MVP Support
13560 posts

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 18, 2012

HomieHesAKlown wrote:

No my Marvel Vs Capcom 3 game stopped working suddenly after I got Mortal Kombat, not sure as to why because it was stored at room tempature if not cooler inside it's box.

Who knows what happen, the remote play thing though, I guess there's lag with some games if not all and that could make $ony look bad.

(As if showing it and than not supporting it does not...though there are a few supported, I played a PSX game through remoteplay with a friends PS3)

But a jailbroken ps3 is your only hope for now.

That gravity rush game seems fun but it came out during the Japan release and there's no way I'm paying $40 for a game that is realisticly old. I'll buy it when it becomes 30$.

That's pretty odd reasoning. It came out in February.

Pretty much EVERY game that comes from Japan, is "realistically old".

It won't become $30 anytime soon over here.

Halting its release? It's called translation.

Do you really expect games to come out at the same time internationally? When has that ever happened?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Not an odd reason, these companies need to be held accountable for their bad business practices, we had to wait for a name change...must not be as good as they make it appear to be.

Message 22 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13560 posts

Jun 18, 2012

HomieHesAKlown wrote:

Not an odd reason, these companies need to be held accountable for their bad business practices, we had to wait for a name change...must not be as good as they make it appear to be.

You obviously don't get how game companies work when they're across seas.

Look, for example, at the old JRPG Final Fantasy X. Was a commerical success, was released here in December 2001.

Guess when it released in Japan? July 2001. 5 months PRIOR to the US release. Does that mean it's a crappy game? Nope.

Message 23 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jun 18, 2012

HomieHesAKlown wrote:

LOL

/Facepalm

Photobucket

Message 24 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13560 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Awol_Wolf wrote:

HomieHesAKlown wrote:

LOL

/Facepalm

Photobucket

My thoughts exactly

Message 25 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

yea it was the price that turned me off too. looks like i will be waiting for a lot of price drops too, what ever im off to enjoy a psp game on my vita. sony get that remote play working for my ps3 games! asap! or im returning vita... im sure it dont matter to them.

Message 26 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13560 posts

Jun 18, 2012

wanted_in_bpt wrote:

yea it was the price that turned me off too. looks like i will be waiting for a lot of price drops too, what ever im off to enjoy a psp game on my vita. sony get that remote play working for my ps3 games! asap! or im returning vita... im sure it dont matter to them.

Really? the price?

It's $39.99 ($35.99 or whatever on PSN)

That's not even a lot. That's the same price as 3DS games. It's the same price that PSP games went for when they were new.

Same with DS games.

No one complained then. why complain now?

Message 27 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 18, 2012

That's more than it should be for a game that's not new anymore & that's the point being made. I just saw Mortal Kombat for $29.99 at target & Gravity Rush should already be at that point, but no, they halted it's release and now we get charged full price while the time it'll take for a  price cut is expanded.

So you should facepalm yourself, because you obviously do not understand. I understand what your saying & it's up to us consumers to show these companies what's up. Like with DLC, people should stop buying into that crap.

Message 28 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13560 posts

Jun 18, 2012

HomieHesAKlown wrote:

That's more than it should be for a game that's not new anymore & that's the point being made.

Again, it's a game that is released REGIONALLY.

The point I'm making, is that games take TIME to get to the US if they're made in JAPAN.

Every game that comes out in Japan that takes a few months to come out here, still is sold at the "new" price because it IS new.

Heck, if you're gonna make that claim, why is the Vita $249/$299?

Since it's not "new" either, it was release in Japan 2 months earlier.

Same with every single thing from Japan.

You know why Mortal Kombat is $29.99? It's a freakin PORT.

PORTS can be sold for less because the game was ALREADY RELEASED BEFORE.

Things cost money, you can't expect games to sell for $20 a piece, or else the devs make no money.

And when they make no money, the game quality goes down.

Message 29 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13560 posts

Jun 18, 2012

HomieHesAKlown wrote:

No, Mortal Kombat was 39.99$ when it came out but now it's old and we get a price-cut not because it's a port.

I would be more willing to except the halting release if they actually translated the game but with Gravity Rush, it's the same exact game as the Japan version. All regions get the same game but we get a name change. Stupid on there part, not even english voiceing.

That's how business works bud.

If you can't afford it right now, that's not their problem.

They know people want it, so that's what they're gonna sell it for.

And that's ONLY target. It's still $39.99 on the PSN. Retailers can give sales whenever they want to, maybe to sell more inventory. But that's not a "price cut", that's called a "sale".

Learn how pricing works buddy. If it's not the same price everywhere, it's not a price cut. It's just a store with a sale.

Just like how some retailers are giving $50 gift cards when you buy a Vita.

Message 30 of 86 (20 Views)
0 Likes