Fender Bender
3797 posts

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
@RatchetGUNSman
Be glad that I get to keep playing games like they always have been and always should be? That's the type of thinking that confuses me.
Why should I be glad that Sony didn't dive head first off a cliff and alienate their customers and fanbase like M$?

All M$ did was do what Sony did back when PS3 launched. Back then Sony's ego was so big that they thought they could charge $600 for a console and win. They learned the hard way that you can't make people do what you want just cuz you want them to. Microsoft just did the same thing at E3 and learned the hard way. If M$ hadn't f***ed up, Sony probably wouldn't be charging for online right now, but because they did, they think people will automatically go along with whatever because Xbox isn't really an option for people right now. Nintendo? They're doing ok right now, but they're hardly in contention for Sony's spot. PC is really the only other option.

I'd like nothing more than to walk into gamestop on the day of release, Hand them $600 bucks, and walk out with a PS4, BF4, and a few other games. BUT, that isn't gonna happen for now. Let them decide which is better, my $400 for the console, or the $250 bucks I'd have to pay for PS+.
(Btw people who haven't been reading much, Sony has increased their internal sales projections. They are getting WAY more preorders than they originally thought. Demand is almost beating supply right now.) so ask yourselves guys...do they REALLY need the extra $50 a year? Or is it just a greedy hand grabbing at your wallet because it can?
Don't get all mad and reply right away, SERIOUSLY think about that last part. Do they REALLY need the extra few bucks to upgrade servers and stuff? Or are they just doing it because they want more money?

Corporations- 1 inch, they want a mile. It's how EVERYTHING starts. Pop out a history book if you don't believe me.

I'm not getting mad. Corporate greed is bad, I get it. I'm not probably going to buy a PS4 right off the bat. You can keep questioning and building paranoia about the subject but it won't change anything. Microsoft went off the deep end, and I really think Playstation would have started charging for online even if Microsoft did well.

Do what you want with your money, I trust Sony with mine.

Message 71 of 118 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5221 posts

Jun 14, 2013

@ Pol

You are correct. Sony should not be praised as heros for their stance on used games and internet checks. They didn't do anything special. They just chose not to make a bad decision like Microsoft.

IMO, Xbox live was worth it when the consoles first launched. I preferred mutliplayer gaming on the 360 with my friends, and felt it was a better experience overall. Sony network got better and better over the years, and I soon found Live wasn't worth anymore. I don't believe PS3 multiplayer is paying for either. After seeing some of the online features for PS4, I believe mutliplayer gming is worth paying for on the PS4. If Microsft released the same feature, I would say the same thing. 

It all comes down to each persons opinion on value. Are better servers, and a better online experiance worth $50/year ? IMO, yes they are. 

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 72 of 118 (81 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5221 posts

Jun 14, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
@RatchetGUNSman
Be glad that I get to keep playing games like they always have been and always should be? That's the type of thinking that confuses me.
Why should I be glad that Sony didn't dive head first off a cliff and alienate their customers and fanbase like M$?

All M$ did was do what Sony did back when PS3 launched. Back then Sony's ego was so big that they thought they could charge $600 for a console and win. They learned the hard way that you can't make people do what you want just cuz you want them to. Microsoft just did the same thing at E3 and learned the hard way. If M$ hadn't f***ed up, Sony probably wouldn't be charging for online right now, but because they did, they think people will automatically go along with whatever because Xbox isn't really an option for people right now. Nintendo? They're doing ok right now, but they're hardly in contention for Sony's spot. PC is really the only other option.

I'd like nothing more than to walk into gamestop on the day of release, Hand them $600 bucks, and walk out with a PS4, BF4, and a few other games. BUT, that isn't gonna happen for now. Let them decide which is better, my $400 for the console, or the $250 bucks I'd have to pay for PS+.
(Btw people who haven't been reading much, Sony has increased their internal sales projections. They are getting WAY more preorders than they originally thought. Demand is almost beating supply right now.) so ask yourselves guys...do they REALLY need the extra $50 a year? Or is it just a greedy hand grabbing at your wallet because it can?
Don't get all mad and reply right away, SERIOUSLY think about that last part. Do they REALLY need the extra few bucks to upgrade servers and stuff? Or are they just doing it because they want more money?

Corporations- 1 inch, they want a mile. It's how EVERYTHING starts. Pop out a history book if you don't believe me.

How much money do you think Sony makes on console sales? They had to sell PS3 at a loss for a long time. 

Live Chat
Message 73 of 118 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

@ Pol

You are correct. Sony should not be praised as heros for their stance on used games and internet checks. They didn't do anything special. They just chose not to make a bad decision like Microsoft.

IMO, Xbox live was worth it when the consoles first launched. I preferred mutliplayer gaming on the 360 with my friends, and felt it was a better experience overall. Sony network got better and better over the years, and I soon found Live wasn't worth anymore. I don't believe PS3 multiplayer is paying for either. After seeing some of the online features for PS4, I believe mutliplayer gming is worth paying for on the PS4. If Microsft released the same feature, I would say the same thing. 

It all comes down to each persons opinion on value. Are better servers, and a better online experiance worth $50/year ? IMO, yes they are. 

As a further slap to Microsoft, that is still cheaper than Xbox Live.

Message 74 of 118 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
That's the PS3 tho that they had to sell at a loss (mainly due to adding the hardware that allowed backwards compatability). Which is why they can sell PS3 at $250 now, and $300 earlier on.

