Highlighted
Mar 13 2011
By: his_voidness Splicer 59 posts

used psp go, format it?

6 replies 1681 views Edited Mar 13, 2011

I got a used psp go at the gamestop. $99. I'll buy for that.

It had stuff on it and no manual. It took me a while to figure out why there were only 4800 megs available. There were a bunch of games and music on it which are not apparent from the interface. No way to make the games show up under that column without clicking 'system storage'?

I did a 'restore defaults' in system.

I've formatted the system storage and logged in to my psnetwork account. Bought pacman.

The games that came on it would run. It seems that I need to wipe it somehow and activate it as my own.

The method of doing this is not obvious.

How do I force this thing to reset everything so I can do a setup as if it were new?

Hey, I sure do not like the new forum setup. I cannot find a tree of forum discussions.

Message 1 of 7 (1,681 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: used psp go, format it?

Mar 14, 2011

Okay you have to go to system settings and click on restore default settings o completely erase everything and reboot I as though you just got it out of the box and new.

Message 2 of 7 (1,681 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1321 posts

Mar 14, 2011

After you log into the account you want, activate it in Account Management.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7 (1,681 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Mar 14, 2011

Backup your PSN games before reformatting it. Then go to System Settings > Format that would erase all data on the Storage Device. Then select Restore Default Settings

Message 4 of 7 (1,681 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 14, 2011

his_voidness wrote:

It had stuff on it and no manual. It took me a while to figure out why there were only 4800 megs available. There were a bunch of games and music on it which are not apparent from the interface. No way to make the games show up under that column without clicking 'system storage'?

I've formatted the system storage and logged in to my psnetwork account. Bought pacman.

The games that came on it would run. It seems that I need to wipe it somehow and activate it as my own.

How do I force this thing to reset everything so I can do a setup as if it were new?

Hey, I sure do not like the new forum setup. I cannot find a tree of forum discussions.

You need to go to the icon on the XMB for PSN account management, Highlight it and press triangle then choose delete. This will remove the account from the PSP and you can then use the same icon (that has now changed to "create account" to sign into your PSN account and download any games that you have in your PSN store download list.

This will make the games that are on there unplayable as they are licensed for the old account, if you want to format the system storage before you start any of this process you can, that will remove any extra files you do not want from the PSPgo.

Message 5 of 7 (1,681 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Mar 17, 2011

his_voidness wrote:

That is really poor form on their part.  Selling you a system with old data on it is not acceptable, no matter the price.  They should have cleared the system for you prior to making the sale.

Message 6 of 7 (1,681 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 24, 2011

Agreed. Their policy states that they are to be formatted before being resold. Imagine the potential identity theft....

Current PSP Collection:

Ape Escape - ATV Offroad Fury - Coded Arms - Dead to Rights Reckoning - Death Jr.
Dynasty Warriors - Gretzky NHL - Hot Shots Golf - Midnight Club 3 - MLB - Namco Museum
NBA - NFSU: Rivals - Rengoku - Twisted Metal - Untold Legends

Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth - Final Fantasy: Spirits Within - Hellboy - Once Upon A Time In Mexico - Sin City - Spider-Man 2 (pack-in) - Starship Troopers - Tron
Message 7 of 7 (1,681 Views)
0 Likes