Mar 01 2011
By: l2gauge_Facelift First Son 2 posts

username change

3 replies 289 views Edited Mar 1, 2011

I've been wanting to change my psn username for a while now but i don't want to lose all my trophies and downloads. so i read some other topics on here on the same subject and they said if i did happen to change my username than it'd have to be on a sub account and i couldn't keep my trophies and downloads. so i came up with an idea. what if i made an account on my friends playstation and also made a new account on my playstation. got an ethernet cable and connected it from my ps3 to my friends ps3, transfered my info and trophies etc to my friends new account than made my new username on my new account and transfered that info back to my ps3. would there be a possibility that, that would work?

Message 1 of 4 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Re: username change

Mar 1, 2011

nope

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Mar 1, 2011

l2gauge_Facelift wrote:

I've been wanting to change my psn username for a while now

Make a new account.

Better Name > Trophies

Photobucket
Message 3 of 4 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 1, 2011

l2gauge_Facelift wrote:

I've been wanting to change my psn username for a while now but i don't want to lose all my trophies and downloads. so i read some other topics on here on the same subject and they said if i did happen to change my username than it'd have to be on a sub account and i couldn't keep my trophies and downloads. so i came up with an idea. what if i made an account on my friends playstation and also made a new account on my playstation. got an ethernet cable and connected it from my ps3 to my friends ps3, transfered my info and trophies etc to my friends new account than made my new username on my new account and transfered that info back to my ps3. would there be a possibility that, that would work?

The PS3's Backup and Data Transfer utilities do not transfer trophies.

The Backup Utility backs up a PS3 and restores the backup to the same PS3.  Same accounts, same data, purchases are linked to the account that purchased them, and trophies are linked to the account that earned them. And gamesaves are linked as well.

The Data Transfer Utility transfers everything from one PS3 to another PS3, but in order for it to work, you have to use the same account that is on the original PS3.  Trophies aren't transferred.  Purchases get transferred, but the licenses that get transferred as well are linked to the purchasing account, you have to keep using that account in order to keep using the purchased content.

You just cannot transfer trophies and purchases to another account.  If you do not want to start from zero with trophies, then you have to keep using the same PSN ID.

Message 4 of 4 (289 Views)
0 Likes