PS4 doesn't have backwards compatability, which means the hardware is cheaper than the original PS3. No matter what the profit, even if its only $50 is pretty good. Add that onto the fact the M$ f**ked up HUGE and a ton of people are defecting to PS4 this time, that preorders (which are basically sales) are skyrocketing WAYYY beyond Sony's initial projections, and you have a TON of profit.

Lets say little billy down the street is having a lemonade stand sale he's selling 50 cents a cup. Costs him $3 to make a pitcher.
I decide I'm gonna make a lemonade stand using my grandmothers soecial recipe, which allows me to make a pitcher at only $2 per pitcher. I decide I'm gonna sell my cups for 25 cents a piece. Then I tell people "hey everybody, billy spits in the pitcher before he sells it". Then ALL of Billy's customers, along with my customers, are in line at my stand. I'm selling Lemonade faster than my mother can make it. I'm filling up jars full of quarters left and right. I'm making a TON of profit due to the fact I can make my lemonade $1 cheaper than the other guy, and plus I took all his customers.

Then a car comes along and hits me and I die. The end. (Not how you expected that to end huh). Lol.

Anyways, that's how Sony is doing right now. They're filling up jars if quarters WAY faster and earning way more than they thought (before they added PS+ fees to covers their a**es). So, they don't need our extra $5. When people start seeing that, maybe they will take a stand. Sony wont be so hard fought on making people pay if they don't have to.
Message 75 of 118 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
@RatchetGUNSman

Oh, I didn't mean just you when I said "don't get mad". I meant that in general to everybody who read it. I probably should have spaced out my paragraphs so it wouldn't be as confusing.
My bad.
Message 76 of 118 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

gatorman865 wrote:

No one is forcing you to buy/do anything. It's your choice if you want to play multiplayer on PS4 or not. You can still do everything for free, except play multiplayer on some games. Some developers aren't requiring PS+ to play their multiplayer. If you don't like it, don't get it. Whinning about it on a forum isn't gonna make them change it

gator whining I don't think so. Just trying to inform what few there are that is not a good idea. Just like micorsoft we do have a choice of either to get it or not. Personally my love for the sony brand has kept me here fighting for what I feel is right. But you are right...

Message 77 of 118 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
@uh--uh I'm on your side. I'm not agreeing with multiplayer charges at all. The "less informed" people I was talking about are the ones who say "you aren't forced, just play single player". Saying "either pay this, or were taking away your ability to play with friends like you always have been for free". It's FORCING me to either pay them what they want, to continue doing what I have been doing for free, and pay for features that i never asked for or will use, or sit in a dark corner by myself and play Fallout over and over.

Now, somebody explain how that's not terrible business. Don't give me that "they need money to keep the servers blah blah". I mean a real reason. They can make side cash in a slew of different ways, but they choose to restrict their system and make you pay for it.
Besides, aside from their 1st party games, they don't have much to do with servers.

Pol my bad. So many jumped on me felt like IM fighting a war..lol Yeah its a sad day. Now what is where I am at? I know IM not getting the ps4 unless something changes. But where does that leave me and others? What to do, what to do? LOL Guess BBQ more and hang with friends like we used to do in the old days.

So maybe this is a blessing. Spend more time in the real world with real people ....LOL

Message 78 of 118 (58 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5221 posts

Jun 14, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
That's the PS3 tho that they had to sell at a loss (mainly due to adding the hardware that allowed backwards compatability). Which is why they can sell PS3 at $250 now, and $300 earlier on.

PS4 doesn't have backwards compatability, which means the hardware is cheaper than the original PS3. No matter what the profit, even if its only $50 is pretty good. Add that onto the fact the M$ f**ked up HUGE and a ton of people are defecting to PS4 this time, that preorders (which are basically sales) are skyrocketing WAYYY beyond Sony's initial projections, and you have a TON of profit.

Lets say little billy down the street is having a lemonade stand sale he's selling 50 cents a cup. Costs him $3 to make a pitcher.
I decide I'm gonna make a lemonade stand using my grandmothers soecial recipe, which allows me to make a pitcher at only $2 per pitcher. I decide I'm gonna sell my cups for 25 cents a piece. Then I tell people "hey everybody, billy spits in the pitcher before he sells it". Then ALL of Billy's customers, along with my customers, are in line at my stand. I'm selling Lemonade faster than my mother can make it. I'm filling up jars full of quarters left and right. I'm making a TON of profit due to the fact I can make my lemonade $1 cheaper than the other guy, and plus I took all his customers.

Then a car comes along and hits me and I die. The end. (Not how you expected that to end huh). Lol.

Anyways, that's how Sony is doing right now. They're filling up jars if quarters WAY faster and earning way more than they thought (before they added PS+ fees to covers their a**es). So, they don't need our extra $5. When people start seeing that, maybe they will take a stand. Sony wont be so hard fought on making people pay if they don't have to.

Do you know for a fact that Sony isn't taking a loss on the PS4 sales? The xbox 360 sold at loss as well, and it wasn't backwards compatible  at launch. I'm pretty sure the Xbox One will sell at a loss as well. Sony and Microsoft make little to no money on console sales.

Every console launch exceeds expectations, and every console has short supplies. 

BTW, I know I can't/won't change your mind on anything we've discussed, I'm just enjoying a civil debate having for once.

Live Chat
Message 79 of 118 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jun 14, 2013
oh boy...
Message 80 of 118 (56 Views)
0 Likes