Apr 18 2011
By: Screaminfoetus First Son 3 posts

upload save data with playtastion + account

3 replies 25 views Edited Apr 18, 2011

Hi,someone can tell me why sony had to put that stupid rule of 24 hours minimum before being able to download save date online after uploaded 'em with the playstation + account?? i have 2 ps3 ,one is at my job and the other at home so when i leave my job i always upload my save(those which are protected) but since its 24 hours i cant even use them...useful

Message 1 of 4 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Re: upload save data with playtastion + account

Apr 18, 2011

It is annoying but it's the devs decision to copy-protect saves. The 24 hours is probably a compromise so we can copy the saves to Online Storage but also restricting them in some way. Sony shouldn't even allow copy-protect saves because it is inconvenient.

Message 2 of 4 (25 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I've been messing around with the feature more myself. But I've noticed that I don't see the 24 hour wait period on most games. Are you referring to the copy-protected games only? For some reason, the games I've been playing don't have the copy-protection so that's probably it.

Needless to say, it's a new feature, so we're always listening to feedback on it.

Message 3 of 4 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Yeah not many games use copy-protect, it basically prevents you from copying the save other than to the Online Storage feature. OS is great and the 24 hours is reasonable. Fat Princess, Heavy Rain, A Creed 2 and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light are some that use copy-protected saves.

Message 4 of 4 (25 Views)
0 Likes