Dec 10 2012
By: MAGtrail_now_MAG Lombax Warrior 126 posts

what about deals & discounts? + Suggestions to improve the service

9 replies 267 views Edited Dec 10, 2012

EU has 12 Deals for December include

=============
Deal 5: Sleeping Dogs (67% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84).

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members
===============

we want GOOD discounts for RECENT and HIGH QUALITY retailer games. 

Some suggestions to resolve the GAP between EU+ & US+ services
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-

If it is licence problem, try to provide us with games produced by << Sony America >>.

2-

If the extra << 15$/year paid for EU+ >> is the reason for this GAP, u can increase US+ service by 15$ and give us good service like EU+ (u can do poll in this if needed)

Please, provide us with content that make US+ unique and achieve competitive advantage

Message 1 of 10 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34167 posts

Re: what about deals & discounts? + Suggestions to improve the service

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

MAGtrail_now_MAG wrote:

=============

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84).

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members
===============

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-

If it is licence problem, try to provide us with games produced by << Sony America >>.

2-

If the extra << 15$/year paid for EU+ >> is the reason for this GAP, u can increase US+ service by 15$ and give us good service like EU+ (u can do poll in this if needed)

Please, provide us with content that make US+ unique and achieve competitive advantage

Your correct,  the UK/EU 1 year membership Subscription to PS Plus is £39.99, at the current exchange rate that equates roughly to $64.29, around $15.00 more than the $49.99 we pay now.

I'm not interested in paying an extra $15.00 a month, I'm pretty happy with the Plus service for the US, perfect no, but good, yes.

Message 2 of 10 (253 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5435 posts

Dec 11, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

MAGtrail_now_MAG wrote:

=============

===============

1-

2-

Actually the UK/EU 1 year mmembership Subscription to PS Plus is £39.99, at the current exchange rate that equates roughly to $64.29, some $5.00 less than the $59.00 we pay now.

I'm not sure what you're saying here :smileyfrustrated:. $64.29 is $5 more than $59, but where did $59 come from anyway?

Message 3 of 10 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34167 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Sorry JERM, my bad, i edited my original post!

Message 4 of 10 (219 Views)
MVP Support
5435 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I agree with you; I would not be interested in paying more for the service.  I am happy with what it is and if the games were "better" (which is subjective anyway), there's a better chance I already own them.  I do buy a lot of games and I'm not interested in wasting more money for each game from PS+ that I already own :smileytongue:.

Message 5 of 10 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

I just wrote about this in another thread.lol. I wish they did give out more discounts. Alot of the lesser known titles or titles that haven't sold as well should be discounted heavly. I wasn't able to buy Sleeping dogs from a retail store when they were selling it for black friday at muliple places due to working all black friday. But i would of purchased it in a second if PSN had offered a drastic price slash for playstation plus subscribers. Also who does the pricing for their downloading titles because it just doesn't make sense to me to download a game vs going to the store when alot of the titles in the store are overpriced.

Message 6 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 11, 2012
The issue with the PS Store is that Sony manages it. Instead of them having it open to all developers and publishers it's closed so they can't add content, or change prices when they please.

I'm thinking with the new web store releasing for view on our desktops, developers will have their own control panel when signing in. Through that control panel they can manage all the games they've published, to change prices, add content, remove content, all at will. That can make developers reliable for their content, and make them have to answer for any issues instead of Sony taking heat for something being delayed, or being removed. That can even open a window for easier refunds, direct from the developers. It'll be an open market like Google Play, App Store, etc.

A lot of possibilities and dreams.. -_-
Message 7 of 10 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 11, 2012
If sony actually implemented that. That would be genius.
Message 8 of 10 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

yeah why the hell dont we get 12 days of xmas--- o wait thats right--- cant offend non christians here in the good ol USA-- its ok to offend them in Europe though. god forgive us all if sony did something and called it for xmas here in the states. over here we do this happy holidays **bleep**. F THAT its merry christhmas!!!!!! americans get butt hurt way to easily

ok that rant really aint against sony-- alot of companies in the us does this happy holidays garbage

so where is our 12 days of happy holidays sale

Message 9 of 10 (163 Views)
Shinra Executive
34167 posts

Dec 11, 2012

jpbslayer wrote:

yeah why the hell dont we get 12 days of xmas--- o wait thats right--- cant offend non christians here in the good ol USA-- its ok to offend them in Europe though. god forgive us all if sony did something and called it for xmas here in the states. over here we do this happy holidays **bleep**. F THAT its merry christhmas!!!!!! americans get butt hurt way to easily

ok that rant really aint against sony-- alot of companies in the us does this happy holidays garbage

so where is our 12 days of happy holidays sale

Well said sir.

Message 10 of 10 (146 Views)