Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013

they would not be able to sell the PS4 at 499. thats why they decided to make PS plus mandatory for multiplayer. you can still use PS store if you not a plus. just cant play online. i think its fair whats not fair is that they made VITA memory cards so expensive in other to make some profits. still no price cut or anything. SONY, what are you doing ? im looking forward to gamescom.you said almost everything about PS4, now its vita time. i know some of my friends thats not gonna get the PS4 because of that but they gonna have to accept that eventually.

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 61 of 118 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
@uh--uh I'm on your side. I'm not agreeing with multiplayer charges at all. The "less informed" people I was talking about are the ones who say "you aren't forced, just play single player". Saying "either pay this, or were taking away your ability to play with friends like you always have been for free". It's FORCING me to either pay them what they want, to continue doing what I have been doing for free, and pay for features that i never asked for or will use, or sit in a dark corner by myself and play Fallout over and over.

Now, somebody explain how that's not terrible business. Don't give me that "they need money to keep the servers blah blah". I mean a real reason. They can make side cash in a slew of different ways, but they choose to restrict their system and make you pay for it.
Besides, aside from their 1st party games, they don't have much to do with servers.
Message 62 of 118 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
601 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Yea I know its a kick in the tush about them saying that we need Playstation Plus to play online, but in my eyes I can't see that as a punishment. PS + has paid me back so much in playable games that I no longer see it as a hinderance.

I mean within a year I would buy at least 1 retail title from a brick and mortar store, and seeing its only 50 bucks for the year well there you go.

Im sure EVERYONE here has bought a 60 dollar game at some point. I also see that this is how they undercut Microsoft.

So I have to think the positive on this.

Message 63 of 118 (115 Views)
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jun 14, 2013

OP, please grab a dictionary. Reading your posts is like deciphering a code. Also, no one said the "PSN will always be free". It happens to be on every Playstation except 4. I don't like it, but at least + gives you your money's worth.

photo 2224291_zps9f29b322.jpg
This is mah signature. It is a noice signature.
Message 64 of 118 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJEghtKQyLo

I agree with this guy 100%. Why is everybody praising Sony for doing what they should have done by not including DRM and Online only modes. The fact that Microsoft F***ed up so bad, made Sony look like a friggin god. All Sony did was do the normal thing, M$ tried to impose all this terrible stuff, and Sony sat back and went "no, nope I don't like that...or that".

Message 65 of 118 (109 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5645 posts

Jun 14, 2013
@pol
Sony is giving you choice to pay for multiplayer or not. You just don't like those choices. Sony employees are not coming to your house and forcing you to input your credit card info to buy Plus. The "uniformed", as you say, simply have a better understand of what force means.
Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 66 of 118 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Just be glad you have a choice to play games online unlike Xbox. The PS+ price ($50 right?) is not bad, and will continue to show as Sony upgrades PSN.

Message 67 of 118 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Forc ed, forc ing, forc es
1. To compel through pressure or necessity.

....I think I understand exactly what force means. So does Dictionary.com. (Not trying to be a smarta**, just proving my point).

Sony has done nothing special, yet we are praising them like they just saved humanity. We can't seem to get our noses outta their a**es long enough to take a deep breath and realize just exactly what's goin on.

They have kept games like they have been for the past 20 years, thats it. M$ tried to change it, it didn't work. Sony just made it seem like something special. Basically what Sony has done, is make a new console, and make people pay to play online for it. How is this good? How is everyone okay with it, after slamming Xbox users in the past, FOR THE EXACT SAME THING.

"Look at you Xbox losers, at least we don't have to pay for our online". Yeah, now we do. Now we're all losers. Woo!! I should be excited that Sony offers me game rentals and features I don't want tho. I should just throw ALL my money at them.

uhhhhhh
Message 68 of 118 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Jun 14, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
Forc ed, forc ing, forc es
1. To compel through pressure or necessity.

....I think I understand exactly what force means. So does Dictionary.com. (Not trying to be a smarta**, just proving my point).

Sony has done nothing special, yet we are praising them like they just saved humanity. We can't seem to get our noses outta their a**es long enough to take a deep breath and realize just exactly what's goin on.

They have kept games like they have been for the past 20 years, thats it. M$ tried to change it, it didn't work. Sony just made it seem like something special. Basically what Sony has done, is make a new console, and make people pay to play online for it. How is this good? How is everyone okay with it, after slamming Xbox users in the past, FOR THE EXACT SAME THING.

"Look at you Xbox losers, at least we don't have to pay for our online". Yeah, now we do. Now we're all losers. Woo!! I should be excited that Sony offers me game rentals and features I don't want tho. I should just throw ALL my money at them.

uhhhhhh

You're going a little overboard there. I saw this coming since they released PS+. This is really nothing compared to the torturous policies Xbox One is implementing. PSN is in dire need of an upgrade, to be honest. Party chat (talking with friends across games) is already available on XBL, why can't we have it?

Message 69 of 118 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
@RatchetGUNSman
Be glad that I get to keep playing games like they always have been and always should be? That's the type of thinking that confuses me.
Why should I be glad that Sony didn't dive head first off a cliff and alienate their customers and fanbase like M$?

All M$ did was do what Sony did back when PS3 launched. Back then Sony's ego was so big that they thought they could charge $600 for a console and win. They learned the hard way that you can't make people do what you want just cuz you want them to. Microsoft just did the same thing at E3 and learned the hard way. If M$ hadn't f***ed up, Sony probably wouldn't be charging for online right now, but because they did, they think people will automatically go along with whatever because Xbox isn't really an option for people right now. Nintendo? They're doing ok right now, but they're hardly in contention for Sony's spot. PC is really the only other option.

I'd like nothing more than to walk into gamestop on the day of release, Hand them $600 bucks, and walk out with a PS4, BF4, and a few other games. BUT, that isn't gonna happen for now. Let them decide which is better, my $400 for the console, or the $250 bucks I'd have to pay for PS+.
(Btw people who haven't been reading much, Sony has increased their internal sales projections. They are getting WAY more preorders than they originally thought. Demand is almost beating supply right now.) so ask yourselves guys...do they REALLY need the extra $50 a year? Or is it just a greedy hand grabbing at your wallet because it can?
Don't get all mad and reply right away, SERIOUSLY think about that last part. Do they REALLY need the extra few bucks to upgrade servers and stuff? Or are they just doing it because they want more money?

Corporations- 1 inch, they want a mile. It's how EVERYTHING starts. Pop out a history book if you don't believe me.
Message 70 of 118 (82 Views)
0 Likes