Dec 27 2012
By: carneyguy Sackboy 499 posts

vita public conection

5 replies 2260 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

Ihave prblem with public conections are they only open to certain things. I can go on line and search the internet but i cant sign into my psn acount gives me errors.i have asked this before whats the deal please help. if i cant use the vita outside then their is no point. i was able to do this with the psp until it started to act up.whats going on. locations gfs house, panera bread, oil changer, subway,taco bell, mc ds. all open conections. Whats up help...

error codes cant find them on line.

cs-14974-5 had this four times

nw-3158-7  one time

c2-10962-8 one time

c2-13240-0 one time

c2-14941-9 one time

Message 1 of 6 (2,260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7190 posts

Re: vita public conection

Dec 27, 2012

Yeah I don't know what's up either. When I'm out, I try and use Near. I can grab a lot of locations. Then, when I get home onto my stable connection, all the locations get sent. However, I was at the airport the other day, and there was free Wifi. It would not let me use Near, had some error code.

Message 2 of 6 (2,251 Views)
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Dec 30, 2012

The exact same thing has happened with me.

I have some updates for my games that are showing up, but can't download them.

It says that the download has failed.

I can use the browser and Email with no problems at all.

This has been happening at the numerous public Wifi hotspots that I've tried.

Kalas5525

Message 3 of 6 (2,217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Re: vita public connection

Jan 2, 2013

I've found a fix sort of...

On a public wifi connection, there's often a disclaimer usually that you have to acknowledge and/or agree before you can use it.   

On these type of wifi spots, I have problems like I stated in my previous post.

On a wifi connection without the disclaimer showing up (like a personal wifi connection), I have no problems whatsoever.

This is what I'm seeing, and experiencing when trying to connect on different Wifi Hotspots.

Kalas5525

Message 4 of 6 (2,183 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
796 posts

its not any problems with the vita, its the public connec...

Jan 2, 2013

its not any problems with the vita, its the public connections. the people who own the connection put limits on what u can do. where i live there are a few wifi spots that i can do everything like i would at home. there are some other places where i cant sign in to psn cause the owners of the net has it locked. they can stop other programs like near and skype from running on their wifi. same goes for websites, some places only lets surf certian sites . Also keep in mind if ur using pubilc wifi becarefull of using ur email and passwords.  people who has the wifi connection can see what ur doing. 

so keep this in mind it is not the vita but the connection your using.

Message 5 of 6 (2,176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Jan 4, 2013

carneyguy wrote:

Ihave prblem with public conections are they only open to certain things. I can go on line and search the internet but i cant sign into my psn acount gives me errors.i have asked this before whats the deal please help. if i cant use the vita outside then their is no point. i was able to do this with the psp until it started to act up.whats going on. locations gfs house, panera bread, oil changer, subway,taco bell, mc ds. all open conections. Whats up help...

error codes cant find them on line.

cs-14974-5 had this four times

nw-3158-7  one time

c2-10962-8 one time

c2-13240-0 one time

c2-14941-9 one time

If you use public WiFi most of the time after you connect in your wifi settings you need to go to your web browser and load any page. If the service requires you to log in you will be redirected to the log in page. Just enter the info they want and agree to the disclaimer and you are usually good to go. But some times for whatever reason the log in page re-loads and won't accept the info. When I'm staying at hotels and this happens there is usually a phone number to call for help. They will add your Mac address and you can bypass the log in page. Works just like you are at home. I've had to do this for my vita as well as a ps3.

Message 6 of 6 (2,128 Views)
0 Likes