Jul 07 2008
By: laserprinter Lombax Warrior 105 posts

using US PSN in South Korea RANT!!

6 replies 2892 views Edited Jul 7, 2008
Seeking immediate fix/sympathy/someone with a similar experience... I bought a ps3 in south korea.. no problem. online is a whole new story. 1 the korea network is only available in korean so i can't read it hence i have joined the canada/us network. 2 the information board on the xmb is in korean 3 the games i join are hosted in north america so i lag out or get kicked, unplayable 4 if they added english to the korea network i would have to make a new profile to join 5 korea won't give me a credit card, i know it's my problem but the alternative are the lucrative alleged psn cards. you have to buy cards specific for the network you will use it for; if i could find a psn card (the Sony stores in korea don't even have ps3's) it would have to be for the us network. this completes my rant. please comment. i posted this using the ps3 browser, please forgive my punctuation.
MGS4,RBSV2,Marvel Ultimate Alliance,Superstardust,Flow,Pixeljunk Monsters,Battlefield Bad Company, GTAIV
Message 1 of 7 (2,892 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: using US PSN in South Korea RANT!!

May 28, 2010

You can have multiple playsattion network accounts on the same playstation, I have a UK, US, japan, and Korean account. If you can get a Korean friend to sign you up for the Korean network you can buy PSN cards for credits to purchase things from it. If you need to buy US games cos you only have access to the US store try www.play-asia.com its an excellent site that sells japan, US, Krean and China versions of PS3 games. Only download content is regionalised. Don't expect the Korean network to be in English because it's the Korean PSN and English is not the Korean language. All the best.

Message 2 of 7 (2,892 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Yeah dude i feel you. I live in Korea and i have to say that everything in Korea is completely non-foreigner friendly. It seems like everything in Korea really is set up to screw over foreigners and the things that are make no sense and on practical level dont work. But its the korean way and it unfortunately will be like this for a long time.

Message 3 of 7 (2,892 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jul 9, 2010
Where you got the PS3 does not matter where the account is from does

Also it depends on the game as to what servers you join.

PSN cards can be found online with people emailing you the code.

Bad thing about imports if they are from asia often it not in english >_>
Wants Timesplitters 4 Smiley Sad *11-25-2010 Time Splitter rank Smiley Very Happy *
Get your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 7 (2,892 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 31, 2011

do you know a good site to buy psn network cards? thanks

Message 5 of 7 (2,892 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41797 posts

Sep 1, 2011

theboytorres2010 wrote:

do you know a good site to buy psn network cards? thanks

Google is going to be your friend here.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 7 (2,892 Views)
MVP Support
7424 posts

Sep 1, 2011

Amazon sells codes.

Message 7 of 7 (2,892 Views)
0 Likes