Sep 15 2013
By: Deadly_Rabbit123 Uncharted Territory 1873 posts

vita tv question

2 replies 117 views Edited Sep 15, 2013

I may get a vita TV. My question is tho, would we be able to use the ps3 remote  media remote on the vita TV? I watch a lot of movies on my ps3. Just wondering if it would be supported. I'd use my vita TV for remote streaming ps4 and for netflix

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4115 posts

Re: vita tv question

Sep 15, 2013

It's not available anywhere yet, don't know that the Media Remote has been mentioned at all.

The way the remote works, so far, is with a PS3 you register the remote, with Sony TV's it plain works to control certain things out of the box. You can have control of other TV's and AMPS using the remote codes for those devices to tie the Media Remote to using those devices.

The Media Remote only has PS3 AMP and TV selection buttons. FWIW

To have it work with PS Vita TV it might be something they'll do; or they'll introduce a new Media Remote in the future, which is my favored guess.

Message 2 of 3 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: vita tv question

Sep 15, 2013

I am sure we will know in the coming months for sure. My guess would also be a new remote to come out that controls everything from PS4/3, vita tv and Sony tvs. That is just a guess, but with new hardware coming like the PS4 and Vita tv, it would be easy to make a new controller around the time of those items release and make allot of money.

Message 3 of 3 (86 Views)
0 Likes