Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

It would have remained free had they kept their network the same, with no new features...but they overauled it with lots of social things, which, true, you may or may not use...and personally I think they should have just added that as PS+ features for those that choose to pay for it and use it...but..whatever. I've stopped complaining about it for a couple reasons. A) its probably ultra-expensive to offer the kinds of things they are allowing the network to do now with the Ps4, and B) I have faith they will make the network more effecient now that they will have a cash-flow they can dedicate to maintaining and upgrading the PSN.

I agree with the others. I don't want my game console for no other reason but to game. Don't care about social network blah blah blah. Paying for online is a joke. How is it that top elite titles could be played online for free with the ps3 and not the ps4? I say take the other crap down and just make great games and the servers for each. It worked for over ten years with Sony and could continue.

As for stop complaining. Well you gave up and I don't accept it like this....shame its going down like this.. good ole days are gone.

1: Because they werent allowing you to cross chat, spectate, share videos, take screen shots, stream games from the past 3 generations, take over someones controller virtually to help them.

2: Its a major misconception that SONY has anything to do with the servers of the games on its playform. They really dont...they host the network, and games that developers make, run on servers deleopers own, that connect to the network.

Dude all the cross chat I ever needed was in a great game with a grat multiplayer. As I've said before all that social new stuff is hooplah. I don't care about it..As for Sony, servers what ever. It should be free. Enough said.

Im not disagreeing with you, I'm simply answering the "why" because you do not understand.

Yes, cross-game chat is something I'll never really use, because if im chatting, its with someone in my game im trying to win with, agree 100%. But that doesnt change the fact that it isnt optional. 

And that last part, im assuming what I said went over your head. Just, dont worry about it. Its not the games multiplayer that is causing the subscription cost, as i've already explained...its all the things that SONY's network is having happen on it.

Look I understand where you are coming from. But let me just say this. From the view point of the new network. Personally IM not interested in any of it. Streaming games that you can't own, who cares? I just want to play online for free. I don't need and never needed any of that extra crap. SO Sony is forcing it on you just so they can say we have to upgrade our servers to handle the world we are wanting you to have.

Set microsoft said the same thing to their xbox1., Don't like it go play xbox360. Thats didn't go over well. Now Sony is saying the same thing and most here are not seeing it. But looks like its going to happen either way. Just hope you have fun with it.

That is pure speculation, we dont know the details of gaikai yet. Sony is not doing the same thing as Xbox for a number of reasons, namely, you can play singleplayer games all day 24/7 for free, with no internet.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 41 of 118 (64 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5225 posts

Jun 14, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Look I understand where you are coming from. But let me just say this. From the view point of the new network. Personally IM not interested in any of it. Streaming games that you can't own, who cares? I just want to play online for free. I don't need and never needed any of that extra crap. SO Sony is forcing it on you just so they can say we have to upgrade our servers to handle the world we are wanting you to have.

Set microsoft said the same thing to their xbox1., Don't like it go play xbox360. Thats didn't go over well. Now Sony is saying the same thing and most here are not seeing it. But looks like its going to happen either way. Just hope you have fun with it.

I wasn't interested in a few things on the PS3 but I still had to pay the same price as everyone else.

Yes but the online MP was FREE

Sorry, thought you were someone else when I quoted you. I'm in favor of paying for multiplayer. My main point is there is always something on consoles that someone won't like or need, but we all have to pay the same price regardless. The same thing will apply to multiplayer as well.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 42 of 118 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 14, 2013

So you're grown. You have no problem buy a $400 gaming machine but setting aside $20 every 4 months is a big **bleep** deal? You clearly sound like you're 12 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 43 of 118 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
@Exmimic you payed $600 because it was the only version of the system at the time. You weren't forced to buy it, you could have waited. Less than 3 months after the original PS3 came out, they quickly replaced it with a version that didn't have the ability to be backwards compatible and had less stuff in it (for slightly cheaper).
You bought a system for a 1 time price, you weren't having micro transactions taken out of your account each month so you had the ability to play games with your friends. Huge difference.

Message 44 of 118 (58 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

I wasn't interested in a few things on the PS3 but I still had to pay the same price as everyone else.

Sorry, thought you were someone else when I quoted you. I'm in favor of paying for multiplayer. My main point is there is always something on consoles that someone won't like or need, but we all have to pay the same price regardless. The same thing will apply to multiplayer as well.

Ex thats fine be in favor of it. But just like xbox1, Sony is forcing the issue. Not many of us care about cloud and streamig. We have Sony consoled because we love to game with great MP. We did that for free and was told by Sony this would always be free. Just make sure when you open this pandora's box your ready for the outcome...

Message 45 of 118 (56 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

So you're grown. You have no problem buy a $400 gaming machine but setting aside $20 every 4 months is a big **bleep** deal? You clearly sound like you're 12 

Okay Im grown now what? I am old enough to remember Sony telling us we would never have to pay for online service!!!  So what they are offering cloud and streaming. As if I would use that service anyway.

Oh lets not forget now we are adults and paying for rent, electric, water, internet service, new console, new controllers and what ever other accessories. OHHHHH lets not forget the 60 plus dollars for each game.. When is it enough?

It would be one thing if sony said each new ps4 game would only be 20 dollars and for the life of psn plus you always get free stuff but they didn't.... And to old sony brand lovers charging online isn't good enough. TO us its just like when micrsoft told people to buyy xbox 360 since you can't have a xbox1... Now that didn't go over well now did it?

Message 46 of 118 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 14, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Ex thats fine be in favor of it. But just like xbox1, Sony is forcing the issue. Not many of us care about cloud and streamig. We have Sony consoled because we love to game with great MP. We did that for free and was told by Sony this would always be free. Just make sure when you open this pandora's box your ready for the outcome...

I believe they said onine gaming on the ps3 will always be free. Which, is still true.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 47 of 118 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
@Toxic-Skills The denseness is strong with this one. It has NOTHING to do with how much it costs its the fact that were having to pay anything. I could set aside $600 a month, but that doesn't mean I'd pay for PS+. In this day and age, a simple thing that is a MAIN feature in 99% of games should be free.
Message 48 of 118 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

I believe they said onine gaming on the ps3 will always be free. Which, is still true.

Ahem, ps4 in a new SONY console and its not free online. Sooooo just like microsoft telling their folks if you don't like xbox1 go to xbox360... same interpretation bro...

Message 49 of 118 (41 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Than why don't you switch to pc gaming. I'll have fun playing drive club and watch dogs
/thread
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 50 of 118 (40 Views)
0 Likes