Jun 18 2012
By: wanted_in_bpt First Son 17 posts

what exactly can the vita do?

85 replies 154 views Edited Jun 18, 2012

my wife got me one for fathers day and im not too happy with it. i get its a handheld for games but everything else feels so not worth it, apps are horrible and why cant i change the theme? that should be a given.. the biggest problem i have with it is that i thought i would be able to remote play my ps3 games but not one of them work, its like sony added these features just to say yea it can do it we just wont let it happen. the damn thing is the price of a console! i should have a little more freedom with the thing, or is it me thats asking for to much? im thinking about returning it, seems like sony is doing the same mistakes it did with the psp and psp go... if you dont intend to make it an all around thing then dont half ass the other stuff just to prove a point that it can be done but you have no serious interest.

Message 1 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8181 posts

Re: what exactly can the vita do?

Jun 18, 2012

You can change the background by holding your finger down on the touchscreen.

The Vita is still at an early stage so I'm not surprised people are saying "this can't do this" and "this needs this." It has been this way for most recent console launches (see: 3DS, PS3) and most of the features are slowly dropped in over time.

At the moment, I use it to play Rayman Origins, Skype Video Calls and internet browsing.

Welcome to the Forums.

Message 2 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 18, 2012

IMO Sony shouldn't have launched the Vita over here until this fall, because I think many of the features you are talking about may be in place by then.

IMHO the Vita is still in an extended Beta test cycle...

Message 3 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

where do i get the themes though? i would like the dynamic type themes like my ps, all this " its like a ps3 3in your pocket" seems like a huge lie, just cause it has an uncharted game doesnt make it true.. maybe im coming down hard on the thingwhile it is still new its just that theproblems i have with it should be available considering its not sonys first handheld. since when has a protection plan been an app? lol. i should have waited i have a feeling that by the time its worth having it will be cheaper and probably have another new version.. i feel so guilty letting my wife spend that kind of money when i actually enjoy my ps3 samsung galaxy tab and iphone a lot more.

Message 4 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jun 18, 2012

You can change the theme, it's obvious Vita is too complex for you. If you got a gaming handheld and expected it to be something else then LMAO.

Im sorry but i think Op is a troll, you enjoy an Ipod more? The games on ipod are trash compred to the gmes on vita.

How is it nor true? Games play identical on vita as they do PS3 really, there are already loads of games for it. Again, it's a GAME device, not a laptop or tablet, its main thing is games. If you got it to play 99 cent games or browse, then you're an idiot.

Message 5 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Jun 18, 2012

If you don't like it, return it, and quit throwing a fit like a child. It's what the mature adult would do.

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Message 6 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jun 18, 2012

A normal human would bring it back and trade it in and not cry on the forums like a baby. A sensible person researchs a device before buying, did you own a PSP? There are toonnes of great PSP games that are better on vita as well. Blame yourself for buying a GAMING handheld and expecting an ipod.

I smell a troll.

Message 7 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

so im a trol because i think the iphone does a lot more than the vita?! fvck outa here with that bs, if sony hadnt put up some bs apps i wouldnt be comparing it  to the iphone or tab sony should have waited to deliver that since its clearly not ready. and that remote play?! really! my complaints are legit! the standard has been set for apps, come hard or dont come at all. i dont enjoy the games on the iphone more but when you compare the over all perks i end up enjoying the iphone, sorry that hurts your feelings.. what games play identical? i havnt found a game that plays on both systems and the only reason why vita has a "boat load of games" is cause of the psp..

vita has 99 cent games too moron and a browser its not my fault vita does it the worst compared to others. i expected more from the vita sorry i set my bar too high for a system that costs 250, like if its my fault they tried and failed...

Message 8 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

no... a normal person would complain about it on the playstation forum then return it.. it was a gift, yes i have psp  all my games are on umd and as you know vita doesnt have a umd drive.. i did buy ghost of sparta though since i never played it..

and to the idiot above you i didnt expect it to be an iphone but if ypur going to try and do iphone things then do it right! the ground has been set

Message 9 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

what do you mean by halted? i just dont get how sony could have still fvcked this up..

Message 10 of 86 (154 Views)
0 Likes