Devices-600x400.jpg

And the Vita is right there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Awol_Wolf wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Awol_Wolf wrote:

I don't even know where to begin with this thread.. It is so full of fail it isn't even funny.

What is even worse its up to developers NOT Sony to make the games remote playable, yet its Sony's fault.. *sighs* what is even worse, is that SONY debunked the whole 'every game will be remote playable" MONTHS before it was released in japan....... What is even worse, that people are complaining about a game being too expensive , when every handheld game dating back to the DS have been 39.99 ........

I thought Nintendo fans where pretty bad with the complaining they do, but **** every time I come to the vita forums, I am proven wrong, again and again.

don't even get me started on the Troll that is "HomieHesAKlown " saying because it was released in japan first, it should be price cut here in America.. I haven't heard such an arrogant, and ignorant comment in a long time.

and a big laugh to the whole "because Target sells it at 29.99" must mean its being price cut. LOL obviously you don't know how crap works in this world when it comes to business. Its called "hey come to our store because we will sell it 10 cheaper then others" how the HELL do you think Walmart is so **** popular? because they sell everything cheaper then most.. or Newegg.. Its how they generate customers for business. Get a clue dude seriuosly.

-------------------------

At OP , sorry that your wife got you a Vita and you don't like it, I wish I got something for father's day.. Know what I got? not a **** thing, didn't even get to see my son. Be grateful, and if you honestly don't like something free, sit down with your family and tell them you don't like it and to go get something else that you will enjoy, end of story. Then when all the price drops you guys are wanting, come, and all the features you want, that you cant wait for, come out then go rebuy it.

not trying to be a ****, but **** the ignorance in this thread is crazy.

Photobucket

I disagree, hackers were apparently able to get the Vita to remote play any PS3 game, so it seems it is up to Sony to enable this.

Battlefield 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1H28Cwb82Y

Skyrim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXd5ZQhaVyQ

I didnt say it wasnt able to play it, its obvious it can, but sony cant sit there and say "bethesda, make skyrim remote playable now" doesnt work like that, its up to bethesda to do it and allow sony to "unlock" it for remote playable. Sony doesn't own the rights to any of the games that are SOE (i belive thats what it is) so its not liek they can force every developer to allow their games to be played through remote play. I would see a big *** lawsuit against Sony if they did that.

heres the article  http://psp.ign.com/articles/121/1213821p1.html

Photobucket

I understand what you are saying, but that should also be true for PSone games, where all of those can be remote played. I doubt that Sony needed any permission from any publisher to make those titles remote play enabled...

Im telling you what Sony said.. not what I said. Im not the one that wrote the article and Im not a Sony Rep, clearly Sony knows what it has to do and the rules to it all, more then what we know.. considering none of use work for Sony.

I don't know the rules with everything, i was giving an example. Surley PS1 games arent affected due to how old they are, compared to Skyrim, BF3, MW3, etc, So I am sure contracts are out of date, etc, etc. I have no idea.. again I was stating what Sony said.

They debunked a rumor that wasn't true, and some how still people thought Vita could play all ps3 games through remote play. It is just poor research by some that are pissed it cant play ALL ps3 games.

Photobucket

Message 52 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 19, 2012

There are a lot of unknows here when it comes to Remote Play, but it certainly isn't clear if there are any rules established if PS3 games are allowed to run on a Vita. It could easily be that Sony doesn't want to enable unrestricted Remote Play, so it won't interfere with people buying dedicated Vita games...

Message 53 of 86 (17 Views)
Sackboy
621 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

There are a lot of unknows here when it comes to Remote Play, but it certainly isn't clear if there are any rules established if PS3 games are allowed to run on a Vita. It could easily be that Sony doesn't want to enable unrestricted Remote Play, so it won't interfere with people buying dedicated Vita games...

If that is honestly their reasoning, then they are pretty dumb, I would have still bought GR, and still Preordered Persona 4 for the Vita, amoung the other games I have, but who knows. Sony needs to be slapped in the face if that is their reasoning. I probably wouldnt even remote play my PS3 games considering I have my own T.V. and PS3 and I would just play them on there but I do undersand why some need it as they have bigger family, with kids and only 1 TV. I get the reasoning why people want it so bad, but Hopefully Sony isnt holding off so people buy more Vita games.

Only time will tell.

Photobucket

Message 54 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Awol_Wolf wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

If that is honestly their reasoning, then they are pretty dumb, I would have still bought GR, and still Preordered Persona 4 for the Vita, amoung the other games I have, but who knows. Sony needs to be slapped in the face if that is their reasoning. I probably wouldnt even remote play my PS3 games considering I have my own T.V. and PS3 and I would just play them on there but I do undersand why some need it as they have bigger family, with kids and only 1 TV. I get the reasoning why people want it so bad, but Hopefully Sony isnt holding off so people buy more Vita games.

Only time will tell.

Photobucket

Well it sorta makes sense.

Like, why would you buy MLB 12 The Show on the PS3 AND the Vita (for the cloud saving feature), if all you had to do was Remote play your PS3 version? You save $40 right there.

Same with Playstation All stars battle royale. There's no incentive to get BOTH versions.

Or the MGS HD collection.

If they enabled Remote Play for all the titles, they wouldn't be able to release games for BOTH PS3 and Vita, because it'd be affected.

UNLESS they decided you can only use it through private network (and not Wifi/3G)

Message 55 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jun 19, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Awol_Wolf wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Only time will tell.

Photobucket

Like, why would you buy MLB 12 The Show on the PS3 AND the Vita (for the cloud saving feature), if all you had to do was Remote play your PS3 version? You save $40 right there.

Same with Playstation All stars battle royale. There's no incentive to get BOTH versions.

If they enabled Remote Play for all the titles, they wouldn't be able to release games for BOTH PS3 and Vita, because it'd be affected.

UNLESS they decided you can only use it through private network (and not Wifi/3G)

How well does remote play work over wifi/3g?

I hear its a little laggy, if thats the case, I probalby wouldn't use it on the go if it was noticable, and rather use it on a private network (for those that cant always play their ps3 , because of family) if it was smoother. Sometimes I just like to lay in bed and play games, so if they did just private network, it wouldn't bother me as much since I wouldnt mind playing some ps3 games in my bed.

Photobucket

Message 56 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Look at all of HOMIEHESAKLOWNs posts.

The guy is a troll bashing Sony on every thread.

If youre too broke to get a vita, dont hate on people that can. And really, get a life. Youve got nothing better to do than hate on something you cant have?

To the OP, did you research the vita at all?

Compare what it does vs the psp. And youll be hard pressed to find another handheld that interacts with the ps3 like the vita...not to mention how uncharted looks. I dont think theres a hand held game in existence that looks that good.

Message 57 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Awol_Wolf wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Awol_Wolf wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Only time will tell.

Photobucket

How well does remote play work over wifi/3g?

I hear its a little laggy, if thats the case, I probalby wouldn't use it on the go if it was noticable, and rather use it on a private network (for those that cant always play their ps3 , because of family) if it was smoother. Sometimes I just like to lay in bed and play games, so if they did just private network, it wouldn't bother me as much since I wouldnt mind playing some ps3 games in my bed.

Photobucket

Well I'm just saying that maybe Sony can optimize it for Wifi.

In which case, the above situation would explain why they won't enable it over all titles.

Message 58 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Jun 19, 2012

I sense troll no? You  know nothing of what your handheld can do, and they are actually improving on their mistakes actually there making sure it does not turn into a pirated machine like the psp, and they are making sure it has physical media not like the psp go.

Message 59 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 19, 2012

it seems as if i hurt a lot of feelings cause i have a few legit complaints about vita.. im no troll i dont hate sony if i did my wife would have known better then to get me a vita. i did do some research on it and i guess all the videos i seen of remote play must of been hacked vitas and as i said thats not something i will do considering it is possible but for what ever reason sony is holding it back. im more then likely not going to return it and just cause i have complaints about it doesnt mean i should stay quiet about and simply return it. i came here for a reason and thats me hoping that a sony rep sees this and they start considering the remote play if they are not already.i am not bashing on sony or vita i guess i just expected it to take over my tab and iphone but it wont at this time. i really didnt think that most of the apps would be a protection plan or that i cant change the theme and i dont mean just the color of the background i want dynamic stuff like my ps3 considering this isnt sonys first handheld and those things have been around for some time apps and stuff i just dont understand how it can be so lacking. 

Message 60 of 86 (17 Views)
0 Likes