Nov 17 2012
By: GamerJon92 Uncharted Territory 1422 posts

well sony ever release a playstation sdk

4 replies 112 views Edited Nov 17, 2012
So ppl can make and upload games I know the psn would be full of used made stuff but just make a indie game section of homemade games section.ppl make Xbox games.
Message 1 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Re: well sony ever release a playstation sdk

Nov 17, 2012

If they haven't by now, then probably not. And after the break in, I doubt they will put development tools into the public domain. 

Message 2 of 5 (110 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8196 posts

Nov 17, 2012
LittleBigPlanet2 and LBP PSVita has it's own programming SDK of sorts.
Message 3 of 5 (103 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

You can have a dev kit...... it'll cost you the price of a low-end, old, used Mercedes, that means $10k. Plus all the other costs associated with being an indie developers and recognized by Sony as such.

Of if you want to program for the PS4..... you can save up your money for the $30k+ when Sony releases dev tools to the public(based on the previous dev tools Sony has made available for the PS2Tool and PS3Tool for those seriously interested in game programming)

Or, you can go to one of the colleges that Sony has donated a few Dev kits to college campuses.  

*Edit* link to said article about it. its an old article, but you should look into it.
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/scee-rd-reveals-ps3-dev-kit-designed-for-academic-use.html

Also, There is a PS3 Move software dev kit thingy you can buy on the Store for $99. Just to get started.

Microsoft briefly did this with the 360..... I'm not sure if that program is still available. But from what I've seen on a limited scale, the results aren't as good as full dev kit.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Nov 17, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You can have a dev kit...... it'll cost you the price of a low-end, old, used Mercedes, that means $10k. Plus all the other costs associated with being an indie developers and recognized by Sony as such.

Of if you want to program for the PS4..... you can save up your money for the $30k+ when Sony releases dev tools to the public(based on the previous dev tools Sony has made available for the PS2Tool and PS3Tool for those seriously interested in game programming)

Or, you can go to one of the colleges that Sony has donated a few Dev kits to college campuses.  

*Edit* link to said article about it. its an old article, but you should look into it.
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/scee-rd-reveals-ps3-dev-kit-designed-for-academic-use.html

Also, There is a PS3 Move software dev kit thingy you can buy on the Store for $99. Just to get started.

Microsoft briefly did this with the 360..... I'm not sure if that program is still available. But from what I've seen on a limited scale, the results aren't as good as full dev kit.

It's still available, but it's mostly used for games like rFactor and GTR2. 

Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)
0 Likes