Nov 09 2012
By: Kali_boiz_4life Sackboy 484 posts

what are some ways to fix ps3 ylod?

6 replies 98 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

I have this ps3 that ylod. I reflow it and it works. Then after a week, it started freezing during gameplay. Then it ylod again. I try another reflow but this time it doesnt work. After trying about 3 reflows, and still ylod, i gave up. Anyone know any other fix for the ylod beside reflow and reball? I dont have the money to get it reball. I need a DIY fix.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: what are some ways to fix ps3 ylod?

Nov 9, 2012
Sorry but there isn't any other way that I know of...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
484 posts

Nov 9, 2012

its cool. I hate these fat models, have 2 that ylod already. Only thing good about them is they are the only BC models and they look better that the slims imo.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

Freeze it for about 50 years and then thaw it out and hopefully there is a cure by then..I'm going to do that with my brain as well.

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

A reflow is a band-aid fix..... and its a GUARANTEE that it will YLOD in just a few hours, days, weeks or months.... its inevitable with a Reflow.

The only PROMISING fix for a YLOD is a reball, and that is a bit on the expensive side BUT it is a permanent fix.... and if you go with someone like Endless Electronics, you can buy a Lifetime YLOD warranty for a few bucks more and have a bulletproof PS3. Still cheaper tha buying a new PS3 or a used PS3 with unknown history

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
484 posts

Nov 9, 2012

yes, but the thing is i dont have a job so cant fork out $135 for the repair. I added the diagnose, shipping, and repair, total is $135.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Then you are SOL until you can afford the proper repair or sell some stuff that you no longer need or use to help pay for it.

Otherwise, for every time you perform the reflow, it will only get worse until it will no longer work

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (57 Views)
0 Likes