First Son
11 posts

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 18, 2012

Saddly the device has been halted by $ony, it can play games, about the same quality as an iphone4(ipod4) game at the momment. HD AAA type games, for cheap(only an idiot would say other wise, the problem? No d-pad and analog stick, but the games are there, on a non-gaming device...amazing how that works).

But good luck doing anything else with the device, movies can fail to play properly and the browser is far behind the browser on the iphone(or Ipod4) or any other device. Not sure about mp3s but I know it lacks the visualizer that even the PSP had from the start. 6 months it's been out and the only feature that's been added, is the video recording(but with 0.3mp, good luck taking pictures let alone movies). It has a mic but no voice recorder like they did with the 3k PSP...$ony?

One day though, the device may be worthy of that 250$(300$ for useless out-of-date 3G) price tag.

Message 11 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jun 18, 2012

You are no troll. Truthfully, just treat the Vita as if it were just a game system from the past. Just plays great games and thats it. Sony shouldnt have even added apps until they were 100% functional. I think they felt pressured by the community and caved. That being said, its a great game machine, that damn near rivals consoles. In time, everything will fall in to place and we will see the functionality increase to that of the portable devices it always gets compared to. In the fall, when COD and LBP release... sales will increase, which will increase game development, which will increase app development and make all cozy in the world of Vita.

Message 12 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jun 18, 2012

I believe Playstation Suite, or now called Playstation Mobile will be coming to the vita, and will open it to more apps that might give you closer to the experiance you would expect. At first i was dissapointed with the lack of apps too, but the games ive been playing for it have been so great ive forgotten all about them

Message 13 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

yea i guess thats all i can do with the vita is play great games when they come out. i was just expecting it to be more functional i just cant understand how something so powerful does so little 6 months into its life..

Message 14 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

what games you have for it? i have  mutant blob and ghost of sparta been thinking of gravity rush but idk i kinda liked the demo.. will the psp lbp work on vita?

Message 15 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

we are on the same page..i just dont get it  i know vita can shit all over any other portable device but they choose not to let it happen why? we all know apps are in so why come out with a shameful list like that? my tv has access to better apps! i dont think the big 3 will ever get the portable genre right assuming ms will do one.. they are just too xlose minded ..

Message 16 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 18, 2012

I just mean, there's no support, it took them 2 months after the Japan release to add video recording for the US launch.

Now it's been 6 months(half a year) & there's not even PS1 support(WHY? The emulator has already been made, porting it should be simple & a hacker has already ported it to the Vita...so no excuse) yet nor HTML5.

What publisher wants to make games for a company that has that type of business practice?

By the time they get with the program the device will be outdated, it's sad to see tablets and phones becoming better than an actual gaming device.

In an ever advanceing market, the last thing you want to do is put a product out there that can be updated through software & than just let it sit, expecting someone else to make the device better. They're trying to do what apple did with the iphone, appstore, so until the suite gets out of beta...there's no hope and even than, the iphone/ipod is only good once jailbroken because Apple does the same thing as $ony, they wait for ages to release new software that homebrewers have already made year(s) ago. They'll see though things like no UMD attachment is leading to the inevitable, hacked system released to the public.

Than they'll start blaming piracy again as to why the support is not there, lies, repeating the history of the PSP. They claimed they wanted to get away from the PSP...hints the name change, not looking so good.

Message 17 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 18, 2012

I have Uncharted, Mortal Kombat(they copped out on the graphics HARD! but great game after that, has everything the console version has) and Marvel Vs Capcom 3(but it stopped working, taking it back but hopfully that's not a sign to what's to come in the future). Also I rebought, Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP(6 games) but will not be buying any other PSP game ever again. I want Resistance but not at $40(the graphics are soso and the gameplay is the same, it's just on a handheld so it *kinda* gets a pass) and Uncharted for $50(never doing that again).

I want M$ to come out with a handheld, that would force $ony to step up their game. We'll find out today what M$ is up to, heard they may be coming out with their own tablet and it really looks to be better than an Ipad going off the specs.

Message 18 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

your vita stopped working? i been reading about that more on the web. ugh... what to do, just return it or get that wonderful app " protection plan" i might just return and buy it again when/ ifit becomes worth it..

if the damn thing just remote played my ps3 games i would have been very happy. i know i seen some ppl doing it online but they probably jailbroke it and im not about to do that. i been complaining more about apps but my biggest complaint is the remote play, the system can clearly do it but sony doesnt want it to and the only reason that i can come up with for that is cause sony will probably want you to buy the vita version and if thats the case sony will get the middle finger and no support.

imoany portable device in this day and age needs to be more functional than what the vita offers. yes i get its a handheld and its thing is games but if thats the case then just give me that, dont attempt to do what everyone else does half assed and expect to gget a pass cause it does games the best, in my eyeys they could have used those resources for better "gaming" features.

Message 19 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 18, 2012

No my Marvel Vs Capcom 3 game stopped working suddenly after I got Mortal Kombat, not sure as to why because it was stored at room tempature if not cooler inside it's box.

Who knows what happen, the remote play thing though, I guess there's lag with some games if not all and that could make $ony look bad.

(As if showing it and than not supporting it does not...though there are a few supported, I played a PSX game through remoteplay with a friends PS3)

But a jailbroken ps3 is your only hope for now.

That gravity rush game seems fun but it came out during the Japan release and there's no way I'm paying $40 for a game that is realisticly old.

I'll buy it when it becomes 30$ if not 20$, these companies need to be held accountable for bad business practices(why halt it's release? For a name change???)

Message 20 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes